Totoaba bladder smuggling....

jerry

say WHAT?????????????
i heard a few months ago that the land that was cleared is in part going to be a Chinese owned fish processing facility. they are going to can crab for one thing and they will be scraping the bottom for everything they can get....just the way they work...

playaperro

El Pirata
i heard a few months ago that the land that was cleared is in part going to be a Chinese owned fish processing facility. they are going to can crab for one thing and they will be scraping the bottom for everything they can get....just the way they work...
Probably not good for the area, albeit in some ways reminiscent of the story of shargri-la, magnificent vistas and incredible fishing, better you me.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
This has been going on for a long time. It started when the railroads were being built along Yuma route as well as the San Luis -Mexicali route. The laborers were mostly Chinese (slaves for the most part) The Totoaba came from the deep waters down around Vallarta - Mazatlan to the shallow waters of the Northern sea of Cortes' They spawned in water shallow enough that the hunters could actually just go out and pick them up and toss or carry them to shore. Before refrigeration the meat was tossed and the swim bladder was sold to restaurants in Yuma and San Luis and Mexicali to make the swim bladder soup. After refrigeration was available (mid sixties I think) the meat was also taken and sold for a much lower price. This did not happen in small numbers it was a massacre.
The Totoaba has been on the endangered species list for a long time. A major function of CEDO here in Peñasco is to educate the fishermen of the area regarding endangered species and try to solve the problem. There has been some progress, according to CEDO they have seen all sizes of Totoaba in the life cycle lately indicating that babies are being born which is a good thing. But alas GREED has shown it's ugly head again and the raping of the Totoaba has begun anew. It is a sad commentary on the human race not just one race. Come with me to CEDO some day and we can discuss the whole story in detail.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
So, here's the plan... I'm going to start saving all my white sea bass bladders. Think anybody (other than federal agents conducting a DNA test) would really know the difference? I mean, can you see some Chinese guy somewhere in a restaurant saying "HEY!! This fish bladder soup tastes like white sea bass, not endangered species!!!"

Step 1 - Go catch white seabass, save bladder.
Step 2 - ????
Step 3 - PROFIT!!!!!!

:rofl:

Obviously, I joke. But honestly? Who would know the difference?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
In unrelated news, this happened yesterday in El Golfo. On a forum that I am a member they posted it and asked "how could this happen" "what are the doing?" and some post that the governor has a new plan to help save the Vaquita and the totoaba and this is the first step ha ha

ambulance in water.jpg

Hooch

Lol if it wasn't for whitey, Mexico would be the Africa of the Americas. You'd see 10x as many 1 armed dudes begging for money at the Lukeville crossing than just 1. Whites are Penasco's economy, if it wasn't for them that place would be just another barren shithole that cannot feed themselves unless it's from outside help.

Roberto

Lol if it wasn't for whitey, Mexico would be the Africa of the Americas. You'd see 10x as many 1 armed dudes begging for money at the Lukeville crossing than just 1. Whites are Penasco's economy, if it wasn't for them that place would be just another barren shithole that cannot feed themselves unless it's from outside help.
Very nice, thoughtful comment there Hoochie Coochie !!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Roberto I didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling from that comment that Hooch made. I am sure if he offered that comment to any of the towns people here he may leave with a different opinion. Hooch your comment is simply not true and it is offensive.

azfish

azfish Sez; You should just apologize for your slanderous remark about white people. Us whitey are more forgiving.

I did not speak a word about this.
I know you didn't speak it, you just wrote it. I will forgive you, just do me a favor. Next white person you see, give them a huge.:thumbsup:

Roberto

I know you didn't speak it, you just wrote it. I will forgive you, just do me a favor. Next white person you see, give them a huge.:thumbsup:
Slander refers only to the spoken word, according to the definition. Since I wrote it it cannot be slander. Try another adjective!

Funny thing is that I personally do not think there are any white people, yellow people, red people, brown people, just people people. My wisecrack was purely in response to the 'yellow' comment to see what it would elicit. As I expected, some took issue with the racial reference I made but not to the yellow comment. Both of course are totally unnecessary comments.

Kenny

Funny thing is that I personally do not think there are any white people
Well whoever they are Roberto, their going to be the minority in the good old USA soon... Hey that reminds me. I was in San Bernardino over the weekend and the Mexican food was not only plentiful, it was good!

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Well whoever they are Roberto, their going to be the minority in the good old USA soon... Hey that reminds me. I was in San Bernardino over the weekend and the Mexican food was not only plentiful, it was good!
They're going to be the majority in Pto. Penasco Kenny!

Kenny

They're going to be the majority in Pto. Penasco Kenny!
Ha! It's kind of like running into the fire :shock: , isn't it?
I was in Victorville Cali and Yuma this month too, and again the Mexican food and the Indian fry bread at Cocopah was great there too.