water shortage

jerry

Cannot answer the question but I would get with neighbors and hire the biggest truck you can find to service everyone at one visit. My experience has been that prices vary widely according to the individual truck and water availability in Penasco. There are day to day variations in cost.
what a frigging hassle this all is....

Cannot answer the question but I would get with neighbors and hire the biggest truck you can find to service everyone at one visit. My experience has been that prices vary widely according to the individual truck and water availability in Penasco. There are day to day variations in cost.
Don't forget to add the Gringo tax.

mondone

Whitecaps
Encanto has a gringo resident, Rhonda, who runs a water service with 2 trucks (Ranas del Mar H20), mostly servicing Encanto, Portales, LaJolla, and the others down to the estuary She's very dependable compared to a couple other Mexican trucks that come through there.

Landshark

Encanto has a gringo resident, Rhonda, who runs a water service with 2 trucks (Ranas del Mar H20), mostly servicing Encanto, Portales, LaJolla, and the others down to the estuary She's very dependable compared to a couple other Mexican trucks that come through there.

Plus 1 for Rhonda. She is a permanent resident of Encanto and takes the hassle out of water delivery. Like having a friend in the water business.

Water flow to the Cholla fill station was fairly slow since Sunday when I came down. Flow today at 10:30am wasn't much better, when I left today.
My water guy said it will take 5+ hours to fill his truck, there were 4 others waiting their turn.
A nice lazy hot, windy and humid day for the drivers to hangout and tell each other BS stories while waiting for more water.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Water flow to the Cholla fill station was fairly slow since Sunday when I came down. Flow today at 10:30am wasn't much better, when I left today.
My water guy said it will take 5+ hours to fill his truck, there were 4 others waiting their turn.
A nice lazy hot, windy and humid day for the drivers to hangout and tell each other BS stories while waiting for more water.
Sounds like a good life to me.

JimMcG

Can only one truck be filled at a time, only one valve?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
37 lanes no waiting.....to to fill trucks, it just takes time it is so upscale it is ridiculous. Actually people from Scottsdale are moving here to get their water delivered in such a a great way.....or....it's Cholla Bay and it is what it is and if you don't understand it or like it......:who cares?

Can only one truck be filled at a time, only one valve?
There's one 4" water line coming into Cholla and one valve to fill trucks. (drivers have to record their water usage to pay later)
If the water flow is good a truck can be filled in 30 minutes or so.
But lately it's pretty slow and when the resorts are full it takes hours to fill one truck.

Roberto

37 lanes no waiting.....to to fill trucks, it just takes time it is so upscale it is ridiculous. Actually people from Scottsdale are moving here to get their water delivered in such a a great way.....or....it's Cholla Bay and it is what it is and if you don't understand it or like it......:who cares?
Really no need to make rude and nonsensical comments to people asking reasonable questions out of curiosity. Everyone already knows you are a big supported that denies anything negative about Penasco.

JimMcG

Really no need to make rude and nonsensical comments to people asking reasonable questions out of curiosity. Everyone already knows you are a big supported that denies anything negative about Penasco.
Indeed, Sr Russ, 'el que se piensa como más Mexicano que los Mexicanos', is reaching a critical stage of denialism which is seriously eroding his credibility in all things Peñasco-esque. Que lastima!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Indeed, Sr Russ, 'el que se piensa como más Mexicano que los Mexicanos', is reaching a critical stage of denialism which is seriously eroding his credibility in all things Peñasco-esque. Que lastima!
Indeed...time will tell, que lastima......

I guess I tire of seeing negative comments from those that do not live here and even more so from those that do live here full time. It is what it is, I would rather see things from a positive point of view (punta de vista JimMcG fyi). Life is great here there is nothing to complain about.

Positive energy hurts people who like to see the negative in things or point out someone else's faults, it sort of elevates their perception of themselves, but only to them. I will always stay positive, you can count on that.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It will take more than positive thinking to remedy a demonstrated water shortage in Peñasco, plain and simple.
I am positive of that too.

Regardless of what the rich people say about how much water they have and can afford....people need to conserve and be aware of what they use. There is water here, it is underground and the fact that we have no water intensive factories it should be sufficient, the conveyance system is at fault for shortages. The town went through a growth boom and things may have not been done right in the haste of the day. We now have sustainable growth and things are being done to keep up with the needs. I am bullish on what the admin is doing here and see good things done and more coming.

JimMcG

Peñasco ultimately has no choice but to remedy the water and infrastructure issues if in fact it wants to be player in attracting sustainable tourism and investment. There is nothing wrong with positivity as long as it comes with being realistic as to what is required to attain those goals.

Roberto

Indeed...time will tell, que lastima......

I guess I tire of seeing negative comments from those that do not live here and even more so from those that do live here full time. It is what it is, I would rather see things from a positive point of view (punta de vista JimMcG fyi). Life is great here there is nothing to complain about.

Positive energy hurts people who like to see the negative in things or point out someone else's faults, it sort of elevates their perception of themselves, but only to them. I will always stay positive, you can count on that.
Russ I am positive about one thing, you are somewhat confused about what is a positive view and what is denial. From your view it appears that the world is perfect and no change is needed. I think that is denial. Denial is a way to refuse to recognize and take responsibility for problems in your life, in your family's life, in your community's life. All is fine so I can just relax. A rather selfish view that can create monumental problems in society and one's individual life. I believe that you had a monumental issue in your life in which I suspect your denial contributed to. Deny a problem and you do not have to do anything. Entonces your so called positive energy hurts, true. It is an impediment to positive change since your view is no change is necessary. Something perfect requires no change. The only thing that is perfect, unchangeable, is death itself.

I have an image of you watching neighbor's house burn while other throw water on the fire, with the comment ' well it is what it is'. You are just the guy for Emergency Preparedness.

You popping up about an innocuous question is a fine example and illustrates your wish is to stifle any thought about or what you call criticism or possible identification of a problem. Hey problems exist but apparently not in your mind. Take a little responsibility for positive change in the community you profess to love, identify a problem and work toward fixing it and not something like a messed up title that needs to be 'rectified' so you can perform urban renewal and some some money.