Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

ADR

"it sounds to me like they were shooting at guys running away in vehicles" - that makes sense given what we saw.

But the firing was without any doubt from north to south, in what appeared to be near the Hut. The tracers were coming down at about a 30 degree angle, then there was flak flying around from whatever they were shooting at.

But there is no question that the ricocheting bullets, based on the tracers, were travelling from north to south at about a 30 degree angle up, then disappeared to the west of the Spa.

This is what we saw, but we will likely never hear the whole story. Bottom line is that this operation was conducted without little concern for the local residents, tourists or staff - no matter the reassurances that no one was in danger - it was too close for comfort.

I tried to upload some pics I took, but continue to get error messages. One of them from 11:00 am shows two marine trucks with machine gun mounts in the rear patrolling the lot of the Spa - clearly they still though someone was on the loose.
It would be nice to see those pics, if you can get them uploaded. And agreed, you won't ever hear the full story. However, no locals or turists got injured, with thousands of bullets flying in all directions. I cant agree with your statement
little concern for the local residents, tourists or staff -".

In defense of the security guards, they aren't trained or equipped to deal with a situation like what happened. I'm sure they were afraid for their lives as well. They have families at home also, and I'm sure all they were thinking about was not losing their lives either.
I agree and if I were one of those security guards, I would have took off fleeing too like they did as they had no means to defend themselves against semi-automatic weapons. They absolutely did the right thing and should be commended for the risk they take every day, as anyone can drive right up to their gates and do them harm.

I am reading rumors/reports about Macho Pieto was killed, but now there are reports that his body is missing. Can anyone confirm this, or point to a credible article on this?

Anyone know the story behind the water truck?
I spoke with my buddy in Cholla who should know, and water trucks owner hasn't spilled the beans yet.
The other water truck drivers have heard nothing either, just rumors, I won't get into that.
I was surprised that in 1 photo it the water truck was ok and the next one it was on fire.

I spoke with my buddy in Cholla who should know, and water trucks owner hasn't spilled the beans yet.
The other water truck drivers have heard nothing either, just rumors, I won't get into that.
I was surprised that in 1 photo it the water truck was ok and the next one it was on fire.
Ray got some free advertising.

Pinky

Let's not go overboard on congrats for the security guards who acted as lookouts for the narcos for the last year. Several at Bella Sirena were taken away by the federal police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jellyfish

Raf
Raphael's water truck was stolen and driven into the desert and is now in pretty bad shape. Not known if it is related to the other events.

geezer

okay, my thinking is that the guy whose body was stolen is actually still alive and somewhere in Penasco which means there is danger of another firefight....am i correct in thinking this? I don't want my grandkids coming down if this is the case. I'm not trying to say "Yay Rocky Point" when obviously we're in the middle of a war...I don't care how much money people have invested here, if it's foolish, I don't want to bring young children into this situation...what's your opinion guys?

geezer

would you bring your grandkids down here....? I'm saying we shouldn't and my wife is saying we should. I don't think our children are following the news, so they don't know this happened, and we haven't told them. We should inform them, right ? The plane tickets to Phoenix have already been purchased, but what could be a worse circumstance than this?

az-dan

would you bring your grandkids down here....? I'm saying we shouldn't and my wife is saying we should. I don't think our children are following the news, so they don't know this happened, and we haven't told them. We should inform them, right ? The plane tickets to Phoenix have already been purchased, but what could be a worse circumstance than this?
Yes I would, in fact my kids and grandkids will be there for a week right after Christmas. I will be more aware of my surroundings and what is going on around us but we will all be there at the Sonoran Sea Resort.

El Gato

I agree and if I were one of those security guards, I would have took off fleeing too like they did as they had no means to defend themselves against semi-automatic weapons. They absolutely did the right thing and should be commended for the risk they take every day, as anyone can drive right up to their gates and do them harm.
The guards do not carry guns. Their job is basically to monitor who comes in and out, they make sure that residents follow the HOA R&Rs, etc. - and I'm sure that the Federal authorities in this operation immediately attempted to get them into a safe, secure (or as much as possible considering the circumstances) location. I am quite sure that they would not have been allowed to roam around, knocking on doors to check on people - that is just using common sense. And in using common sense, they were probably told to stay out of sight and keep their heads down by the authorities.

As far as I am aware, they handled themselves in a professional manner and should be commended.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Do your grandkids still go to the movies, or the mall, or school, etc., etc., etc?
Don't lie to them and do not hide the facts, but is it truly "safe" anywhere?