What Kind Of Gas Do You Get?

Bob Oso

I usually bring fuel ( super unleaded ) with me for my toys when coming down. Last time I came they tagged me at the border, and ended up paying. Do you guys that live down there think the fuel purchased in town has the same octane level as fuel purchased state side? Should I be adding a boost suplement? When buying fuel in town, what is their term for super unleaded?

playaperro

El Pirata
Super unleaded is 91 octane in mexico, it name's is "rojo" run it on my harley has a cam and some hi performace parts runs good just bought some it was 91 pesos por litro. all gas stations have the same price when they can beat you is the exchange rate. It should be 12 pesos per dollar so you have to look above the gas pumps to see what the exchange rate is.

Regulas gas is called "verde" or nova it is 87 octane that one you might need an additive but I have not heard any ping with it lately.

playaperro

El Pirata
4 litros per gallon
1 litro is 91 pesos so x4 would be guestament 360. so 1 gallon is 360 pesos divided by 12 would be 330 for premium.
How did you come up with $8.00
1 gallon of premium gas is about $3.30

Bob Oso

Thanks for explaining it to me. How did I come up with $8.00, stupidly...

12 pesos per dollar-
91 pesos per liter-
91 divided by 12 = +/- 8

You may now laugh at me......

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I used the "verde" in my van all the time and have not had a single pinging since I started using it, almost a year ago!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I put green, (magna sin) in my Jeep with no issues of any kind. It runs exactly the same and gets the same bad gas mileage as it does with American gas! LOL! Mexico has improved the octane a lot in their gas. I remember in the 70's, the exhaust smelled bad on cars that used nova.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Oye pescadito where can you get 13 to 1 in penasco just left the Las Conchas pemex exchange rate is 11.5 to 1 stay away from that one. Hey did you know gas is cheaper in penasco that other
places. It was a guestament, just an explanation of how to break it down. 1 question for you why is gas cheaper in penasco than the price you quoted.

Playa...you left out the decimal point.....9.1 peso/liter????????......

I run premium in one of my jetskis (supercharged), and I've never had a problem rnning the premium down here

playaperro

El Pirata
What do you mean enough...when do you make the rules...I telling you when you go buy gas in dollars they convert to pesos. why is gas cheaper in penasco than say sonoyta? For the 4th time

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Mira for the 5th time why is gas cheaper in penasco than sonoya sonora mexico. Why do you keep bring up USA? Thats why we come to mexico we are "libre" Here.

I usually get pesos at the bank or change place....then buy the fuel (diesel). Lately, the Pemex stations have been giving the exchange rate that you can get at the commercial exchange palces....which is usually lower than at the bank. It USED to be that the Pemex gave you a really low exchange.....

playaperro

El Pirata
Ok someone help me here. If i went to the pemex on reserve, I could not give a wahoo about price since a fill up is only 16 litros...I paid 9.1 pesos a litro and I paid with dollars at the exchange
rate of 11.5 pesos per dollar. How much did I pay per gallon and remember 1 gallon is a little more than 4 litros.

Kenny

I try to buy $20 dollars at a time while I'm there. Even this dummy can glance at the peso's, and get a good idea if their playing games. For you that can't multiply by 2, try $10 at a time.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
HEY! Fight about the price of gas all you want, but don't be messin' with La Curva!! :cluck:

S

Submarine

Thanks Wahoo for the info.
I pondered the problem and proceded to pugnaciously and purposely pick to pass up pump jocky perks on prospective petroleum purchases.

playaperro

El Pirata
Hey wahoo twisting some lemons to make cevechi, In mexico a gallon is a little less than 4 litros, go by a pound of shrimp see if they don't short you. Well I'll agree with you I did pay $3..00 a
gallon that day. I was just doing a guestament with my post, like jeepers says always cover your a s s. Hey for the 6th time why is gas cheaper in Penasco than the rest of Sonora. You won't find it on any search engine. Kind of funny how you try to make something up.

Last edited: