They think the virus is the fault of the US visitors

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have heard two different, independent reports, first hand, that US folk are bring blamed for the virus infection in Mexico. Both comments were made at one of the enforced health stops, and by an enforcement officer. One person was told to 'go home to the states'.

Kenny

Well Known Member
I have heard two different, independent reports, first hand, that US folk are bring blamed for the virus infection in Mexico. Both comments were made at one of the enforced health stops, and by an enforcement officer. One person was told to 'go home to the states'.
That reminds me, did you ever confirm the story about the American who was taken to the clinic and it was found that he was infected, and two were put in quarantine. Who was put into quarantine, and how long was he at the resort is just two of a long list of questions I'd like to know the answer to about that occurrence.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
I have read it was a few wealthy Mexicans traveling to Colorado during the winter who brought the Chinese virus back with them. Doesn't really matter, at the end of the day this all started in Wuhan China. Then China spent weeks/months trying to cover it up and denying it existed. That is the period it started traveling the world. We know that as a fact.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
CV-19 is everywhere now, many people will get flu like symptoms and won't even know they had it.
The world lost it's ability at minimizing or containing this the first ten days of March because countries leaders chose
not to shut down all air travel, mass transit and cruise travel.

Look at countries that did a hard lock on their borders by mid-March, Slovenia 1200 cases and Croatia 1700 cases. (there are others)
These countries sit next door to Italy and they seem to have come through this in much better shape than their neighbors in Europe.

We would have been in much better shape if all air and cruise passengers were screened early on and put into a home quarantine upon arrival.
Inaction on this means the spread of CV-19 will have to run it's course until treatments and a vaccine can be developed, but those are a ways out.

TICO-T

Well Known Member
Arizona population more than 7 million. 3962 cases of Covid. Croatia population more than 4 million. 1700 cases of Covid. Arizona not doing that bad. 149 deaths with over 7 million people.

Roberto

Well Known Member
That reminds me, did you ever confirm the story about the American who was taken to the clinic and it was found that he was infected, and two were put in quarantine. Who was put into quarantine, and how long was he at the resort is just two of a long list of questions I'd like to know the answer to about that occurrence.
Last I knew he was transferred to Arizona very early. He was confirmed in AZ as being infected. I was told two staff who worked with him here were quarantined. I have no details. I have been in contact with a family who is still at Playa Bonita. I will ask what they know about this.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Arizona population more than 7 million. 3962 cases of Covid. Croatia population more than 4 million. 1700 cases of Covid. Arizona not doing that bad. 149 deaths with over 7 million people.
True the population of Croatia is 4 million but they literally sit next door to one of Italy's early hot spots
the Veneto region and surprising they only have 33 deaths so far.
I'm with you and really glad AZ isn't next door to NY or other bad areas.
This is where regions like NY would have really benefited from shutting everything down early.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It is not probable or logical that Penasco is virus free.
First brilliant comment I've heard Joan make. Just playing with you Joan. I'm sure you're a fine person. I agree 100%. Both AZ universities has almost 50 confirmed cases between them the week after spring break as reported locally. Where were some of those kids a week prior? During the same time the president was saying this week we have 15 cases, next week we'll have 0... 45 days later 32,000 people have died.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
True the population of Croatia is 4 million but they literally sit next door to one of Italy's early hot spots
the Veneto region and surprising they only have 33 deaths so far.
I'm with you and really glad AZ isn't next door to NY or other bad areas.
This is where regions like NY would have really benefited from shutting everything down early.
Thank god the west is developed differently than the east coast. We have the luxury of LAND and instead of living on top of one another, we're more spread out. I would hope that has had some effect.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Obviously it would be speculating on the Mexican's part to think that Americans brought the virus to their town. Can you blame them? It was already news at that point but because a large portion of the population downplays facts, kids still traveled from Phoenix to RP for spring break. At the same time there were confirmed cases in Sinaloa. No facts so no point in arguing but it's at least possible we did bring it there. It's also possible it came domestically from the south.

joester

2 salty dawgs
3 weeks ago, the state director of health in Az told primary care doctors to stop testing - that's why Az has so few cases reported. I'd sure like to see more than 1% of the country tested before they open anything up. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Kenny

Well Known Member
3 weeks ago, the state director of health in Az told primary care doctors to stop testing - that's why Az has so few cases reported. I'd sure like to see more than 1% of the country tested before they open anything up. Stay safe, stay healthy.
I started a self-quarantine early last month. I shopped at Basha's for myself one-time early last month, but the 2 times I've needed provisions since, I've ordered online from Fry's 20 miles away in Cottonwood. They bring it to my Jeep. I don't even have to get out.
So I was with one person early last month and a trip to the store soon after. No contact since and of course I'm fine. But here's the bomb, I could still be a carrier of the vires, but I won't know unless I'm tested. If I'm tested and it's found that I am a carrier, what then? Of course, I don't expect to be a carrier or get it while I'm staying at home. I'm the right age and with COPD to die if I get that shit though, so I'm the one who will call the shots before I mingle again, and that will be when it's actually spread out like the flu and Pneumonia are at this time, or somewhere close.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Kenny,
We're similar to you, as to very limited store/people exposure. So far, Arizona has only tested 47,398 according to State Health Dept. I hear everyday from the white house speeches, how great our tests are, but on a per capita basis, USA is way down the list. Testing 1% of the population is no way to feel comfortable about going out anywhere. Stay safe, stay home, stay healthy :)