whats the top shore bait

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Maybe it's the time of year?

Does anyone have an opinion about spring shore fishing, like maybe April, especially for Corvina?
To my understanding the spring time is fantastic for Corvina and other surface fish like Sierra Mackerel and Pompano. March April and May are pry 3 of the best months for those species. I plan on doing a lot of fishing this spring!!

my go to shore fishing rigs are as follows. depending on how i want to fish...

bottom fishing - 1 or 2oz pyramid sinker at the bottom (depending on how the water looks) and a size 2 baithook about 16 inches above the weight to get the bait higher up in the water column. Hook tipped with squid or shrimp until i catch a tiny rock bass then i cut that up and use. (catches just about everything except a flounder ive learned)

cast and retrieve action fishing - 1-2oz chrome kastmasters, or i get these "dragonfly lure" brand lures from Phoenix Fishing in a silver/blue or silve/green color at 1oz and they work very well catching just about anything from shore or kayak (except a flounder)

messing around fishing - usually consists of a white 1oz bucktail jig that i bounce around or quick retrieve just to see what i can catch on it (have only caught rock bass on it)

still yet to catch the elusive flounder. going to spend most of my time during my feb trip trying a smaller chartreuse jig tipped with bait and bounced/dragged very slowly.....

have used similar bottom rig at night and yielded what looked to be some bonefish or the likes and a guitarfish...

I've caught a flounder on a crankbait. I'd think that bucktail jig would be a winner for flounder, maybe tipped with squid

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
A bass style Texas rig with a scampi tail tipped is the best bay but after that I go with the drop shot which is #ftw worked extremely slow. A drop shot rig is a finesse rig so you have to work it slow and pay attention. CKY when are you going down in February?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
March might be your best bet for the shore slam, February might be close to impossible. Any input from the experienced anglers? I dont even know if its possible to catch a corvina from shore in February...

I have to catch a flounder first! Bonefish during the day seems hard too so that slam is nowhere close to being completed anytime in the near future.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
March might be your best bet for the shore slam, February might be close to impossible. Any input from the experienced anglers? I dont even know if its possible to catch a corvina from shore in February...

Boy, if the weather this year keeps up the way it did in January, then it might be warm enough by the end of Feb to maybe find a Corvina or two.

ParrotHead was telling me he saw a big feeding frenzy just off of Encanto beach last week, so something is roaming around out there.