Toby Owner of Camel Toe

C

chollabayhome

We got news yesterday that Toby (Owner of Camel Toe) died in his home on Friday 4-24. Does anyone have any information? He was in mourning over the loss of Jessica who died over Easter weekend in a roll-over accident.

playaperro

El Pirata
chollabayhome said:
We got news yesterday that Toby (Owner of Camel Toe) died in his home on Friday 4-24. Does anyone have any information? He was in mourning over the loss of Jessica who died over Easter weekend in a roll-over accident.
Good people Toby, Yessica, Toby died of a brain hemorrhage.

Jim

Wow, I stopped by there about a month ago on a whim and met Toby. What a character he was. He was so happy and full of life. I didn't know him well but I would say that Penasco lost a good one.

The word floating around town is that he died of a drug overdose....whether it was intentional or accidental....who knows!

JPK_AZ

OK I have to ask perhaps a dumb question. I've seen signs for Camel Toe off Calle 13 I believe. However I've never been by it. Is it a bar? A strip club??

JPK_AZ said:
OK I have to ask perhaps a dumb question. I've seen signs for Camel Toe off Calle 13 I believe. However I've never been by it. Is it a bar? A strip club??
A bar.....don't expect it to re-open....

C

chollabayhome

Asking if the Camel Toe is a strip club isn't a dumb question, given the name of the place. It was actually a well done bar, and had it not been for the lack of tourism, it may have done well. Everytime we went by, not often, it had one or two cars in front. It's all very tragic. :|

J

Jamie75

I heard a combo of drugs and alcohol from numerous sources in town this weekend. Said he was absolutely heart broken over his loss of Jessica. Sad....

Jim

Camel Toe will not reopen. The owner of the property contacted me today to list it for rent for him. I guess someone could actually reopen it using the same name if they wanted to. He is asking $1000 per month. It is 9000+ square feet. It would be cool if it stayed the same but time will tell. When I went there today there were black ribbons on the doors.

The place does not have a liquor license, according to some of the business owners in town. It was "in process", thanks to help from Jesika....

Jim

The liquor license belonged to Tecate. It is common for Tecate to provide the tables, chairs, equipment, signage and the liquor license. I don't know if Toby was trying to get his own but he was operating under theirs at the time.

Jim

Well, Camel Toe Cantina rented today. They want to keep the same name. Any comments? Also they were wondering if anyone has a picture of Toby so they can make a kind of memorial space for him. I think they knew him. If so, please send them to me. These guys seem cool and I think that they will do a good job.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Well, Camel Toe Cantina rented today. They want to keep the same name. Any comments? Also they were wondering if anyone has a picture of Toby so they can make a kind of memorial space for him. I think they knew him. If so, please send them to me. These guys seem cool and I think that they will do a good job.
Glad to hear.

BIG MAC

There are some photos of him on the website as well as his bio in the about us section. They might try to lift a couple from http://www.cameltoecantina.com/. I didn't know him well but spent several afternoons at the 'toe with both he and Yesicka, good people with a sad ending.

M

m4shawn

My 2 cents: very cool little bar with some good thought put into the atmosphere of an outdoor flavored cantina; nice place. I met Toby once and he seemed like a nice fellow. It was sad that all this economic/fear garbage took place so close the opening of his bar - it obviously meant a lot to him, and I felt bad for the downturn in business his place was suffering; he seemed to take it hard.
Having said that and with no disrespect meant to the man, I would really like to see the name changed to something less..... juvenile and off color. I think Toby was going for something fun and a little mischevious - I can appreciate that and think that IS possible with some more creativity. I mean, naming a bar after female genitaila..... really? Come on, man.
Again, no meanness meant towards poor Toby, God rest his soul. I just hated the dumb name from the start.

E

El Feo

He could call it the Vagina Stone Bar and Grille and I'll rent him the stone for viewing !!!!! We'll make a shrine and people can treat it like the Blarney Stone !!

M

m4shawn

Well if we are going to start tossing out like-minded names, here are a few in the same category as Camel Toe Cantina; why not:
- Butt Crack Bistro
- Cooter Itch Cafe
- The Nut Sack Bar & Grill
- Yeast Infection Connection
- Penis Shaft Pub
- Nipples & Tits Tavern

You get my point?

Kenny

Well if we are going to start tossing out like-minded names, here are a few in the same category as Camel Toe Cantina; why not:
- Butt Crack Bistro
- Cooter Itch Cafe
- The Nut Sack Bar & Grill
- Yeast Infection Connection
- Penis Shaft Pub
- Nipples & Tits Tavern

You get my point?
:idea: I get it!! The point is that you are way more immature than the name of the bar:?: Like you said, "juvenile and off color". Did I get it right?:grin:

Kenny

Last edited: