This doesn't help tourism!

lobonegro

You chose to circumvent the sign and virtual fence.
What if you would of pulled up and asked about the property and if it’s for sale. People get scammed on internet every day sorry amigo maybe try to get your money back but blaming owners is not getting you anywhere.
what’s a virtual fence? Is that like the ones that shock the dogs? circumventing is an intentional act…you would have to know about the sign to circumvent it. It wasn’t an internet scam. It was listed by a well known international company. “Blaming owners”…. I’ve only stated what I know and have seen with my own eyes, and when I don’t know something for sure, I try to make that clear. You say I’m blaming the owners….I have a fideicomiso, bank trust, etc…the state and city said I am the owner….that’s the whole point. You can’t have 2 owners of 1 property After the sale, I found out another person holds interest in the area and documents supporting court rulings in his favor. I have never seen them and don’t know how definitive they would be on the issue.
i should not bother explaining It again to people that cant see the bigger picture. If you are friends with the Saenz and just supporting them, that’s cool. thats what friends are for. This isn’t a vendetta against the Saenz. the entire real estate process has failed in dramatic fashion. In a town with an economy based on tourism, (beach rentals included) This is a big problem. Sam Saenz reached out to me…we hope to arrange a meeting sometime. As a positive, all this info will be discoverable to alert future buyers. If we can get this settled, I’ll make more signs for Omar myself!!

Last edited:

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Your potential adverse parties are tightly limiting their public comments on this, which is prudent given the implied threat of litigation. You might learn from their example, because if you do sue someone you will see these posts again. The internet can fix a lot of problems, but sometimes it takes a good lawyer. Best of luck.

playaperro

El Pirata
what’s a virtual fence? Is that like the ones that shock the dogs? circumventing is an intentional act…you would have to know about the sign to circumvent it. It wasn’t an internet scam. It was listed by a well known international company. “Blaming owners”…. I’ve only stated what I know and have seen with my own eyes, and when I don’t know something for sure, I try to make that clear. I’m You say I’m blaming the owners….I have a fideicomiso, bank trust, etc…the state and city said I am the owner….that’s the whole point. You can’t have 2 owners of 1 property After the sale, I found out another person holds interest in the area and documents supporting court rulings in his favor. I have never seen them and don’t know how definitive they would be on the issue.
i should not bother explaining It again to people that cant see the bigger picture. If you are friends with the Saenz and just supporting them, that’s cool. thats what friends are for. This isn’t a vendetta against the Saenz. the entire real estate process has failed in dramatic fashion. In a town with an economy based on tourism, (beach rentals included) This is a big problem. Sam Saenz reached out to me…we hope to arrange a meeting sometime. As a positive, all this info will be discoverable to alert future buyers. If we can get this settled, I’ll make more signs for Omar myself!!

Old55

Well Known Member
The sellers, a four owner group including a realtor got some splanning to do as Ricky Ricardo used to say. Perro you might mention your posting the neighbors reports on the property condition etc. turned out to be bullshit too…..mistakes happen

playaperro

El Pirata
what’s a virtual fence? Is that like the ones that shock the dogs? circumventing is an intentional act…you would have to know about the sign to circumvent it. It wasn’t an internet scam. It was listed by a well known international company. “Blaming owners”…. I’ve only stated what I know and have seen with my own eyes, and when I don’t know something for sure, I try to make that clear. You say I’m blaming the owners….I have a fideicomiso, bank trust, etc…the state and city said I am the owner….that’s the whole point. You can’t have 2 owners of 1 property After the sale, I found out another person holds interest in the area and documents supporting court rulings in his favor. I have never seen them and don’t know how definitive they would be on the issue.

Last edited:

richwi

Well Known Member
I am really curious what SQ Advisors has to say. We have used them and they have been great, but it sounds like your experience with them is very different.

lobonegro

me Too! No real answers so far. It’s very frustrating to be stuck in The middle of a realtor and closer with stellar records and reputations and a guy with vocal supporters who would do business with him anytime. Everyone involved is said to be a good upstanding person, but my pockets are empty and I have no house To show for it. I’ve spent so much time and money trying to resolve this, something has got to give. I would like a chance to sit down with the Saenz and get to the bottom of this

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
me Too! No real answers so far. It’s very frustrating to be stuck in The middle of a realtor and closer with stellar records and reputations and a guy with vocal supporters who would do business with him anytime. Everyone involved is said to be a good upstanding person, but my pockets are empty and I have no house To show for it. I’ve spent so much time and money trying to resolve this, something has got to give. I would like a chance to sit down with the Saenz and get to the bottom of this
Have you received a call from Sammy? I understand he was requesting contact info. Maybe Sammy was just blowing smoke up everyone’s backside to cool the social media heat down. Time to ramp it up again. Except SQ needs to be slaughtere.

lobonegro

Sammy did message me that this should not happen again to other buyers, but no call yet. I understand he is in Tucson? I would drive over to sit down and chat. i went over to the Facebook page to post a few pics and answer a few questions….but all responses have been pending for about a week….am I blocked? It wasn’t anything inflammatory….why the block?
SQ has been a no show on 5 different meetings. Champions at ghosting

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Very interesting that Sammy has indicated that this should not happen again instead of saying never happen again. Camon Sammy you could do better.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

In the “general” section on the forum, there is a subject line of “Tijuana flights”. That Omar dude is interviewed in the video by the podcast host, as he gets off the first flight from Tijuana.

Feel bad for your plight. I know many of people who have had these experiences and they absolutely loved the beach, loved Rocky Point, loved the people , and they built up a distain that doesn’t allow them to ever come back.
Yep, this is me. Invested in the La Perla Del Mar condo tower in The Mirador 15-20 or so years ago. The developer took everyone's cash, built nothing, and got away with it untouched thanks to the actions/protection of the local government. Sadly it sounds like nothing has changed down there. I got lucky, in my case the developer cashed our down payment checks in Scottsdale, and due to this the AZ Attorney General's office went after him on our (the 40 or so investors) behalf. Amazingly, we all got about 2/3 of our money back. I never went back to Mexico after that, vowing never to spend a cent there ever again.

Old55

Well Known Member
Your potential adverse parties are tightly limiting their public comments on this, which is prudent given the implied threat of litigation. You might learn from their example, because if you do sue someone you will see these posts again. The internet can fix a lot of problems, but sometimes it takes a good lawyer. Best of luck.
Obottom line…this whole area is a shit show…avoid buying anything there…the flood risks from hurricanes , the crappy roads , Omar ,the Spanish grifters , the water issues ….and as this shows no one has your back…no one

Old55

Well Known Member
Yep, this is me. Invested in the La Perla Del Mar condo tower in The Mirador 15-20 or so years ago. The developer took everyone's cash, built nothing, and got away with it untouched thanks to the actions/protection of the local government. Sadly it sounds like nothing has changed down there. I got lucky, in my case the developer cashed our down payment checks in Scottsdale, and due to this the AZ Attorney General's office went after him on our (the 40 or so investors) behalf. Amazingly, we all got about 2/3 of our money back. I never went back to Mexico after that, vowing never to spend a cent there ever again.
We almost never hear these stories ( awesome you got the cash back! Who was the developer?) because the people screwed out of their money , the owners near by , the realtor community all fear getting sideways with influental people while there is even a slight chance of getting whole.With the next recession breathing down our necks ( black swan Ukraine invasion , inflation related monetary adjustments, R’s happy to blow up economy to win 2024 j it just seems a bad time to buy…..

SunDevil

Well Known Member
Has there ever been a hurricane hit Penasco? Tropical storm maybe but the Baja protects mainland MX (north of P Vallarta) to hurricanes

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
In 1976 a fully formed deadly hurricane tore north up the Sea of Cortez and didn't crap out until reaching Desert Hot Springs California. I was living in a desert house north of Indio California. It was late August and I was just packing up my gear for a five year tour in Iran. The torrential rains caused flash floods that took out almost every road in or out of the Coachella Valley. Boulders the size of houses rolled down the canyons on the sides of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Dozens of big bucks homes in Palm Springs, La Quinta and Cathedral City were crushed by the boulders and others filled to the roofs with sand and mud. The normally dry sand and rock Whitewater River developed into a record breaking flash flood that took out dozens of homes and golf course buildings from Palm Springs down to Indio. Every road that crossed it was washed out for weeks.

As I recall the water level of the Salton Sea was raised by four feet or more inundating every dock and marina for years afterward. Dillon Road north of Indio was washed out in at least twenty dips and culverts some of the drop offs were fifteen feet deep. Those raging flash flooded gullies destroyed the Los Angeles Aqueduct in a dozen places actually ripping the fifteen foot diameter concrete pipes out of their rock bound structure.

The shack that we lived in was just a few hundred feet off of Dillon Road. The winds blew out almost every window glass. The shearing wind and rain blew like hell northwards for several hours then the eye of the hurricane passed over us with an eerie dead still for and hour or more. Then the wind and rain resumed blasting southwards for several more hours.

We had no electricity for more than a week, luckily we had a five hundred gallon water tank on stilts that we survived on. I had two vehicles, a Volvo hot rod sedan and a Toyota Landcruizer. We were able to poke our way overland in the Landcruizer to get supplies in Indio. Interstate 8 was washed out in many places from Plaster City west to Jacumba. The traffic was routed through Mexicali BC then to Ensenada BC then back to San Diego.

By the way, this was not the 1000 year flood as being pitched by the media right now relating to the Death Valley rains. A storm like that could occur during any monsoon season especially if the hurricane gets itself into the Sea of Cortez with 90 degree water temps and 90% humidity which are ideal conditions for a killer storm to develop.

In 1976 Penasco was just a tiny fishing village probably not even one multi story shack in town. One can only imagine the devastation when such a storm like that comes barreling through...........and IT WILL mark my words!

"You can't fool Mother Nature"

JJ

Last edited: