Trailer Parks

B

bahiatrader

My wife and I have been full time RVers for a number of years. I even kept another trailer at Rocky Point for a number of years. When I'd ask her if she wanted to move back into a house like other people, she'd say, "Are you crazy?" If you get tired of the scenery or your neighbors you just hook up and move. We have all the comforts of a home in our 5th Wheel. I did miss my garden though. This year i'm making a hanging gardon with melons, strawberries, peppers and such. Our 70 lb. dog is even growing up in the 5th wheel. He's adapted well. Maintenance costs are much less also. We get along with and visit with our neighbors often Our dog, Sam is the darling of the neighborhood. RVing is OK.

Bill, I could not have said it better. We have found that RV people are the most fun and interesting of any. I am somewhat of a social butterfly and love to meet new people. I am sometimes a bit apprehensive though to just walk up and introduce myself to complete strangers due to the fact of one particular time at PDO. That particular couple acted as though they did not want to make new friends. So now, I kind of watch people for a bit first and then decide if I should approach them. I have to remember that not all people are like us Bill. (I know it was no one on this forum).

InkaRoads

cronopiador
It is funny, that in almost 19 years coming to RP, I went once to Sandy Beach about 13 years ago and never went back, Mirador was and still is my favorite RP area and in a sense I am glad that no condo buildings are coming, as of now, and hopefully they will never materialize.
However as a business owner that caters to tourist I must say that the condos/resorts are very helpfull in keeping my shuttle service a float and with that I do , and always think that progress is inevitable, think that it is great they are in the other side of town from Mirador, leaving my slice of heaven nicer, although I do think that all the open spaces were former RV Parks were need to be reopen as RV Parks or no more than 1 story buildings to keep at least one area for the non condo lovers, I guess that will be my dream.
It is so much easier to make friends in a trailer park than it is in the condos set up IMHO!! :eek3:

B

bahiatrader

I think the condos suck. I liked Rocky Point far better before all the gringo money started coming in. The crime rate has risen exponentially.

BEACHGIRL

You mention the people not wanting to make new friends. That should not slow you down, it is their problem that they did not get to know you. They could have just had an argument with each other and were being grumpy. When I go to some of those I just walk off and think " Your Loss "
Don't lose a chance to meet great people

Bill, I do think like that...............argument or not, grumpy or not, your loss. But with this particular couple, it wasn't just an argument/grumpiness. We, for some reason, must have offended them in some way. We got the impression that they thought we were too pretentious, only because of the way we choose to "set up camp" (my words, not theirs but it was what was implied). Long story, they just weren't friendly. But you know what, I don't let people like that deter me.............to hell with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the happy campers:-D:thumbsup:

Bill,
Wanted to give you an update.......................trailer trash are truly wonderful people!! Case in point--a woman in the space next to us volunteered to walk our dog so we could go on the boat trip. We didn't know her from Adam and she didn't know us from Eve, but we instantly hit it off. Their whole group was so nice and so much fun to be around. (If anyone saw the little "homemade" fireworks show and heard a bunch of people yelling "STEEL WOOL" anytime over the long weekend on the beach in front of PDO, that was them..............it really was cool what they did with a little piece of steel wool!!) Leroy and them got along just fine.......they even took him down to the beach to sit with them for awhile. SUPER PEOPLE!!!!! Everyone we met this trip was friendly and neighborly..........it just doesn't get any better than that....................and Denise, hope you found (or find) this site. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart:D:cheers:

Roberto

Wahoo Sez "Why not first spend money to build a dump away from the beach side of the highway, (Inland from the train tracks) vs this stinky road ride one has to endure every time one rides into town or east of las Conchas"

FYI that dump has been gone for maybe 2 years now !!!!

Rosy, Nice article you just posted on him, while years ago your family was also sold the dream, do you see the irony? Thank you Dog for reminding all of us who this guy is, I see Rosy, Inka, Kenny all posting with opinions: Here you go. let have a refresher:
I don't need a refresher. Nor do I consider writing about the man's positive contributions ironic. I've explained this before, but here goes your "refresher":
I don't happen to believe that rumors about business practices should negate charity/social/civic contributions. Nor do they, for me personally, cancel out admirable traits or delightful and entertaining personalities.

Rodger and his wife are people I know personally and I can attest to their kindness and generosity. And they are fun. Knowing them has been a blessing. La Perla is Patrick's project...but let me say that I have no reason to bad-mouth Patrick either.

This is no different than when I made it a point to post here that Steve Schwab is deserving of respect for his contributions to charity as well as his impressive service to the U.S. military. By the way, I have no firsthand knowledge of Steve's business practices, but know and respect many who work with him. (also, he isn't fat and hasn't been for years, yet that's the first damn thing everyone throws at him). I find Steve less fun than Rodger, but that may be because he doesn't care much for me...totally his problem, I'm afraid.

For years I heard about how Rodger could not go back to the States for legal reasons. Well, as long as I've known him, he's travelled back and forth between both countries, seemingly without restriction. Last Thursday he had brain surgery and I, along with many others, prayed for his health and for a positive outcome. Thankfully, he is doing well and is on the mend and I hope to see him and Jeanette as soon as possible.

Anyway, let me say that my family members also hold no personal grudges and see what happened with La Perla as an unfortunate result of circumstances rather than a theft.

Theft is what happened to me...I did not invest for profit or or negotiate an exchange for assets. Nor did I buy anything. I loaned money to an employer/friend who turned right around and said "screw you, I'm not paying it back". I lost my entire life savings to a bad person who has done that to many others along the way and continues to do what he's always done. One of the hardest parts of this experience has been my coming to terms with my own gullibility. Also, I've had to look for the real lesson...and yes, benefit...behind all this. To say that's been tough would be one hell of an understatement. Nevertheless, that onus is on me.

While we're on the subject of guys with money who give to charity, let me say that I wouldn't jump in to defend Larry Large. This is different for me than the two mentioned above. I would not, in good conscience, support or attend a Larry Large event. I wish both Steve and Rodger nothing but the best and hope Larry gets...as we all should...what he deserves.

Rosy, that is very admirable of you.

I had never heard of Roger or Jeanette until someone brought up their name in an exchange here on RockyPTalk. I wish him and his wife well.
Looks like he has left his "seed", and maybe the name is one to be carefull of. I hear the name in other circles, but with "Realty".

I had never heard of Steve Schwabb for that matter until RPT thread. I have now made my opinion of him as he appeared here (RPT) and ask us for any questions and he would answer. I asked, what I thought important Q.s for Condo Buyer and it has been weeeks with out a response. I do not know him but he is one that already has sunk down into "what is good for him" kinda guy. No use for him or his kind. (Buyer beware of his services.) Yes he is not fat in the outside but he does look imense in the inside. (I do not judge a book by its cover)

Larry large, again another name that I had never heard of, I guess I do not really follow the "Farandula" and really do not care. I googled him an he does have a nice boat with lotsa girls on it. Very nice videos, and they thank "Larry Large" for the use of his big boat. Who really cares, he will get what he deserves at the end.

Rosy, keep up the strait line, because at the end of it that is all we have.
You are true to yourself and I do respect that.

....and I do respect you.
Thank you very much for your words. I eat this stuff up, you know...Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hi I started reading this thread and I want to throw out the question: Is there a place in PP for the lower middle class American? We just spent a week there and loved it. We stayed at a really nice place La Posada La Roca. It was rock bottom in price and we were totally comfortable. I am noticing from this thread that people who are on fixed income and maybe with not much resources are being aced out. Is that true?

I should have mentioned that we are going to try to find a house to rent annually in Puerto Penasco. If anyone knows of a good solid, house in a safe enough neighborhood to rent, let me know. We hope to move there from New Mexico with our sailboat, 81 year old mother in law, angelic dog Sammy, and my husband and I. I speak fluent Spanish and have lived and worked extensively on the border. We raised daughters that we adopted in Mexico that are Mexican and American citizens. I presently work with artisans on the border, helping them to make a living or a better living. Rosie, if you read this, I wrote to you previously and still hope to meet you. We just were down there for 7 days and really did love it. We went to many of the beaches, but so far Tuscon Beach in La Choya won out, because I couldn't believe that I could just swim and swim. My mother in law who is 81 on the last day floated joyfully.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Hi I started reading this thread and I want to throw out the question: Is there a place in PP for the lower middle class American? We just spent a week there and loved it. We stayed at a really nice place La Posada La Roca. It was rock bottom in price and we were totally comfortable. I am noticing from this thread that people who are on fixed income and maybe with not much resources are being aced out. Is that true?
No, it is a perennial argument between the pigeon coopers and trailer trasher, but we love each other and accept what we are, one way or the other, in my earlier years we used Posada la Roca all the time, Jorge and Eloisa always welcome us with wide arms open, and then we graduated to the condos in Mirador area and then did our masters in trailer trashing at Playa de Oro also in Mirador area as many of us here have done. You will find out that many of the people renting condos are also in a fix income and vacation once a year, many of us, big pockets but mainly empty ones, have our old trailers and visit as often as we can since it is cheaper therefore have more money to enjoy in town eating, buying curios or just enjoying the beach, which is mainly the major attraction anyway.
The beauty of PP is that it has everything and anything for anybody and everybody, including mexican food!!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Goodness, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Rodger and Jeanette. I met them about 5 years ago. Two of kindest people I know. I know there is bad press, but it has not been my experience with them, and that's what I go on. They do so much good for the Rocky Point community, it's almost ridiculous. Like Rosie, I wonder if they "had" to leave the States, why do they commute on a regular basis from there to Rocky Point with no problem? What I know about them is their contributions to the community, and they are many. Linda and I have a real understanding of what it is like to have the rumor mill running rampant, and it taint pretty. Look at the Clifton family's contributions to the community. Not something they "had" to do but something they wanted to do.
Jealousy, maybe?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Go to dirtsearch.org type in their names and Patricks and you will see they have or had some pretty big judgements against them and Patrick keeps racking them up in the states. couple million for Rodger

Go to dirtsearch.org type in their names and Patricks and you will see they have or had some pretty big judgements against them and Patrick keeps racking them up in the states. couple million for Rodger
I don't care to go there. I consider myself fortunate to know the good side of these people, and that is enough for me. The rest will be judged on some other level and by someone else. Please know that my attitude would be likewise about any friend. Call it a fatal flaw.