Thunder on the beach!

RP Kim...what they going to do for fuel? The mexican customs sure as hell aren't going to let them thru the border....at least not without some kind of duty???

That's one of the major concerns the jetski racers have for coming to Penasco to do any races....many run 109 octane, and they were always hassled at the border. You now have the new airport with aviation gas and jet fuel...but they won't sell to you unless you have a plane....not like the airports in the Phoenix area (Glendale, Deer Valley).....

Kenny

RP Kim...what they going to do for fuel? The mexican customs sure as hell aren't going to let them thru the border....at least not without some kind of duty???

That's one of the major concerns the jetski racers have for coming to Penasco to do any races....many run 109 octane, and they were always hassled at the border. You now have the new airport with aviation gas and jet fuel...but they won't sell to you unless you have a plane....not like the airports in the Phoenix area (Glendale, Deer Valley).....
All I know about that is that the big $ sanctioning body's like formula one and NASCAR have been able to get the type fuel they need while running in Mexico. Personally I think that's the least of their worries.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I dont think fuel is the issue here. SCORE isnt as big as FORM1 and Nascar and they dont have any issues.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The track was laid out last week. Clay is coming this week for the construction of the track. Equipment has been coming in for the last couple of days. Lucas is a major sponsor. I will post pics later as the track is being developed. I will also post the names of the drivers coming as I get them.

Landshark

I think the safety of the driver's, pit crew, and spectators should be the primary concern. Will the track itself be safe? Will the inner and outer walls be properly constructed to assure everyone's safety? Sprint cars are fast as hell and things can and will go wrong. Will there be well trained and equipped medical personal on-sight? If air evac is necessary, will it arrive in time? Safety always needs to be a top priority.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I think the safety of the driver's, pit crew, and spectators should be the primary concern. Will the track itself be safe? Will the inner and outer walls be properly constructed to assure everyone's safety? Sprint cars are fast as hell and things can and will go wrong. Will there be well trained and equipped medical personal on-sight? If air evac is necessary, will it arrive in time? Safety always needs to be a top priority.
This thing is being assembled as if it was in the States all of those concerns have already been addressed but you are right safety is of utmost concern - the guy knows how to do it.

From the stands you will be able to look down into the pits which will be really cool. I will keep you posted

This thing is being assembled as if it was in the States all of those concerns have already been addressed but you are right safety is of utmost concern - the guy knows how to do it.

From the stands you will be able to look down into the pits which will be really cool. I will keep you posted
Russ...is there any way you can find out what they plan on doing about fuel? Are they bringing it down from the states? What are the arrangements for crossing the border? Or are they having someone deliver from Mexico?...etc., etc., etc.?????

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ...is there any way you can find out what they plan on doing about fuel? Are they bringing it down from the states? What are the arrangements for crossing the border? Or are they having someone deliver from Mexico?...etc., etc., etc.?????
My last meet with Bob indicates all fuel is Sunoco and coming with the drivers in their trailers, since details like these are "fluid" they are apt to change. The plan right now is that authorization will come for the drivers with the "Thunder on the Beach" window stickers will be allowed their personal use of Methanol.

Border crossing issue should be pretty smooth. We are working on a manifest type solution to this and I am confident that it will be no problem.

The city and the State are 100% behind this program. No naysayers here just us cheerleaders.......

Kenny

The track was laid out last week. Clay is coming this week for the construction of the track. Equipment has been coming in for the last couple of days. Lucas is a major sponsor. I will post pics later as the track is being developed. I will also post the names of the drivers coming as I get them.
Keep us posted Russ... Yes Lucas is a big sponsor of all kinds of racing, but you also need a sanctioning body and all that comes with it. Do you have a group in the states that's going to sanction it?

Good post Landshark.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Keep us posted Russ... Yes Lucas is a big sponsor of all kinds of racing, but you also need a sanctioning body and all that comes with it. Do you have a group in the states that's going to sanction it?

Good post Landshark.
I have a meet with Bob tomorrow and I will find out what the scoop is on the sanctioning body and all it entails. I will post my findings here later tomorrow or Thursday. Photos to follow

AZ ROB

Border crossing issue should be pretty smooth. We are working on a manifest type solution to this and I am confident that it will be no problem.

[/QUOTE]
I know how that works Russ I still have an Enclosed Trailer full of computers and Medical supplies from when we had the manifest and letters from the Mayor of Penasco. but I hope it works out for the drivers and teams.

Roberto

My last meet with Bob indicates all fuel is Sunoco and coming with the drivers in their trailers, since details like these are "fluid" they are apt to change. The plan right now is that authorization will come for the drivers with the "Thunder on the Beach" window stickers will be allowed their personal use of Methanol.

The city and the State are 100% behind this program. No naysayers here just us cheerleaders.......
Don' t you have the issue that the ADUANA is Federal and not local or state ??

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The comment about the city and the State is just out there to clarify to anyone who may be interested that the city of Penasco and the State of Sonora are behind the program (Thunder on the beach) and will assist in any way that they can.

The Fuel ordeal is a Federal concern we understand that. In that area we are working with the Federal Government through the Aduana office to clarify their needs and concerns.

We do not pretend to know everything, but we feel we are going through the right channels to make sure this happens correctly. There are answers for most of the challenges, the tricky part is to find out who can give you authority and get it in writing.

Good things take a lot of work, and I feel this is a good thing.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The clay and dirt are being excavated right now, the track construction is set for Saturday Morning to start. It will take a few days to get it down but I will try and have photos of the progress as it goes along. I will be out there early Saturday morning then again in the afternoon after Rocky Point Ramblings, oh yeah that reminds me you can listen in anywhere by clicking here Rocky Point Ramblings

Kenny

The clay and dirt are being excavated right now, the track construction is set for Saturday Morning to start. It will take a few days to get it down but I will try and have photos of the progress as it goes along. I will be out there early Saturday morning then again in the afternoon after Rocky Point Ramblings, oh yeah that reminds me you can listen in anywhere by clicking here Rocky Point Ramblings
I'm heading over to S Cal Saturday for a big sprint car race Russ, can I tell them the track work has started? What about what you posted above and below on the 19th?
I have a meet with Bob tomorrow and I will find out what the scoop is on the sanctioning body and all it entails. I will post my findings here later tomorrow or Thursday. Photos to follow

Last edited:

Kenny

This thread you started has has 3,568 hits Russ, and for myself any news would not only be appreciated, but the right thing to do.