Who is This ??

Roberto

Join me on Rocky Point
Rocky Point / Puerto Peñasco
Come join me on Rocky Point!

- Rocky Point
About Rocky Point
Events, News & Promos for Rocky Point (Puerto Peñasco)
Blogs
Discussions
Photos
Videos
a.xg_button:hover { text-decoration:underline!important;}
To control which emails you receive on Rocky Point, click here

Got this message and responded out of curiosity, Not much going on there , yet, but the description of the location of Puerto Penasco is that it is 'on the tiny strip of land that connects the Baja to the mainland"?? So whoever wrote that does not know where the subject of the web site is located ??!!??!

Anybody have any idea who owns this ??

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
No idea. My name/email addy is on nearly every internet site, blog, and forum out there that has to do with Mexico and Fishing. I occasionally get invites to stuff like you posted. There used to be a couple of photo groups for Penasco. I can barely keep up with this forum, let alone everybody else's site, although I do go cruisin' the 'net just to see what's there from time-to-time. It's quite possible that site was created by someone who doesn't even know this forum exists.

I signed up, and immediately I'm getting spam!!
That's not good... what are the spam messages you are getting??? the person that owns this site is more into promoting RP... not spamming... could be the site has been hacked... FaceBook does have it's quirks and problems with that...

Roberto

That's not good... what are the spam messages you are getting??? the person that owns this site is more into promoting RP... not spamming... could be the site has been hacked... FaceBook does have it's quirks and problems with that...
Hopefully it was a fluke. It that a Facebook site? I've been very successful in avoiding all that so far. I wanted to get on Twitter but then I'd be a twit, right ? I get very little spam but got 3 right after I signed up. I think some sites sell e-mail addresses to spammers, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Hopefully it was a fluke. It that a Facebook site? I've been very successful in avoiding all that so far. I wanted to get on Twitter but then I'd be a twit, right ? I get very little spam but got 3 right after I signed up. I think some sites sell e-mail addresses to spammers, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
If they are coming from that site you should be able to set how often and what type of emails you would accept... there should be an Opt Out link some where you would think...