Todays Gas Price Rise....and us because it's all about us

Especially a mob with no fear of law "enforcement". Think Ferguson for a perfect example of that mentality. I think the Mexicans are picking up on "our" attitude towards it. I can guarantee that the first looter leaving a business with a bundle of crap in his hands that is given a lawful order to stop by a police officer then fails to do so and ends up with a bullet in his chest will terminate all of it. Especially when captured live of Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc. Same thing applies to our border. There isn't the slightest bit of fear to take into account when climbing the fence even with a dozen "border patrol" officers waiting with open arms on the other side.

Oh well, what else is new?

JJ

jerry

.25 cent gasoline in Venezuela has kept the public happy but reality is that now a chicken costs one months salary. People killing zoo animals and stray pets to live. Long live liberal spirits taking from producers to non producers in the name of equality. So happy to see US constitutional fathers saw that popular votes are too risky, too easy targets for fraud and creates despots and Dictators. Mexico had 80 years with one party, Venezualan elections mired in fraud. Decentralized elections are impossible to fix.
we will see

jerry

H. Caborca, Son.- The situation that is being experienced in the municipalities of the Northwest is not yet felt in the municipalities of Caborca and in the Altar River area, due to the lack of gasoline, however it is expected that if this situation continues, Affect in the next few days, said Carlos Abel Méndez.

In a director of the Municipal Civil Protection Unit, said via telephone that they are already pending supply at the 25 gas stations that exist in Caborca, given that it is a situation that in one way or another could affect the fuel dispensers that must Refueling in the city of Hermosillo, in which the PEMEX plant in several days has been affected by the blockades.

He added that in anticipation of this situation there is already an agreement with a local company to deal with if there is a lack of fuel to protect a margin that helps the emergency and preventive units, with a view to safeguard the safety of the citizens.

On the other hand, it is verified the situation that keeps in the gas stations of the continuous municipalities to this zone as they are Pitiquito and Altar, where until the moment they are offered in service of sale of fuel in normal form.

While in the San Luis Rio Colorado area it has already been confirmed this morning that there is no fuel at any gas station just for official units, while in Puerto Peñasco there is so far only one gas station open and with regard to Sonoyta, The motorists are crossing to the American side to fill their tanks, anticipating the breakdown in the gas stations that are in that population.

LEAVE A COMMENT

AZRob

If your going down, you better bring some extra gas with you if your going to be driving around in RP. I hope riots dont happen in RP. It would really tarnish RP.

It is illegal to bring gas into Mexico even during the best of times.
When I order a pickup I always try to get the largest tank possible just for this reason. I am installing a new cross the bed tool box that has a 40 gallon tank on the bottom of it--this should give me all the range I need.

ernesto

I have been bringing gas every trip for the last couple years when the price got outa hand down there. Only had a problem with one trip. Ain't skeered.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
When I order a pickup I always try to get the largest tank possible just for this reason. I am installing a new cross the bed tool box that has a 40 gallon tank on the bottom of it--this should give me all the range I need.
Just be aware -- if they tap it and think it's got gas, even if it's somewhat disguised as a toolbox, they WILL turn you around. Mi amigo Audi used to play that game with a 100 gallon bed tank. He got turned around and had to sell it before he could cross. These days (or at least he was, not sure what he'll do now), he crosses with the tank empty and fills up in Sonoyta because it's still cheaper than in Penasco. Or was. Whether or not it stays cheaper remains to be seen, I suppose.

The price jump is going to be a killer for the locals and a lot of the Mexican economy. Unfortunately, I don't think all the protesting in the world is going to change a damned thing. Leaving all politics out of it, Pemex has been a ticking time-bomb for years that finally went off. The govt. really has no choice but to unload as much of it as possible, even in the shambled condition most of its infrastructure is in. Foreign investment is about the only thing that can save it at this point and I don't foresee a lot of companies ready to jump in that oily pit at the moment. It could prove worthwhile because (overall) the Mexican economy is growing, as is their middle class. But, the immediate investment it would take to salvage what's left vs. the ROI? Sheesh, I have no good idea on that and probably a lot of other economists with waaaaay more smarts than me don't know, either. :shrug:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It's all planned out. No big surprises here. Deregulation...prices go up for a bit. Then competition sets in after all the big dogs figure out what the deal is...then the price to the consumer comes down for a while and everyone looks good to the consumer....then it starts all over again. It is a cycle and would not be possible in Mexico if there was not a growing and healthy middle class to pay for it. Don't fool your self, Mexico is not poor like you think, it can be price manipulated just like the good ole USA.

ernesto

I believe once the honeymoon period is over , we'll all pay more just like we do for the boutique fuel we all use in Maricopa county. Limited suppliers, money paid to legislators to keep it, huge profit for the connected.

From a friend in Miramar:
"I just got back to Miramar from town...barely...made it home on fumes, holding my breath. There is only one station in Rocky Point with gas & the line was at least a mile long. All other stations are closed. Adan (3:00guard) said there is no gas in Sonoyta either & they don't know when there will be. So, amigos, fill up at the border...and bring extra cans full (if they will let you through the border with them???). If anyone has an extra couple of gallons so I can get into town once they "