what is catching on the beach, let's hear it?

AZRob

Well Known Member
Anyone been out shore fishing? Where and what did you catch. Pic proves you caught it.
LOL with date on pic the year.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
We caught six Fringe-Toed Sand Lizards last Saturday in the dunes up at the base of the mountains east of the Mayan. Late afternoon just before sundown. We call it dry land fishing. They are really good marinated in teriyaki for an hour or so then skewered up the bung-hole thru la boca then slow cooked on the grill over Mezquite coals along with a half dozen big fresh oysters cooked in the shell. The heat was really bad as we knocked off ten liter bottles of water and a couple of TKT lites.

JJ

brokenwave

Well Known Member
At Pinto Point in Cholla, a buddy caught 5 Corvina in 30 minutes.
I'd post a pic but the site is still not allowing attachments.
Server Error again!!

AZRob

Well Known Member
At Pinto Point in Cholla, a buddy caught 5 Corvina in 30 minutes.
I'd post a pic but the site is still not allowing attachments.
Server Error again!!
I seen them jumping but couldn't bring one in. I waded out 5 feet deep.

mondone

Whitecaps
Caught over 20 Corvina and 1 halibut a few days ago in Morua. Only 2 corvina worth keeping though.

Old55

Well Known Member
Big Corvina at the spit North of Santo Tomas a week or so ago but I cant seem to post. I saw Woody couldnt get out in Lobos a few days ago and took clients shore fishing…big Corvina !

Perry Apfelbeck

Caught over 20 Corvina and 1 halibut a few days ago in Morua. Only 2 corvina worth keeping though.
We'll
Hey Mondone
Will be there the first week in December any interest in fishing together if your still around? We have a place in Los Conchas I do pretty good from the beach there. JJ we'd be all about a beach run if your going to be down there.

mondone

Whitecaps
We'll

Hey Mondone
Will be there the first week in December any interest in fishing together if your still around? We have a place in Los Conchas I do pretty good from the beach there. JJ we'd be all about a beach run if your going to be down there.
Heading back to AZ end of this week for Thanksgiving for a couple of weeks. I would have otherwise.

mondone

Whitecaps
Flatties starting to head into Morua. 4 nice fish yesterday on incoming afternoon tide. Too bad I can't upload photos anymore. Admin's, what up with that?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The Pelicans are doing a feeding frenzy on the small fry fish, the Corvina are hitting hard.
My local buddies are fishing on the rocks around my place at Pinto Pt. every morning and before sunset
for 30-45 minutes and bringing in 8-10 Corvina every time.

Perry Apfelbeck

Had one of my best days ever Thursday at Los Conchas. First cast at 7am and it was corvina after corvina caught 57 by 10:30am smallest was 15" and biggest was just under 24". There were 2 guys in a panga that parked a 100 yards up the beach from me at about 9am, was guessing they were dropping their nets. Good chance they were putting fish in the boat but sure as shit at 10:30 here they come pulled right up in front of me not more than 60' off shore and dropped their nets, whatever those things are called, they must be 200yds long and they do circles while dropping them. They scooped up God only knows how many corvina, totally ruined my very fun morning, guaranteed they saw me hooked up. Not that it's even relevant but it's that shit legal? Same thing happened to me at La Pinta about a year ago, fricken sucks. Fished the same spot this morning and caught 22 corvina, 2 big Triggers and a few bass. They didn't wipe it out but definatly put a dent in it. Another crazy thing that happened Thursday morning, had a corvina on and a bird, looked like a osprey but smaller, did a wild ass crazy dive and latched on to the corvina I had on with his claws, gave him a world class hook set as he was flying away but busted off. Also had a bunch of dolphins off and on not 50' off shore going nuts when I was catching corvina, don't know if they feed on them but they sure seemed to be.

AZRob

Well Known Member
Had one of my best days ever Thursday at Los Conchas. First cast at 7am and it was corvina after corvina caught 57 by 10:30am smallest was 15" and biggest was just under 24". There were 2 guys in a panga that parked a 100 yards up the beach from me at about 9am, was guessing they were dropping their nets. Good chance they were putting fish in the boat but sure as shit at 10:30 here they come pulled right up in front of me not more than 60' off shore and dropped their nets, whatever those things are called, they must be 200yds long and they do circles while dropping them. They scooped up God only knows how many corvina, totally ruined my very fun morning, guaranteed they saw me hooked up. Not that it's even relevant but it's that shit legal? Same thing happened to me at La Pinta about a year ago, fricken sucks. Fished the same spot this morning and caught 22 corvina, 2 big Triggers and a few bass. They didn't wipe it out but definatly put a dent in it. Another crazy thing that happened Thursday morning, had a corvina on and a bird, looked like a osprey but smaller, did a wild ass crazy dive and latched on to the corvina I had on with his claws, gave him a world class hook set as he was flying away but busted off. Also had a bunch of dolphins off and on not 50' off shore going nuts when I was catching corvina, don't know if they feed on them but they sure seemed to be.
Everyone had an eye on you.
Thats great feedback they must be schooling up.