Thunder on the beach!

Kenny

5.22.10 ASCS Canyon Region Sprint Cars from Perris CA... The #12, is Robbie's car
[video=youtube;YhPgjaDeDSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhPgjaDeDSY[/video]

Kenny

I've posted this on Robbie Allen's (see message board) site, it's mainly for AZ, but also for all of our open wheel community. So far 91 people have looked at it in apparent disbelief; but you can be sure it's being checked out as I write this. http://www.abcmotorsports.com/ You might want to check back if your interested in what they say when they do reply.
I've also posted it Cali's non wing SCRAFAN.COM forum, but you don't want to read what was said there. I'm already defending PP on that forum.
Well it's been over 24 hours and there has been over 200 views of your post on ABC's message board without one reply Russ. Now this is strictly a board about racing in AZ, and no has said one word. I would guess that they just might not think it's true, and that Kenny AKA BIGFISH, was just pulling their tail.:cluck:
P.S. Now can we fill in that damn hole and take the fence down?:woo:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Over 300 views on ABC Russ, and only one posted response, mine!http://abcteam.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=182443 We need a name, something. I know a few guy's who go down, as well one or two who have places in Cholla who frquent the board, and I'm surpised there hasn't at least been post's about the races to JJ's.:cheers:

No Stress Kenny this thing just got born, We will have 1000's to come watch thats for sure. The drivers and owners will come along no worries. Me not being in the sport cant take the findings off of one website as an indicator of whats coming, people have busy lives so some are sloe to respond.

Kenny

Me not being in the sport cant take the findings off of one website as an indicator of whats coming, people have busy lives so some are sloe to respond.
There was a response from car owner Tim Ogle this morning Russ..
There is no way in hell I would ever take my stuff over that border......

Tim
Remember that the off road bunch has been running the Peninsula for generation's, but it's been having some problems the last few years. They are also a whole different ball game than the circle track bunch. You can't lump them all together.

Last edited:
The track owner feels that over 100 race cars will be here and Stateside attendees will be over 5000. The races will be advertised heavily in Mexico as well because there a lot of motorheads here and in Caborca and San Luis and Mexicali.
If have no doubt that the promoter will not have a problem filling the bleachers with spectators. But they are smoking crack if they think they can get 100 cars to enter the race.

There was a response from car owner Tim Ogle this morning Russ..
Remember that the off road bunch has been running the Peninsula for generation's, but it's been having some problems the last few years. They are also a whole different ball game than the circle track bunch. You can't lump them all together.
Yes we have had a lot of problems with crime in Baja for the last few years...but it has recently gotten better. But it took the Governor of Baja to send a couple of thousand troops into Ensenada at every Baja 500 and 1000 to curb alot of the crime.

Kenny

Thunder on the beach in Ventura California.
[video=youtube;38pZ3ixSv-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=38pZ3ixSv-w[/video]

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Here I thought this was going to be about some bean eating contest on the beach....nevermind
Thats called THUNDER DOWN UNDER not THUNDER ON THE BEACH. I had my 5 year old grandson Elijah trout fishing with me over the weekend, my kid is half mexican, his wife is half mexican half Lakota Souix so I dont know what Elijah is but somewhere his genes were affected, he ripped one that moved the boat. i said Elijah what was that? He said nothin' grandpa.

Last edited:

Kenny

Hey Terry! Do you recognize that 45x car in the poster? That's Johnny Herrera's
car... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Herrera and it was around before Johnny started driving it for his dad, Joe. In fact you might remember that Joe first started out with that number on his dirt super mod way back when.
Johnny is touring this year with the ASCS "Herrera takes to the Lucas Oil Sprint Car National trail on a full-time basis for the first time in 2011", and they will be in the area, but it's not on their schedule.
.10/1/2011
USA Raceway
Tucson, AZ
10/8/2011
Thunderbird Speedway
Muskogee, OK
10/8/2011
Thunderbowl Raceway
Tulare, CA
10/21/2011
Devil`s Bowl Speedway -- 38th Annual Winter Nationals
Mesquite, TX
10/21/2011
Canyon Speedway Park -- Canyon Southwest Championships
Peoria, AZ
10/22/2011
Devil`s Bowl Speedway -- 38th Annual Winter Nationals
Mesquite, TX
10/22/2011
Canyon Speedway Park -- Canyon Southwest Championships
Peoria, AZ

Hey Kenny...finally get paroled??

BTW, I had a meeting wtih the Director of International Reations and Tourism for Puerto Penasco last weekend (Sr. Fausto Soto) on having a jetski race....and they are discussing having sprint car races in the big pit! The promoter also wants to bring a monster truck event in there. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's a "done deal", though! I believe there were to be some additional meetings this past week on the matter.

R

RP Kim

To give you a little insight on Thunder On The Beach, Bob Livingston is the promotor who has 16 years experience owning Thunder Raceway, the premier dirt track since Manzanita. Bob has won numerous awards including an award from Jim Hunter, VP of NASCAR. This is the first time such an award had been given to a dirt track. There are 7 (seven) different Associations, and, if you ask any racer who has the best quality track in AZ they will say Thunder Raceway is far more superior in quality of racing than any track in the southwest.

If you are talking about "sprint" car associations, there is ASCS, wing and non-wing, USAC-CRA non wing, ASCA, open comp. which Thunder Raceway has promoted numerous times sanctioned by Thunder Raceway. All wing associations from the United States are invited to the inaugrual race at Thunder On The Beach. If you have any questions regarding the October 15th/16th. races, please watch for our new website at www.thunderraceway.com that will up and running within 2 weeks. Please feel free to reply, and........See You At The Races!!!

Kenny

USA is the #1 racetrack in AZ now hands down, with much better facilities, and a nice 3/8th mile track. It's not even close!! Canyon even has a much bigger and better schedule than Thunder raceway, and both tracks run premier sprint car races like the Western World. I like Thunder raceway, so don't get me wrong, but that's a bunch of nonsense. I can't even remember when Bob had a decent sprint car race up there, and more than a few teams will never go back for reasons I won't go into...Oh, and by the way the ASCA (Arizona Sprint Car Association) unfortunately has been run over by the ASCS and is no longer active, and hasn't been for well over a year and a half, probably two. The open comp deal you ran up there worked for awhile, but you depended on the NMMRA coming over from N.M. to make it happen, and unfortunately for a lot of us who supported that deal, it has not been run in some time, and not this year.. I don't mind you promoting your deal, but please, lets keep it somewhat close to the truth. After all, you're not promoting little old Thunder raceway, you are promoting a race in Rocky point Mexico.
Look for yourself, and tell me which track looks like it's the place to race in AZ.
USA.http://www.usaraceway.net/schedule/ . Or http://www.thunderraceway.com/.. Both USA and Canyon run regular sprint cars shows, both winged and non winged sprinters...Canyon not only has the ASCA Southwest Championship race for both the winged and non winged cars this year in a 2 day show October 21st and 22nd, the also have a 2 day 410 USAC show (out of state group) the following weekend.
I'm sorry Kim, but Thunder raceway is not even close to "the best quality track in AZ",and though many like the little bull ring (I do) I have no idea why you would say such a thing.
Ken Clever

If anyone wants to know what's happening in open wheeled racing in AZ, go here..http://www.abcmotorsports.com/

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
USA is the #1 racetrack in AZ now hands down, with much better facilities, and a nice 3/8th mile track. It's not even close!! Canyon even has a much bigger and better schedule than Thunder raceway, and both tracks run premier sprint car races like the Western World. I like Thunder raceway, so don't get me wrong, but that's a bunch of nonsense. I can't even remember when Bob had a decent sprint car race up there, and more than a few teams will never go back for reasons I won't go into...Oh, and by the way the ASCA (Arizona Sprint Car Association) unfortunately has been run over by the ASCS and is no longer active, and hasn't been for well over a year and a half, probably two. The open comp deal you ran up there worked for awhile, but you depended on the NMMRA coming over from N.M. to make it happen, and unfortunately for a lot of us who supported that deal, it has not been run in some time, and not this year.. I don't mind you promoting your deal, but please, lets keep it somewhat close to the truth. After all, you're not promoting little old Thunder raceway, you are promoting a race in Rocky point Mexico.
Look for yourself, and tell me which track looks like it's the place to race in AZ.
USA.http://www.usaraceway.net/schedule/ . Or http://www.thunderraceway.com/.. Both USA and Canyon run regular sprint cars shows, both winged and non winged sprinters...Canyon not only has the ASCA Southwest Championship race for both the winged and non winged cars this year in a 2 day show October 21st and 22nd, the also have a 2 day 410 USAC show (out of state group) the following weekend.
I'm sorry Kim, but Thunder raceway is not even close to "the best quality track in AZ",and though many like the little bull ring (I do) I have no idea why you would say such a thing.
Ken Clever

If anyone wants to know what's happening in open wheeled racing in AZ, go here..http://www.abcmotorsports.com/
LOL SOLD!!!!! Kenny just sold the %$^& out of you! Boom, outa here! Im sorry Kimmy but I did spend a few hours with good ol Kenny not too long ago and I can say that this man is an official OPEN WHEEL racing HARD ASS and or GURU whichever you want. Just dont call them sprint cars haha! Get em Kenny!!!!!!

Kenny

LOL SOLD!!!!! Kenny just sold the %$^& out of you! Boom, outa here! Im sorry Kimmy but I did spend a few hours with good ol Kenny not too long ago and I can say that this man is an official OPEN WHEEL racing HARD ASS and or GURU whichever you want. Just dont call them sprint cars haha! Get em Kenny!!!!!!
I'm certainly not against this deal Joe, but if your going to represent the people who are trying to put this thing together it's best to know what you're talking about, and be above board on how you sell the thing. If Bob is able to sell this deal to the ASCA (Kevin Montgomery & Benji) they might have a chance, but we can't even get most of those boy's in their non wing Canyon division to show up at the new track outside of Phoenix near Apache Junction because it's not a ASCS sactioned race.