Toby Owner of Camel Toe

J

Jamie75

Well, Camel Toe Cantina rented today. They want to keep the same name. Any comments? Also they were wondering if anyone has a picture of Toby so they can make a kind of memorial space for him. I think they knew him. If so, please send them to me. These guys seem cool and I think that they will do a good job.

If you don't mind me asking..who rented it?

M

m4shawn

:idea: I get it!! The point is that you are way more immature than the name of the bar. Like you said, "juvenile and off color". Did I get it right?:grin:

Kenny
:rolleyes: Not exactly Kenny (laughing..) - that thing that just flew over you was my point - but that's alright. ;-)

Jim

OK, I'll come clean. Myself and 2 partners have re-opened it. It did not make sense to change the name: it is already known, it is unforgetable, it is Tobys legacy, and of course the sign and paintjob were already taken care of. We have been open for 2 days and are mostly trying to organize. Wednesday is the Grand Re-Opening with live music and food and drink specials. We are having 2 pool tables delivered tomorrow. God knows I haven't been making any money in the Real Estate business. Anyway, wish me luck. BTW always $1.50 domestic bottled beer.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
OK, I'll come clean. Myself and 2 partners have re-opened it. It did not make sense to change the name: it is already known, it is unforgetable, it is Tobys legacy, and of course the sign and paintjob were already taken care of. We have been open for 2 days and are mostly trying to organize. Wednesday is the Grand Re-Opening with live music and food and drink specials. We are having 2 pool tables delivered tomorrow. God knows I haven't been making any money in the Real Estate business. Anyway, wish me luck. BTW always $1.50 domestic bottled beer.
cool! :) congrats! Hope it works out for you

Kenny

That's cool Jim:sunny:. Now when I come into town and you are not home, I'll know where to find you. Heck, I'll be down in a few weeks, I'll stop by your new home first.

Kenny

Last edited:

Jim

Thanks. I still have your jacket Kenny. I have not even worn it. Be sure to look me up when you come.

M

m4shawn

Big congrats and good fortune to you Jim! My wife and I will come visit the bar again and hopefully meet you when we come in June.

Congrats! What kind of live music, btw?

And, I know this sounds stupid, but can't always tell when a bar in Mexico calls something an import/domestic--you mean Tecate products (assuming you're sticking with Tacate, as it was before) are all $1.50, including Dos XX, Bohemia, etc?

Jim

Gringo, Yes, we are in Mexico so an import is an American beer and a Domestic is a Mexican Beer. We did stay with Tecate for both the ease of the transition and the popularity of their products. Beachgirl, It is on B. Elias Calles (the dirt road that goes from Calle 13 to Playa Bonita) up a block and a half on the right. I will probably be there more during the days and early evenings. I will leave the late nights to my partners. I don't want a divorce. Obviously we couldn't get Tobys old URL so went with www.cameltoecantina.net. Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks all.

playaperro

El Pirata
Best of luck Jim. Suggestion for the bar you might have most of these.

Lesbian bar tender

Free wifi with a free phone calls to USA

Mexican shrimp cocktails like the ones @ playa bonita

Message board

What do you think? I have more and maybe others have some too.

Jim

Hi Rosy,
That would be fabulous. We are not sure what kind of turnout we will have given the current slowdown and the lack of time to promote much. We hope for the best and it will be fun regardless. (The Tecate girls will be there...) There will be some killer seviche and snacks. (and my wife makes the worlds best salsa) I think the 1st band starts at 8:00. We expect a late night as the last 2 nights there were more people at 2:00am than at 8:00pm. Open til 3:00 (thankfully thats not my shift). If you have any ideas or can help with some last minute promotion, I would be eternally greatful. Jim

Jim

Perro,
We can't afford a lesbian bartender right now so us guys will have to do. WiFi and Majic Jack will be up next week. Shrimp coctails are on the menu. As far as a message board, the website has a chat feature and a blog feature that I have not enabled as I am not that computer savy. Maybe I will figure it out later. We do have menudo, pozole and cheap bloody marys all day on Sundays. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Umm, maybe he meant a message board, like, an actual board you physically attach a paper message to, kinda' like they've had for years at JJ's. Funny, though, the online message board is what I thought he meant initially as well. I think a link back to this site would suffice for that function, but a good old-fashioned board hanging on the wall always gives a bar a personal, local feel, in my opinion. As does a wall of photos with prior bar patrons--you'll need a printer for that these days!

Last edited:

Kenny

black widow

Jim,:idea: you should get the black widow:eek3: as a bouncer. That would keep out a few of azbeachboy's friends, but it would bring in the ~~~tail draggers~~~..:mrgreen:

Kenny