Thunder on the beach!

Roberto

Russ Sez: Based on what you have said then I guess we should just give up?? Homey dont play that game. There are many pieces to every puzzle (challenge) we are putting them in place one by one. Maybe I am living in la la land, time will tell. I will continue to do what I have been commissioned to do until someone with authority tells me to quit. Otherwise it is full steam ahead or ramming speed or whatever else cute thing you want to say to show commitment to a product! :???::blah:

I don' t get at all that anyone is telling anyone to give up, or even being pessamistic. I do get that your responses to valid questions are vague and incomplete, maybe even misleading. If you don't know say "I don't know" what's wrong with that? I think that your supreme confidence and unwillingness to admit there are continuing and perhaps serious problems to this venture has perhaps give you an image like a condo saleman for one of the defunct condos. "I'm confident that the pool is going to be built over there and clubhouse here..." Kenny just happens to know more about this kind of racing and was able to ask very pointed questions. We all know that a venture like this is difficult, even in the US.

Based on your response I assume that you are being paid to promote this ???

Kenny

Kenny...that's the problem...they didn't make it work years ago....one of the reasons why they stopped doing it...even before the "cartel violence" mania scared them off.
You've known me for years Joe, so let me be blunt. This redundant rant of your's about Jetski gas is getting old :ham: Now if the IMCA semi stock cars that are pictured in the poster show for this deal they will be running high octane gas, and you can ask them how they got it.:mrgreen:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Roberto - No I do everything for free. (sarcasm on) I am not being vague but there are questions that I dont have the answer to as it has little to do with my job at Thunder. The track is under construction now, Lucas has set a date for one of their races next year. There is much going on. Deals are being done and no I wont sell you the pool at the condo off a piece of paper. In retrospect I should have kept quiet for 2 more weeks... 50 years old and still learning.........

Kenny

The track is under construction now, Lucas has set a date for one of their races next year. There is much going on.
Great, that's big! You should have posted pictures of the construction, and what size the track is going to be..like yesterday..LOL I'm serious.
As far as Lucas is concerned they sponsor more types of racing that I can name, they even bought what was originally called Indianapolis raceway park recently.http://www.lucasoilspeedway.com/ So do you know what kind of race they will be putting the $ up for next year? They are very big in the off road stuff too.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Great! You should have posted pictures of the construction, and what size the track is going to be..like yesterday..LOL
As far as Lucas is concerned they sponsor more types of racing that I can name, they even bough what was originally called Indianapolis raceway park recently.http://www.lucasoilspeedway.com/ So do you know what kind of race they will be putting the $ up for next year? They are very big in the off road stuff too.
Since the Lucas Race isnt until next April I cant remember exactly but it seems it is an offroad event. there is 5000 (Something like that) acres available for a track that has been offered (private land) This is a race which coincides with one that is done in Ensenada currently, they are keeping the Ensenada race and adding this one which will tie the region together. It is a lot of good work going on right now. It aint easy either but I am confident it will yield good results for everyone participating (pom pom) sorry!

Kenny

Fine, and that makes sense to tie it to the Baja run.
If they have broken ground and have any meaningful work done, or just have equipment out there, you need to post pictures Russ. All the big names and freebees don't mean pucky to racers if you don't have something besides a barren piece of sand out there. You need to give the one's who think just maybe they might go, something more to think about. You've planted the seed, and if there's anything starting to grow you need to throw water on it by posting what's coming up so people won't think it's dead.

You've known me for years Joe, so let me be blunt. This redundant rant of your's about Jetski gas is getting old :ham: Now if the IMCA semi stock cars that are pictured in the poster show for this deal they will be running high octane gas, and you can ask them how they got it.:mrgreen:
Kenny....SOOOOOORRRRYYYY if it sounds like a rant....I know it's taking away from a discussion of your interests!!! :whine::moon:

but my interests are with jetski racing....and one of the individuals involved in this thread may have info that I've been trying to get.....and I haven't been successful in getting it! Getting the info from the "IMCA stock car" racers at some future date, if they show up, does not help in the near term of convincing jetski racers to come down. Capische?

playaperro

El Pirata
Pretty sure who ever builds this track not going to take any bullsh it from a nancy grace. Maybe they should drive down to penasco and see and asked whats going on, not from some keyboard talking like a monday morning quarterback!! At least offer the guy a cup of coffee to get some info.

Kenny

I didn't start this thread, and I really don't care who is actually putting up the $$ for this deal. That said, if they want to get the news about this endeavor out to not only the racers and owners in the Southwest but nationwide, they should keep posting updates on this forum. I have the means and the know how on how to get this information out to the people that can make a difference in the circle track part of this deal. One way or the other I've spent many of my years promoting sprint car racing, and I know more than just a little about our community and how they think. I spent a good part of my time at the track in Cali last weekend defending and talking about how safe it is in PP, and how our road down to Rocky Point is a hell of a lot cleaner than I10 is from Blythe to my turn off for their track in Perris. I10 looks like hell, with trash and years of tire debris all over the side of the freeway.
I realize how complicated this deal is going to be, but I also know that being straight up about what's going on, plus giving the owners and racers time to give it thought, and potently make plans for the trip, will make a huge difference on how this whole thing is perceived in the states.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Ground breaking and installing the first foot traffic control fence, not much to see but its a start and I will post more after my trip out to the site today
Ground breaking the track (1).jpg Ground breaking the track (4).jpg

Last edited:

AZ ROB

I want to be there when the first drunk leaves the reef and gets into the track and rolls the family trucksteer a couple of times... And we all know it is going to happen.....

MIRAMAR

Those trailers are in for a "Haboob" aka dust storm when those cars hit the track. On the other hand, it does make for a pretty sunset!

I want to be there when the first drunk leaves the reef and gets into the track and rolls the family trucksteer a couple of times... And we all know it is going to happen.....
Rob...that hole has been there for a couple of years...at least....and it's far enough away from the roadway exiting Wrecked at the Reef!!!

Kenny

Ground breaking and installing the first catch fence, not much to see but its a start and I will post more after my trip out to the site today View attachment 3356 View attachment 3357
Thanks Russ, you can get a idea of the layout of the track and that is a start, but there is no way that that's a "catch fence"... A catch fence go's around the outside of the track to stop both the cars, and any parts flying off of them from going into the stands or outside the track. It's paramount to have a HIGH stout and well made catch fence to protect the fans. It's a very important part of the track, and will have to be up to a certain standard, or they will not race on that track.

Kenny

I was at Manzy for this race and as you'll see, even with a good catch fence there is no guarantee's.
[video=youtube;SppFl4y6NNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SppFl4y6NNk[/video]

Kenny

Tucson's own triple crown winner Jerry Coons Jr testing a fence in a Midget at Dodge County Fairgrounds.
[video=youtube;F6w9XsichYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6w9XsichYE&feature=related[/video]

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Thanks Russ, you can get a idea of the layout of the track and that is a start, but there is no way that that's a "catch fence"... A catch fence go's around the outside of the track to stop both the cars, and any parts flying off of them from going into the stands or outside the track. It's paramount to have a HIGH stout and well made catch fence to protect the fans. It's a very important part of the track, and will have to be up to a certain standard, or they will not race on that track.
You are right for pointing that out, after looking at the plans that is just a fence to control foot traffic in and out of the pits which will to the right side of the fencing as progress is made I will continue to update, I changed my original post to reflect that.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I definitely make it a point at least once a trip to drive about 75mph through that ditch! Because I can! Now that theres a little track there they better keep me out or Ill more than likely be the guy that Rob is talking about! lawl

This is one of my shocks to let you know that Im not joking whatsoever!