What are *your* top 5 fav restaurants, taco stands, grub joints in RP!

1. Max's for breakfast...the only place in town that has eggs benedict that I know of
2. BooBar for lunch....large shrimp cocktail (Mexican style)
3. MAry's for dinner.....seafood soup cooked in aluminum foil
4. Dinner alternate....Ramon's (the old place...haven't tried the new location)
5. Oyster farm....bring your own beer.....oysters on the half shell, and/or ceviche

If trying to impress someone....dinner at the Lighthouse or El Capitan....at sunset....and not for the food!!!

Last edited:

gringa

Sounds great, everyone! Looks like we have a nice list shaping up here (and lots of new places to try).

Regarding Ramon's, does any know if the new place is a reservations kind of a place or should we just show up?

Also, are they able to accomodate larger parties (like 10-12 people) and if so, do they need advance notice, or do ya just show up?

All of your help and suggestions are much appreciated! Y'all are the best and thanks for all of your time and help!

gringa

1. Max's for breakfast...the only place in town that has eggs benedict that I know of
2. BooBar for lunch....large shrimp cocktail (Mexican style)
3. MAry's for dinner.....seafood soup cooked in aluminum foil
4. Dinner alternate....Ramon's (the old place...haven't tried the new location)
5. Oyster farm....bring your own beer.....oysters on the half shell, and/or ceviche

If trying to impress someone....dinner at the Lighthouse or El Capitan....at sunset....and not for the food!!!
These are great, Joe! Thanks so much! Have always wondered abt Lighthouse or El Capitan, from a good perspective and now we know!

gringa

1. La Curva
2. Flavios
3. La Curva
4. Friendly Dolphin
5. La Curva
Thanks Botsy! We've been to Flavios and agree...it' usually our first stop, out of tradition!
Have Not tried the Friendly Solphin yet, nor La Curva, but we'll ck then out! Seems like La Curva has a fan in you :).

We feel that way about the Blue Marlin!

Thanks again!

AZ ROB

Hey Rob,
Do you and Michelle want to host the next forum potluck?
I wouldn't have a problem with that... all we need to do is plan a date..... maybe limit to 15 people... but a nice day by the pool and the beach then some good eats and drink

These are great, Joe! Thanks so much! Have always wondered abt Lighthouse or El Capitan, from a good perspective and now we know!
The food is not bad at either the Lighthouse or El Capitan....the last time I ate at the Lighthouse, it had a smaller menu....but the view at sunset makes up for any slight limitations!!! The parking is also limited up there......

BTW....for those Max's lovers.....he and his wife have the restaurant at the Sonoran Spa.....but not serving breakfasts yet. They had a 16 oz. prime rib dinner on Friday night (I think it was $9.95)....but didn't have a chance to check it out.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.....are they able to accomodate larger parties (like 10-12 people) and if so, do they need advance notice, or do ya just show up?
I've gone many times without calling with large groups and there was no problem but here is the number for Ramon's (638)388-53621 or cell (638)112-0350, if calling from USA dial 011-52 before the area code (638)
I've heard that the Lighthouse will be closed thru March, however I have not been able to verify, their fish filet in Mango sauce is delis!!!

Last edited:

AZ ROB

BTW....for those Max's lovers.....he and his wife have the restaurant at the Sonoran Spa.....but not serving breakfasts yet. They had a 16 oz. prime rib dinner on Friday night (I think it was $9.95)....but didn't have a chance to check it out.
The shrimp dishes at the Sonoran Grille are also very good....

gringa

The food is not bad at either the Lighthouse or El Capitan....the last time I ate at the Lighthouse, it had a smaller menu....but the view at sunset makes up for any slight limitations!!! The parking is also limited up there......
Good to know, Joe, thanks!