water shortage

ernesto

So water is available, you just gotta pay more for it. Just like our banks, oil companies, cable , insurance, hospitals etc etc in Los Estamos Jodidos.

jerry

So water is available, you just gotta pay more for it. Just like our banks, oil companies, cable , insurance, hospitals etc etc in Los Estamos Jodidos.
Ernie ...you and I can never share a drink because our glasses are always half full at best!

ernesto

2 halves equal 1 full, cheers! Anyone got a handle of the economics of the water trucks? Who do they pay to fill up and where, maybe Mayor Kookoo should be on this?

The Cholla Bay trucks fill up at the area across from the police station as you enter. There is a meter on the fill line, the drivers record start and finish meter reading
and pay every week or month. Money goes to the HOA, Who then pay the water bill to Ompas.

ernesto

And that system has been in place forever, right? I'm wondering who profits off a contrived shortage when those of us on city water have to buy truckloads? Hey Jerry! I sat on my rose colored glasses a while back, seeing clearer now. I'd ask to borrow yours but I'm sure you don't have a pair either.

On busy weekends especially warmer holiday weekends, much of the water supply goes to the resorts and to fill their tanks.
Gotta keep the tourists happy or they don't come back.

Cholla is supposed to be on a separate pump to ensure their supply but that doesn't work out every time,
but supply is better than when the Cholla line was 1st installed a few years ago.

Last in priority seems to be those on city water and the further away from the source the worse it gets.

When there isn't any supply of most things desperation and anger sets in.

Boy are we spoiled when everything works as it should.

JimMcG

As positive as most of us want to be regarding Peñasco, there is no way of denying that the water delivery capacity is insufficient for peak demand without some sector being denied water. If Peñasco wants to grow in any responsible manor it will have to look long term for a solution.

Roberto

Does anyone here know the full story, not rumor, about the Las Conchas desal plant? I have heard lots of confusing rumors over the years. I don't want to repeat the rumors.I know people who paid a community wide levee to build the plant and were eventually refunded part of the money. Lots of rumors why this occurred. There is a large structure on the north side of LC Blvd that the rumor is the site for the plant. I went by there and peered in, appears to have some piping and maybe tanks inside but nothing else.
Where is Karnak when you need an answer?

Last edited:

jerry

Perron can give you the rundown////plus what ever happened with the boosted house :
Actually it was the Hoa CEO's, acting as a contractor, ripping off the residents, never a dull moment with Francisco Hernandez taking property with the hoa's blessing.

Has anyone tried or looked into a Atmospheric water generators to capture water from the air. I have seen them solar powered and supply enough drinking water for the family.

Roberto

Thanks for the post Jim McG. Adds some to the info. A contractor, Grupo Agua de Mexico was the contractor. Assumedly it is true.

Not clear why, other than a bad taste in the mouth, pun intended, desal has not been on the front burner in Las Conchas. Especially given how things have been with supply recently and repetitively with no clear public plan for solution , another good pun,!! Seems like desal would ameliorate ( like that one Russ ?) the situation. I'm on a roll with words today !!!

Jerry, there were rumors to that effect but again where are the actual facts?

Side bar to the desal story is the old, from the 60s, I think, plant that was developed and built in the Mirador as a joint effort with Arizona (I think(. There is a real cool old video about this somewhere. Who can find it? They were actually producing and using the water produced, just a low supply so it was abandoned.

Roberto

Has anyone tried or looked into a Atmospheric water generators to capture water from the air. I have seen them solar powered and supply enough drinking water for the family.
Some tech info but no prices.
http://planetswater.co.uk/atmospheric-water-generators/
They are prolly simple dehumidifyers. No se how much electricity used. AC units of course remove lots of moisture that goes to waste. I catch the condensate from my roof unit as bycatch to water plants. Good for our 80% humidity.

Last edited:
Some tech info but no prices.
http://planetswater.co.uk/atmospheric-water-generators/
They are prolly simple dehumidifyers. No se how much electricity used. AC units of course remove lots of moisture that goes to waste. I catch the condensate from my roof unit as bycatch to water plants. Good for our 80% humidity.
Roberto,
I was looking at a Zero Mass solar powered unit, no power required. It actually filters and adds the minerals back into the water.