Thunder on the beach!

AZ ROB

Rob...that hole has been there for a couple of years...at least....and it's far enough away from the roadway exiting Wrecked at the Reef!!!
Joe I know that the hole is far from the reef I was talking about when somone decides to cut the fence and just drive right in. You know "We are Americans and we have the right to do what ever we want down in Mexico":happens:

Kenny

I can't, I'm laughing to damn hard to type. OK, I'm better now.:shock:.. Let me just say I want to reserve two front row seat's in the sand for my buddy Roberto, and a friend of his choice. As long as it's not me.

playaperro

El Pirata
I can't, I'm laughing to damn hard to type. OK, I'm better now.:shock:.. Let me just say I want to reserve two front row seat's in the sand for my buddy Roberto, and a friend of his choice. As long as it's not me.
Lots of pretty women in Penasco Kenny,

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
DSCN0030.jpgDSCN0031.jpgDSCN0043.jpgDSCN0045.jpgDSCN0037.jpg

Heres a few site pics. Come next Monday we will have the shaper out to start to form the first layer of banked corners. Second layer will be put down by next Saturday and they the track will really start to take shape. This is a massive job. The track is 70' wide and 1/3 of a mile long so the amount of material coming in is huge. I will post them as it takes shape.

Kenny

It will be 1/3 of a mile in circumference, and yes it is.

The fact that Bob has not put out one name of any of the Sprint car drivers that he expects to be there, or any other names is big Russ. Most people that I've talked to about it don't even take this deal seriously. You must have seen the response on Robbie's site. His promotion up to date is lacking to put it nicely, and he needs to step it up. No, I'm not talking about more posters!

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Russ,
do you have a basic site plan or elevation plan to illustrate what the finished product will look like? if you do, would you mind posting it?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ,
do you have a basic site plan or elevation plan to illustrate what the finished product will look like? if you do, would you mind posting it?
There is a design being draw right now but here are some specifics.

Track width has been changed to 65 feet wide. It is Oval and it is 1/3 mile long. The banked ends of the track go from the inside edge of the track at zero inches to the top of the bank at 60-72 inches, then there is a gradual slope on the backside of the turns - the corners although banked are still flat with no curve built in. I will upload the track design as soon as I get a copy of it. Lots of progress today so it is on track so to speak!.

Kenny

I'll be looking forward to some more pictures of the track Russ, and I'm sure by now Bob has come up with at least one name of a sprint car driver/team that might be there. He doe's have a picture of the very well known 45X on his poster, Johnny Herrera's car.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Herrera Doe's that mean that he has a commitment from that team?

playaperro

El Pirata
Reprint Local cabbies will be racing..

HELD AT ROCKY POINT ROAD RACING IN THE BARGAIN
August 20

By: Ivan Bravo
PTO. Penasco, SON.

In order to attract national and international tourism market, the Convention and Visitors Bureau, in coordination with the company "Thunder On The Beach Racing", held on 15 and October 16 racing vehicles off pavement.
Faced with a wheel press briefing at the various local media and state, Oscar Palacio Soto reported that runs off pavement will be offered to citizens rocaportenses in the area where the Navy was projected CVR group behind the trailer park of the Reef., where careers are covered just over 500 yards away at a speed of 120 miles so far on track with a width of 65 to 70 feet.
Meanwhile, the coordinator of such events in the United States, Bob Livingston, said to be about 80 riders from the states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado, those who come to participate in October.

"We are of those who are convinced that creating events like these that have already had a level of success in the United States can take them to Puerto Peñasco and build a great event and attract tourists, we are being supported by the state government, municipality of Peñasco and merchants of this port, "he said Oscar Palacio Soto.
Peñasco He acknowledged that there are many groups that participate in events like Jeep's off-road, so the event is aimed for amateurs in the United States in the region and local, as exemplified in Baja California in Mexicali and Tijuana are groups that take part in races from the synergies of the Baja 1000 and Baja 500, so that they were invited to participate in the month of October.
" We try to make events like there (Baja California) but different events are low distances, get to a point to another, not here, the races are to be seen in one place all the time, that make it more attractive, because a car of this has great potential and are assessed between $ 50 000 or so, "Soto assure Palace.
They reported that the next event at Rocky Point are scheduled for February 18 and 19 with racing pickup truck, and 24 and March 25 will be to the famous "Monster Truck".
He noted that it is positioned to Rocky Point as a destination for events and activities to do, as can racing cars, motorcycle racing, concerts and other things that generate tourism and economic income stream.

In November, the Rocky Point Rally

Are the days 10 to November 13 when carrying out the eleventh Rocky Point Rally in the city, they announced the event organizer Oscar Soto Palace press conference by the media before the National Chamber of Commerce .
Accompanied by Héctor Vázquez del Mercado, president of the Convention and Visitors Bureau, Palace Soto said that since work began in June of overseas promotion to ensure a large influx at the event.
It is expected, he said, exceed 2 thousand Americans that there were 500 motorcycles last year and the thousands who were Mexican, in addition to looking for ways to involve a lot more shops in the locality where the events take place as they are the main beneficiaries of such activities.
"For this time in the program will include more activities than in previous years and in more parts of the community without neglecting the main point is traditional, founding the pier," they added.
As in previous years the economic benefits collected with this Rocky Point Rocky Point Rally will be for DIF, DIF Sonoyta Foundation, George Papanicolaou, Fire, Red Cross Nursing Home and School "The Mountain".

Last edited:

Kenny

Meanwhile, the coordinator of such events in the United States, Bob Livingston, said to be about 80 riders from the states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado, those who come to participate in October.
And he can't come up with one name, or a sanctioning body?

Last edited:

Kenny

:crybaby::rofl:

How many times have you been banned on here ?
Only once compared to your what, 6 or 7?... For the record I was banned for telling you what I was going to do to you for your personal attacks on me, and you're real close to the line right now you WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP LOL. I hope you read it before it was taken off, because I meant it! See ya at the track bud.

Kenny

I'll be looking forward to some more pictures of the track Russ, and I'm sure by now Bob has come up with at least one name of a sprint car driver/team that might be there. He doe's have a picture of the very well known 45X on his poster, Johnny Herrera's car.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Herrera Doe's that mean that he has a commitment from that team?
The latest on the 45X and Johnny Herrera....Lonnie Wheatley, JACKSON, Minn. (August 19, 2011) – Johnny Herrera kicked off the 33rd Annual Jackson Nationals presented by Brodix Cylinder Heads by racing to his second Lucas Oil ASCS presented by K&N Filters National triumph of the season in Friday night’s 20-lap Loren Woodke Memorial feature event.

The Albuquerque shoe took full advantage of a second start to the race to battle into the early lead and then paced the final 19 circuits aboard the Wesmar-powered Mesilla Valley Transport/Champion Oil No. 45x Maxim for his fourth career ASCS National triumph.