Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

What is very very important to note is that the information about this mess that is available is scketchy and incomplete and never will be complete. The statement that it all began at Sonoyta is way way off base and Mr. Prieto has been around for many years and does not have the reputation of being the chief assassin of Sinaloa. With the newsies trolling around here it may end up reported as fact since there is little concern for accurace from that quarter.
Roberto, what information have you heard this did not originate in Sonoyta? And everywhere I read on the internet, including some journal based reports on cartel violence does state that El Macho being a high ranking cartel member- Just trying to sort out all the facts from fiction.

mis2810

not sensibility just common sense. I would not consider leaving bodies and evidence on the ground with no tape around as smart in any country. It is shocking that bodies are just left there with no one putting even a cone around them or a hello kitty blanket over them.
Maybe it was still happening and they didn't even have a chance to close the road down yet.

nick

I was there yesterday and had a really bad feeling the whole area was very tense there was also allot of very nice cars rolling around I even saw a brand new Rolls Royce by the fish market. My place is at Las Palomas. The weird thing is that I left at noon yesterday and on my way to Sonoyta and the boarder there was a convoy of police, military and federal agents headed to Rocky Point and they where going very fast and there was allot of them. I wonder why it took so long to go and get these guys.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It's today's story and if you read the comments, someone is claiming that as of 355pm today there were still shots being fired. Not sure from where but that's what the poster says.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Roberto, what information have you heard this did not originate in Sonoyta? And everywhere I read on the internet, including some journal based reports on cartel violence does state that El Macho being a high ranking cartel member- Just trying to sort out all the facts from fiction.
Hi AZ2010...maybe I can help with this confusion. Here is a report from earlier in the day, during all the carrying on that was posted.

Three people were killed in a shootout involving government officials this morning near Rocky Point's Sandy Beach area in Rocky Point, the Sonora newspaper El Imparcial is reporting.Sonora state police say the incident started after a chase of a man driving a white Chevrolet pick up truck with California license plates Tuesday night in Sonoyta, the border town near the border crossing at Lukeville.The police caught up to the vehicle on the Puerto Peñasco – Sonoyta highway at kilometer 85 when the passengers started shooting at the police, the newspaper reported, leading to a chase all the way to Miramar, in the popular tourist area of Sandy Beach.
Two of the people killed were identified as Pablo Gómez Dominguez, 25, from Ahome, Sinaloa and Julio César Martínez Aguilar, 29, from Chihuahua, Chihuahua. The third person has not been identified.
Police found two assault weapons, a bullet proof vest and a radio, El Imparcial reported.An American man who lives in the Esmeralda Resort complex on Sandy Beach told the Star today that he was awakened at about 4:30 or 5 a.m. by the sound of gunfire. It intensified and moved toward him, the man said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he is scared for his family's security.
"I’m hearing gun fire and helicopters in the distance. It got closer and closer and closer. I looked back at the condos (further up Sandy Beach) from my front door. I look down the beach and see a helicopter firing into the resort area by Bella Sirena," he said.
The gunfire went on for hours, and the man says he saw the helicopter firing what looked like tracers at the Bella Sirena resort.
The information in bold type was about an incident that occurred on November 21st. I left the day before and saw the write up after it happened. It was reported on here..

The second half of that account relates to today's activities. Now, if I am wrong would someone please show me how, but I think I'm right. I hope...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I was there yesterday and had a really bad feeling the whole area was very tense there was also allot of very nice cars rolling around I even saw a brand new Rolls Royce by the fish market. My place is at Las Palomas. The weird thing is that I left at noon yesterday and on my way to Sonoyta and the boarder there was a convoy of police, military and federal agents headed to Rocky Point and they where going very fast and there was allot of them. I wonder why it took so long to go and get these guys.

A Rolls in RP????!!!!! If and when I ever see a Rolls Royce in RP I'm going to immediately check out and go home. Either the cartel is in town or the President, either way I pry dont want to be there also.

nick

A Rolls in RP????!!!!! If and when I ever see a Rolls Royce in RP I'm going to immediately check out and go home. Either the cartel is in town or the President, either way I pry dont want to be there also.
That was my thought when I saw it...

Thanks Jack! If that is indeed correct, this is absolutely insane because the major media organizations are reporting the Sonoyta incident as if it happened today. I am back here in Arizona watching and reading the exact same story.

Roberto

Roberto, what information have you heard this did not originate in Sonoyta? El Macho being a high ranking cartel member- Just trying to sort out all the facts from fiction.
I also have no information that the chase did not originate on the Moon but that does not mean it might have!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes Prieto has been in the news and his name spoken here but there was a lot of icing on that cake there if you read it. Leading assassin ?? In point of fact, few outside of the organization understand the structure. I can assure you it is not a verticle organization with clear lines of authority and responsibility. The sneaky little newsies, like Marizco, are therefor free to fart in public about their 'inside' information and to create fantasies rather than fact. That gets them interviewed by ANOTHER NEWSIE moving them up on the newsrooms ranking and maybe a better job, Zowie !! The blind leading the blind, etc. etc. The US news has also prepped the general public that it is important to hear stuff quickly but accuracy is unimportant hence the frezied scramble for snibbits to create a story out of seconds after it ocurred. A lot went on here today and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you won't hear about all of it, no one will, but yes it was bad.

You do need to be seriously aware that things have heated up here in Penasco, there have been some serous shootings and you need to take care and be cautious till it settles down again. I suppose viewing the bodies in the street might impress that message on but should not be necessary.