What to believe here?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Mike and I are quite new here from PV, where we lived for 12 years. We started out in Co. and want to be closer to family. We belonged to a couple nice blogs there, but everyone posting there was actually living in PV. Here we see many folks who give advice about Puerto Penasco actually live somewhere else, and are not really spending any time in Mexico except weekend visits. The reason I ask is we had this same clinger/groupie problem in PV until the blog managers asked the members to state if they actually lived in the community or were just armchair experts. When they set up some rules the quality and validity of advice from the "experts" improved a lot. This blog in Penasco has many folks from various towns in USA, including some who give a lot of expert sounding advice about Rocky Point but live in unknown places like Tempe, Prescot, Goodyear, etc. Mike and I know these wannabe's Mexicans are not credible about much about Mexico, but how do inexperienced folks, asking for advice about living in Mexico and Penasco, know to ignore their silly advice and opinions? Seems some of the dreamer experts are heavy users of the blog. Can the website manager set up something so honest people can identify if the advice and info is coming from a real resident?

I resent this! What a ~~~~CULERO~~~~!

Kenny

What about the Americans maybe even expatriates:D:p, who are slaves to, worship, and put above all else the all mighty dollar or their own self interests? As despicable as they are, can we keep them or do they go too?

jerry

I would just like to point out that the forum does have people who live and do business in Penasco, who when posting any positive information are often roundly attacked as boosters and false promoters by non residents, to the point of frustration, probably wondering why they even bother participating.
Jim many of these locals and some not with us anymore tried to shut down any dissent on the forum during the housing bubble(hell one of them bought the old forum and destroyed it..accidentally) many of the local American real estate sleaze balls profited on condo sales when they knew it was a house of crooked cards.Remember.."now is a good time to buy"?...it wasn't
Yep and just pointing out that helicopter gunship attacks on Condo land,smokestacks billowing exhaust up and down the beach,a giant brown water slick from toilets being flushed as they head out from Cholla are real issues.So don't get your Dockers and. polo shirt all wrinkled up over a little dose of reality .

Jerry: at one point in my life I must have been living clean and right because I actually was given a warning by the officer running the speed trap on the outskirts of Sonoita. There is a first time for everything!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Mike and I are quite new here from PV, where we lived for 12 years. We started out in Co. and want to be closer to family. We belonged to a couple nice blogs there, but everyone posting there was actually living in PV. Here we see many folks who give advice about Puerto Penasco actually live somewhere else, and are not really spending any time in Mexico except weekend visits. The reason I ask is we had this same clinger/groupie problem in PV until the blog managers asked the members to state if they actually lived in the community or were just armchair experts. When they set up some rules the quality and validity of advice from the "experts" improved a lot. This blog in Penasco has many folks from various towns in USA, including some who give a lot of expert sounding advice about Rocky Point but live in unknown places like Tempe, Prescot, Goodyear, etc. Mike and I know these wannabe's Mexicans are not credible about much about Mexico, but how do inexperienced folks, asking for advice about living in Mexico and Penasco, know to ignore their silly advice and opinions? Seems some of the dreamer experts are heavy users of the blog. Can the website manager set up something so honest people can identify if the advice and info is coming from a real resident?
Nope, the website manager cannot. Have a nice day!

This website serves Puerto Pensaco, period. Local, visitor or dreamer. Considering the huge membership fee you had to pay to join our little dysfunctional family, keep in mind that you get what you pay for. You won't find a better, more up-to-date, unbiased source of information (good OR bad) anywhere else on the web.

Thanks for playing, though!
The Management

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Nope, the website manager cannot. Have a nice day!

This website serves Puerto Pensaco, period. Local, visitor or dreamer. Considering the huge membership fee you had to pay to join our little dysfunctional family, keep in mind that you get what you pay for. You won't find a better, more up-to-date, unbiased source of information (good OR bad) anywhere else on the web.

Thanks for playing, though!
The Management

X2

Roberto

JWT
You gotta realize that there is a huge difference between PV and PP. PP is heavily impacted by the adjacency to the border, has really only a handful of permanet ex-pats and frankly a fair number are here hiding out from some legal issue in the US. I personally know 4 here to avoid child support payments, two here to avoid bill collectors and at least one to avoid jail for DUI. I have lived here 8 years and have been threaten with assault 3 times and assaulted twice. All but one incident was with ex-pat US folk. The one Mexican was a drunk street guy I should have ignored but did not.

The biggest attraction for PP is a beach close to the big population centers. 4 hours and you are on the beach. Take a half day vacation, load the family in the truck and you got a nice weekend at the beach. Retirees like the fact that US medical care is close and so do retired vets who use the VA.

The other thing to keep in mind is as my Mexican friends who have lived elsewhere in Mex tell me, PP is NOT like Mexico.

Issues and interests of the occasional but regular visitors differ from permanent residents for sure but are no less important. Relax and enjoy it here.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
[quote="JWT, post: ......... how do inexperienced folks, asking for advice about living in Mexico and Penasco, know to ignore their silly advice and opinions? Seems some of the dreamer experts are heavy users of the blog. Can the website manager set up something so honest people can identify if the advice and info is coming from a real resident?[/quote]
If you know how to read and comprehend english, which is the language used in this forum, you can immediately see who is a pro or against or who is shooting the shit and if the thread is good the same shiter will give you the best advice you can find and then pull your leg all the way to PV!! it is your adult responsibility to pick and choose the information you need and ignore or discard what you do not, high school is over, there are no headmasters to go cry too so please leave the forum manager alone and go finish your wheaties!!

I gotta think this is a Happy trolling post. In the event it's not, PLEASE head back to PV and leave the rest of this board's wonderful, diverse, non-elitists in peace!