water shortage

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Well since you asked, you can choose to say whatever you want .... or nothing if you choose. You can also choose to not read other's posts if they are so upsetting to you because they don't conform to yours. As long as members are conforming to forum rules they can say whatever they want without worrying about whether a forum member agrees or not.
OK mom

jerry

Well Known Member
The Jimmy Buffet thing, the painter thing, the novelist thing, the painter thing, the golf thing, yeah that's pretty much it. Not hating everyday is a bonus. The rest of your list is for somebody else, maybe they live here or maybe somewhere else.
you need to hang out with the rest of the list...was more interesting
It sounds like Russ just really loves life, see's the glass as more than 1/2 full.
More people need to have that carefree attitude.
But being able to live in Mexico full time would be great, problems and all.
carefree?...the most passive aggressive booster of all time...if this was the Jaws movie he would be the first one to say the water is safe and the beaches are open! I still really enjoy and have learned a lot from his posts but if he didn't exist and I wanted to have a entertaining forum I'd create a fake booster like him...

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
STOP THE INSANITY!! There are people on this site who will say everything is wrong about Penasco/Mexico. There are people who say everything is perfect about Penasco. I'm closer to the latter, but I realize we have to conserve water. Yes, we have trucks we need to fill up our tank in Miramar, and we try to conserve- limited showers, buckets in sinks to collect water, etc. All of the southwest needs to conserve water and needs to find a solution. I like a pipe coming out of the Great Lakes (jk).

ernesto

Well Known Member
The biggest users would be the resorts, there are currently no cautions posted there to my knowledge. The renters and residents should know of the problem. Jim? What is the status on Sandy Beach?

ernesto

Well Known Member
We can conserve our asses off but if the biggest users are the resorts and the people there don't know about the problem it all goes down the drain. I have never heard of austerity measures being recommended there.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We can conserve our asses off but if the biggest users are the resorts and the people there don't know about the problem it all goes down the drain. I have never heard of austerity measures being recommended there.
Because it's not like that.

My comment about conserving is what we should all do. Regardless of shortages or not. There is not a shortage of water in Peñasco. On busy weekends we have distribution problems based on the demand. On a day to day basis I believe we are doing good. I have no problems with water except on busy weekends.

People that come to the resorts tend to believe that they can use as much as they way want or what they are used to up North. The sad fact is that it will run out. Yes water never actually leaves the planet but it does take some effort to re-distribute it. Some places have plenty and some not so much.........my point is 20 minute showers are not necessary unless you weigh like 400 pounds(and you need help cleansing) please shower accordingly .......use less water and live longer.......or use more and tell all of your friends that you can afford it so it must be right....."I'm the rich guy who can use as much as he wants" blah blah yuck!

ernesto

Well Known Member
I agree. The real problem lies with the resorts.They do not inform the guests that there is a water problem. There is no way they would know otherwise. I believe the vast majority would conserve if informed. I would.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
Conservation of resources is a win win situation because it saves money on the initial cost and requires less additional infrastructure. The amount of money and water saved by just changing to modern, water efficient, kitchen and bathroom faucets, toilets and shower heads is significant. I know because I have done it and observed the results.
The authorities have to also do their part though with regular, preventive, periodic maintenance of the existing infrastructure and delivery systems.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Ya know that all of this bitchin, moanin, expert advise, etc. oughta be compiled into a dossier of pissed off gringo factoids and sent to El Presidente de Mexico. I'm sure that he couldn't give a shit about your very few Gringos problemas. Got any input from the indigenous population? Are they blocking the highways with empty 55 gallons drums, empty 5 gallon cans or 1 gallon plastic jugs in the never ending protests about things that are socially unjust en Mehico? Give me a break, you and they willingly choose to live in a waterless freaking desert and expect to turn on your faucet with cool clear potable agua 24/7? That my friends is the luxury of living in a first world country which Puerto Penasco and all of Mexico most certainly AIN'T!

Back a few years ago I had the pleasure of being assigned to an ancient desert shit hole known as Al-Jubail on the Arabian Gulf. We were building a navy helicopter base from scratch, meaning nothing but a strip of desert coastline with monster dunes just above the high tide line. One of the first priorities was H2O, as the local well water was 100% salt water seeping inland for miles from the Gulf. So someone decided to build the then largest state of the art desalt plant ever. Energy to run it was no problem as they were burning off the natural gas from thousands of oil wells. Once built that plant made so much fresh water that it was a global wonderment. The planners figgured that the locals would take advantage of the free resource and plant vast groves of grapes, citrus, date palms and whatever. The did not count on the lifestyle of the local fat assed lazy A-rabs that sleep all night then take a four hour nap at noon and basically do nothing for a living. Why bother? Everyone is a millionaire there anyways.

So the output of that water plant was pumped into a canal system to nowhere filling up the million dollar overflowing concrete canals then dumping in all back into the gulf.

Ya know that now-a-days those desalt plants are run on solar power, so what de fuk chuck??? Heap big sea water y heap big sunshine in PP all-o-de-time.

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
Ya know that all of this bitchin, moanin, expert advise, etc. oughta be compiled into a dossier of pissed off gringo factoids and sent to El Presidente de Mexico. I'm sure that he couldn't give a shit about your very few Gringos problemas. Got any input from the indigenous population? Are they blocking the highways with empty 55 gallons drums, empty 5 gallon cans or 1 gallon plastic jugs in the never ending protests about things that are socially unjust en Mehico? Give me a break, you and they willingly choose to live in a waterless freaking desert and expect to turn on your faucet with cool clear potable agua 24/7? That my friends is the luxury of living in a first world country which Puerto Penasco and all of Mexico most certainly AIN'T!

Back a few years ago I had the pleasure of being assigned to an ancient desert shit hole known as Al-Jubail on the Arabian Gulf. We were building a navy helicopter base from scratch, meaning nothing but a strip of desert coastline with monster dunes just above the high tide line. One of the first priorities was H2O, as the local well water was 100% salt water seeping inland for miles from the Gulf. So someone decided to build the then largest state of the art desalt plant ever. Energy to run it was no problem as they were burning off the natural gas from thousands of oil wells. Once built that plant made so much fresh water that it was a global wonderment. The planners figgured that the locals would take advantage of the free resource and plant vast groves of grapes, citrus, date palms and whatever. The did not count on the lifestyle of the local fat assed lazy A-rabs that sleep all night then take a four hour nap at noon and basically do nothing for a living. Why bother? Everyone is a millionaire there anyways.

So the output of that water plant was pumped into a canal system to nowhere filling up the million dollar overflowing concrete canals then dumping in all back into the gulf.

Ya know that now-a-days those desalt plants are run on solar power, so what de fuk chuck??? Heap big sea water y heap big sunshine in PP all-o-de-time.

JJ
Who is going to pay for it? Maybe this shortage etc. is a good thing...growth is like cancer..to fast you die

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Most people on vacation paying $$ to stay at a resort usually don't care about conserving water, re-using towels, etc.

They are there to have a good time and splurge on everything. But the non resorter's have to deal with the fall out from this behavior.

Until the resort management can implement policies that will seriously conserve water while not losing a ton of visitors from this
nothing will change.
During the hot months I wish the water features at the resorts would be scaled back to help conserve.

A short term solution would be for RP to install a large water storage system (for everyone) to help cope with this ongoing problem until a solution can be put into place.