The Police in Sonoita are out of control!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Follow up to my previous post. We came down to Cholla today, lot's of Friday traffic going south. Arrived at the border at 10AM, 2 lanes open going into Mexico, RH lane which we were in, they were waving all cars thru. Waited 2-3 minutes cruised thru town going 35KPH. We saw ONE police car
coming from the main road thru town, we took the 19 de Sept turn off. FYI the 2nd stop sign going south is gone at this intersection.
You still need to stop. Weather is great, temp is 82 with 50% humidity and a slight breeze. Sat is going to get pretty windy per Windyty.

FYI for those coming down today, I was told there is a 3 Plus mile line at the border, google also seez it's a really long line.

AZRob

Well Known Member
Well this has certainly gone off the rails, now we're talking about 2 really old Presidents, One frail and the other one fat.
The frail one will be leading us forward from the fat old ones cluster f-bomb.

{My retirement account under the frail one has made my future retirement much brighter.} Please explain how it made it brighter?

Back to Sonoyta, I'll let you know how that goes when I travel thru Sonoyta on Friday morning. :cool:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I'm not trying to make this political.
Well a 25-30% increase in my IRA's value sure helps and a whole lot less WTF comments/ideas from the Agent Orange former Prez.
My future just went from a candle bright to a 250 watt spot light in the last 6 months.

The frail Prez isn't even close to perfect but a whole lot easier to tolerate the the previous mess. IMHO.
I don't really care who's the Preez, as long as it wasn't the previous one. End of story.

AZRob

Well Known Member
Well a 25-30% increase in my IRA's value sure helps and a whole lot less WTF comments/ideas from the Agent Orange former Prez.
My future just went from a candle bright to a 250 watt spot light in the last 6 months.

The frail Prez isn't even close to perfect but a whole lot easier to tolerate the the previous mess. IMHO.
I don't really care who's the Preez, as long as it wasn't the previous one. End of story.
Good for you...

ernesto

Well Known Member
I crossed yesterday afternoon and definitely saw a diminished presence. No hiding in the bushes and no one pulled over. Gringos were crawling and the locals speeding. Maybe the new chief made a difference.

rplarry

Well Known Member

Gotta love the disingenuousness of your comment, “I’m not trying to make this political.”

Good for you on your IRA. An easy accomplishment when trillions of printed dollars flood the economy. Enjoy the ride down when the printing presses halt and the market tanks.

Not to mention your IRA purchasing power after you pay the taxes on your withdrawal with taxes going up and inflation out of control. You’ll be lucky if your gains even equal the increased taxes and inflation.

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to make this political.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Disingenuousness of your comment, LOL

Hopefully I'll have enough $$ to pay for all the inflation, taxes etc. If not, I'll adjust my lifestyle.
At the end of the day I'll always have enough $$ to enjoy my life.
So I'm in a good place.

As far as politics go, If you have been paying attention all along you would have noticed,
it really doesn't matter what party is in control, the economy seems to prosper, companies prosper and
the stock market keeps advancing. People investing in good companies prosper.
When inflation rears it's ugly head, you sometimes need to add another zero to things price wise.
If you're lucky enough to own a house or 2 or 3 just say thank you for the inflation.

Maybe you can tell I'm a glass more than half full kind of person, try it, you might like thinking that way.
Enjoy your day. :cool:

Maduro steve

Well Known Member

Hopefully I'll have enough $$ to pay for all the inflation, taxes etc. If not, I'll adjust my lifestyle.
So I'm in a good place.

As far as politics go, If you have been paying attention all along you would have noticed,
it really doesn't matter what party is in control, the economy seems to prosper, companies prosper and
When inflation rears it's ugly head, you sometimes need to add another zero to things price wise.
If you're lucky enough to own a house or 2 or 3 just say thank you for the inflation.

Maybe you can tell I'm a glass more than half full kind of person, try it, you might like thinking that way.
Kinda tuff on the little guys who are still trying dig out a living don't you think. Not trying to make it political .

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I agree. It's always been tough on the little guys getting by from check to check. I was one of them a long time ago.

AZRob

Well Known Member

So I'm in a good place.

I’m not trying to make this political.

So Broken since you said "My future just went from a candle bright to a 250 watt spot light in the last 6 months." Your now saying that your going to have to adjust your lifestyle because you IRA's are not doing that great. Are you going from a 250 watt spot light to a match flicker.
I don't know anyone that's doing great right now. And it really does matter what party is in control, look what is happening. That's why building material's are sky rocketing in price and still going up.
Gas is going up and shortages. Wait until summer time your really going to see some sh!t go down. I'm not going to say anything more about it, but remember I said it first on this forum..
The only way your not going to notice it is if you have a blindfold on and ear plugs in.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I guess you missed the IF Not part of my statement. I am very confident with my financial strategy.
But, I do have a plan B because as confident as I am, you can't always plan for the unseen things that get in the way.

All of the shortages we are seeing is because of all the producers shutting everything down from Covid closures due to lack of demand.
They didn't anticipate how quickly everything started explode from the pent up demand and will take time to catch up.

We survived the gas shortages in the 70's, the massive inflation in the late 70's-80's. This time won't be much different
other than making for big headlines.
Time to kick this can down the road.

adicted

my son pulled over coming back yesterday in sonoyta. Hes drove thru a 1000 times and knows all about the pos cops. gets pulled over for so call speeding. Told me he was doing under 20. Cop told him to give him 165. He said no. Cop says lets go to the station and you will pay 165 there. He says ok lets go. Cop then gets really angry at him and stay police station closed give me 100. He says no but now his girlfriend is getting scared. Cop yells at him give me 100. My son says here is 60 go away. Cop Snatched his money yelled at them and went away.

He and his girlfriend wont ever go back now and will share there story with a TON of people.

They need to fix this or american money is going to dissapear

brokenwave

Well Known Member
my son pulled over coming back yesterday in sonoyta. Hes drove thru a 1000 times and knows all about the pos cops. gets pulled over for so call speeding. Told me he was doing under 20. Cop told him to give him 165. He said no. Cop says lets go to the station and you will pay 165 there. He says ok lets go. Cop then gets really angry at him and stay police station closed give me 100. He says no but now his girlfriend is getting scared. Cop yells at him give me 100. My son says here is 60 go away. Cop Snatched his money yelled at them and went away.

He and his girlfriend wont ever go back now and will share there story with a TON of people.

They need to fix this or american money is going to dissapear
I've reposted this:

Here is something for future reference, supposedly if you go to the station and pay the fine is reduced by 50%. Never pay the Police directly.
Here is some info from the Sonoyta Police Commander.
Police chief Miguel Angel Trujillo this number is to his cellphone
+5218116602530. He said if you get stopped to go to the police station to pay the fine.
If the police officer won't let you pay at the station to call him in the presence of the police officer that way he can talk to them.
Maybe if everyone stops paying the cops, threads like this will go away.

Attachments

Twinscrewzz

Well tell me what your frail Prez has done to bump your IRA 25 to 30% in his first 100 days Now that fuel is up 25% lumber 300% 6 trillion in new debt. and his new taxes and inflation will eat up any gains you think you have. Not a single piece of legislation passed. What policies has he enacted that had any impact on your IRA?
Agent Orange is the reason your IRA increased and why your taxes were low.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I found out this morning I had to drive to my new house in Flagstaff to meet a contractor. Hit the Sonyota city limits at 9 am exactly. I did not see a single cop. I met Brokenwave for the first time last night. My experience with my retirement accounts in recent months has been very similar to his.