What I love about Rocky Point?

fasteddy

Heading down Fri morning. First visit to see Paty at Pro-Alliance then over to Lucas for chicken to go. Should be on the balcony enjoying Lunch and a cold one
by 2:00. the rest of the weekend will be.... Ah you know, not much of anything Perfect!
Ed

JimMcG

Just spent five great days in Penasco with a European vistor that I took down, beaches to ourselves, kayaked, barbequed, drank beer, sipped tequila, ate steak and shrimp, smoked cigars and had a great time. We drove past Bella Serena, disappointed only to see no trace of any past battles. A federal official laughed when I suggested that the recent military incident might slow things down a little, only to ask if I was aware of how much crime and swat team activity that took place daily in the US.

No offence intended to anyone who may proactively choose not to have a great time in Penasco.

mis2810

Just spent five great days in Penasco with a European vistor that I took down, beaches to ourselves, kayaked, barbequed, drank beer, sipped tequila, ate steak and shrimp, smoked cigars and had a great time. We drove past Bella Serena, disappointed only to see no trace of any past battles. A federal official laughed when I suggested that the recent military incident might slow things down a little, only to ask if I was aware of how much crime and swat team activity that took place daily in the US.

No offence intended to anyone who may proactively choose not to have a great time in Penasco.
I went down alone with 2 children last weekend - no sign of anything. Although the kids pointed out the spot where the dead bodies were at the circle in front of Las Palomas!

mis2810

I enjoyed the positive comments so much, I wrote a blog about it. Keeping up the positive momentum is awesome. No room for negativity and cry babies. We have so much to be grateful for.
Rocky Point has the best of both worlds, Mexico and so close to the U.S. Many years ago I was coming here almost every weekend, when I decided I wanted to live here full time. SO many good friends here, and I ditto the comments about the food, the beer, the dolphns and whales, the beach, the sund, getting a tan in January. HAHA it's 74 this afternoon.
I am perpetuating the good news. Thank you for all the positive comments. If this is in appropriate, please tell me and I will remove and post in another forum you suggest.
I didn't use names, just the comments: http://mexicanbeachbum.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/positive-comments-from-rocky-point-forum-rockypointtalk-com/
Mexican Beach Bum...Your blog was great! Thank you for posting it. You have my permission & Im sure that 99% of the people on this forum have no problem w/ you reposting their positive quotes especially w/ no names even mentioned. Don't worry about the 1%. You will never be able to please 100% of the people & the unfortunate 1% who have nothing better to do than complain, bash & argue....forget about them & keep on enjoying our amazing RP!

Yes Jim Isn't it great here right now. I live here full time & the weather has been amazing, the dolphins & whales are here, roads are being repaved, construction going on all over the area ( new restaurant being built next to the Sonran Sea / construction of the Home port, etc ). There has been quite a few tourists here especially around Christmas & New Years and this next weekend it will be packed w/ the concerts here in RP. Lovin RP!

JimMcG

I enjoyed the positive comments so much, I wrote a blog about it. Keeping up the positive momentum is awesome. No room for negativity and cry babies. We have so much to be grateful for.
Rocky Point has the best of both worlds, Mexico and so close to the U.S. Many years ago I was coming here almost every weekend, when I decided I wanted to live here full time. SO many good friends here, and I ditto the comments about the food, the beer, the dolphns and whales, the beach, the sund, getting a tan in January. HAHA it's 74 this afternoon.
I am perpetuating the good news. Thank you for all the positive comments. If this is in appropriate, please tell me and I will remove and post in another forum you suggest.
I didn't use names, just the comments: http://mexicanbeachbum.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/positive-comments-from-rocky-point-forum-rockypointtalk-com/
Feel free to use my comments, for what they are worth, anywhere you would like. Great blog!

Kenny

I guess it's really no different than when I grew up in NY/NJ and we'd go to Little Italy for dinner and my parents would always point out the restaurant Umberto's where the Italian mafia shot the place up and killed a bunch of people. Didn't stop us from going to Little Italy!
http://ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2009/02/07/the-gruesome-end-of-crazy-joe-gallo/
Ha, to me NY/NJ is more foreign to me than Mexico. Hell, it's more foreign to me than Australia..LOL
Edit, OK, maybe not parts of upstate NY.

Last edited:

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
MBB, of course you have my support and permission.

I have an addition! Tuesday I was paddleboarding off Las Conchas on an eerily calm and clear sea. So calm, I decided to test my nerve and go out much farther than usual. I could easily see sand dollars 30 feet down on the way out. Saw a little splish and a back without a dorsal fin and paddled on out to it. A single, frolicsome sea lion that played with me for 20 minutes. Popped up its head to look at me, swam under my board, and peekabooed me on the other side, over and over. Just she and I, a half mile offshore together.

Add that to things I love about RP and stuff I can't do back home in Moon Valley.

jerry

I have an addition! Tuesday I was paddleboarding off Las Conchas on an eerily calm and clear sea. So calm, I decided to test my nerve and go out much farther than usual. I could easily see sand dollars 30 feet down on the way out. Saw a little splish and a back without a dorsal fin and paddled on out to it. A single, frolicsome sea lion that played with me for 20 minutes. Popped up its head to look at me, swam under my board, and peekabooed me on the other side, over and over. Just she and I, a half mile offshore together.

Add that to things I love about RP and stuff I can't do back home in Moon Valley.
That is great!

Kenny

It's always nice to meet and make friends with the locals.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Positivity is what I was trying to generate on this post and "almost" everyone understood that ;) !
Perhaps someday we will also be full time residents, or at least own something that we can escape to. That is our dream!

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess

How freakin' awesome that must have been - super jealous :D!

JoseAz

Way cool sunrise across Las Conchas this morning...with a misty cloud cover, you could hardly tell where the eastern sky met the water. The fishing boats seemed to be floating in space