water shortage

Roberto

But how much will water be worth when its not available. The only thing keeping Cholla Bay from being a great bug out location is drinkable water source.
True but that system would only provide a drop in a bucket (pun intended) at a large and unaffordable cost although it would ameliorate the problem a bit..

playaperro

El Pirata
Does anyone here know the full story, not rumor, about the Las Conchas desal plant? I have heard lots of confusing rumors over the years. I don't want to repeat the rumors.I know people who paid a community wide levee to build the plant and were eventually refunded part of the money. Lots of rumors why this occurred. There is a large structure on the north side of LC Blvd that the rumor is the site for the plant. I went by there and peered in, appears to have some piping and maybe tanks inside but nothing else.
Where is Karnak when you need an answer?
That large structure you mention is a desalt plant for the condos on the north side of L C Blvd, they are not associated with the vecinos at Las Conchas.

Roberto

That large structure you mention is a desalt plant for the condos on the north side of L C Blvd, they are not associated with the vecinos at Las Conchas.
Ah ha. Do you know if it is complete and possibly functional?? Was it set up to service all three of the big condos? I did notice some huge pipes running along the north side of one of the condos.

Muchas gracias por el information amigo.

Last edited:
Here is where I've gotten all my drinking water and ice from for many years. Bag of ice is 10 pesos and to fill a 5 gallon bottle with great tasting water 8 pesos.
Corner of Constitution and Revolution a few blocks east of RR tracks at Cholla Mall (Rodeo drive).

ScreenShot_20170707135341.jpg

JimMcG

If that is across the street from Los Pinos hardware and attached to a pharmacy, I have been paying 6 pesos/5 gallons there for a long time.

playaperro

El Pirata
Ah ha. Do you know if it is complete and possibly functional?? Was it set up to service all three of the big condos? I did notice some huge pipes running along the north side of one of the condos.

Muchas gracias por el information amigo.
It's a mystery!

Roberto

There were predictions of water wars in S. America. Some countries were considering or may have already, privatizing the domestic supply. Argument for was private businesses could develop and provide a good supply of drinkable water. Again the problem of poverty sticks up its ugly head as the very poor would not be able to afford it. In private, profit motivated, hands the price will grow and grow. Needs control and support from the govt. and general taxes. For me it is similar to health care. Single Payer Now. How cannot one be disturbed by marking u low volume use drugs to astronomical prices and combining common, cheap, even over the counter drugs and marketing them under another name for huge profits. For example here you can buy a drug that combines paracetomol ( tylenol ) and Naproxina (Aleve) in one tab and sells for much more than purchasing the single tablets of each drug and taking the appropriate dosage. Big secret always read the label for pharmacological name and learn what they are and how they work. In this instance research shows that this combination is very effective for pain. Now what has this to do with water??? And not a single pun either.

If that is across the street from Los Pinos hardware and attached to a pharmacy, I have been paying 6 pesos/5 gallons there for a long time.
Yes that's the place, 6 peso's you're probably correct, I usually get a couple of 5 gal bottles filled (and washed in/ out) and 2 bags of ice and I give them 40 pesos for the product and tip for putting in my car.
A deal in my book.
In San Diego it's $1.50-2.50 for 1 bottle and I have to clean and haul the bottle.

Roberto

I actually worked on an insulin injection system with feedback in the early 60's. We weren't smart enough to get a patent and rake in the bucks. Working for NIMH the govt would have owned the patent.

ernesto

Did not provide much info about his revolutionary water purifying system other than it uses heat and water and a condenser to purify water?? Lots more about what he thinks of himself.
Look at the second link I posted, as I said, more to the point Sr.

Desalination is expensive but like all emerging and evolving trechnolgies the cost is coming down. Constant experimentation and innovation is the driving force for lower costs.

ron

Can anyone share what it costs for water delivery in Playa Encanto? Cost per liter, gallon, load etc. Also, what company do you use?

Roberto

Can anyone share what it costs for water delivery in Playa Encanto? Cost per liter, gallon, load etc. Also, what company do you use?
Cannot answer the question but I would get with neighbors and hire the biggest truck you can find to service everyone at one visit. My experience has been that prices vary widely according to the individual truck and water availability in Penasco. There are day to day variations in cost.