Todays Gas Price Rise....and us because it's all about us

AZRob

Well Known Member
I talked to my friend that lives in RP he said gas stations are still blocked by protesters no gas sales. Protesters blocked roads going deeper in Mexico from RP. His brother who lives deeper said same thing there no motor vehicles are getting by protestors. You want to go to another town you are walking.

So far the way to and from US is still good.

Dont try selling gas in Mexico, you will get thrown in jail. Some people have been arrested already for trying to sell in town.

mis2810

Well Known Member
I talked to my friend that lives in RP he said gas stations are still blocked by protesters no gas sales. Protesters blocked roads going deeper in Mexico from RP. His brother who lives deeper said same thing there no motor vehicles are getting by protestors. You want to go to another town you are walking.

So far the way to and from US is still good.

Dont try selling gas in Mexico, you will get thrown in jail. Some people have been arrested already for trying to sell in town.
Not true. I'm here now and have been here all week. Gas is being sold and nobody is walking anywhere. There have been protests and brief closures of a couple of gas stations. Deeper in Mexico things are a little worse. My husband flew to Mexico City on Wednesday and his brother couldn't come and pick up him from the airport because the highway was closed by protesters. He spent the night at a friend's house and then Thursday morning went on his way just fine. There are a lot of rumors floating around and 99% of them are untrue. Yes, people are mad about the gas price hike - as well they should be, but as I said, a lot is just rumor and people spreading hysteria.

AZRob

Well Known Member
Not true. I'm here now and have been here all week. Gas is being sold and nobody is walking anywhere. There have been protests and brief closures of a couple of gas stations. Deeper in Mexico things are a little worse. My husband flew to Mexico City on Wednesday and his brother couldn't come and pick up him from the airport because the highway was closed by protesters. He spent the night at a friend's house and then Thursday morning went on his way just fine. There are a lot of rumors floating around and 99% of them are untrue. Yes, people are mad about the gas price hike - as well they should be, but as I said, a lot is just rumor and people spreading hysteria.
I didn't say they were walking in RP. I'm just repeating what I was told.
Don't shoot the gringo messenger that was not there.

jerry

Well Known Member
Passenger Vehicles
Maximum Lanes: 8
Standard Lanes: At 6:00 pm MST, 90 min, 5 lane(s) open
Readylane: At 6:00 pm MST, 80 min, 1 lane(s) open
Sentri Lanes: At 6:00 pm MST, no delay, 1 lane(s) open
Nogal s 90 minutes both crossings.....not seen that in a long while

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Today in Penasco the lines at all the gas stations I saw were at least 50 cars long-fill up on gas before coming down. Don't plan to get it here!

Jim

Well Known Member
That's crazy. I filled up a small can today for the quads in the morning across from Reggies. No line. I just came back from having dinner. Drove by 2 Pemex stations. No lines. The only one that had any traffic and looked like it may be under protest was La Estrella on Benito Juarez. Several cars parked and a police vehicle with the lights flashing.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
They were the Pemex on the west side of BJ south of the RR tracks, Pemex on Fremont and Sinoloa and Pemex by Las Conchas and the lines were seen between 5:00 and at 8:00 tonight. Reminded me of the gas lines in US in 1974

jerry

Well Known Member
Friends of Penasco Facebook page reports Sonoyta border was blocked occasionally yesterday.....one person says gas stations will be closed in RP till Tuesday....anyone see this?

jerry

Well Known Member
A friend sent me this "I just got a message from Penasco. Today there is absolutely no gasoline in town. Apparently, the pipeline has been disrupted somewhere. No protests in Penasco yet"

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I've been looking at news reports from all over this past hour.

There are riots, looting, highway blocking, cops being targeted, etc., going on all over Mexico right now!

I think I'll stay on my side of the border and play in the local desert for a few days.

JJ

AZRob

Well Known Member
Its kind of hard to make ends meet for the locals with gas so darn high. Crazy, I would be protesting also If I was in the same boat. Just hope things get back to normal soon.

Anyone know why the price got jacked up?

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
I don't understand. The looters are cleaning out the department store and many cops, marines are just standing there letting them do it? Can't they at least say drop the stuff and get out? Mobs are a scary group to be around.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
On our way back to US and no gas in Sonoyta and we heard none in Caborca or Mexicali either. I don't know what a business does if they have to move perishable items or if there is a medical emergency

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
The potential for civil unrest,shortages and slow border crossing is real as EPN continues to screw the Mexican people...social media reports protests are happening on large scale in some parts of Mexico and local protests have already occurred in RP......gas up!View attachment 8281
I have always feared that the Mexican government would use their control of the petroleum industry as a hedge when the Peso falls. Pemex is one of the largest sources of income for the government and when a government needs money a simple price increase is a quick and easy way to raise additional income which is essentially raising taxes.