Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

New Times?? LOL I've read a few of their articles. I would call them a shock and awe paper spewing non facts for readership.

Ive resided in Penasco for a long time and I would say I feel as safe or safer here now than I ever have. The Cartel doesnt harm tourists. It looks like the Government did not want them residing in the tourist area and I for one am glad the Government is protecting the tourist areas. There is plenty of other remote areas for the cartel to safely reside & oversee their business.

playaperro

El Pirata
<Removed by user request> - Stuart
Why are we getting the silent treatment from the Local authorities?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ron

playaperro

El Pirata
your statement is very loaded especially with the rumor of who was no longer on the scene. Have your 'clients' spoken to any of the authorities? this is a pretty serious statement.
Duh, I don't think Pinky or her clients want to end up Martyr's.

Last edited:
With all due respect, did you witness this? My wife and I did, as I had gone out our backdoor to see what all the helicopter noise was - it was hovering somewhere around the Cholla Bay Rd but we couldn't see it as no lights were on.

However when the gatling gun revved up, then started firing it was most definitely in the direction of the Sonoran Spa. The sound of bullets hitting metal and ricocheting all over was not something we would have made up. They were using 'tracers' and there is no doubt that they were firing towards the condos - maybe a bit further down the road - but towards the condos nonetheless. They were obviously closer to us than the Bella Sirena.

This gatling gun firing continued for a couple of hours on and off, and when dawn arrived we could see the choppers. Automatic weapon fire continued on and off for another 2 hrs with sporadic small arms fire as well.

We eventually found a notice online from the US Consulate warning us to stay inside until we got the all-clear (which never came). Then I found this forum.

You can spin this anyway you would like, but the bottom line was we were in fear of our lives, and didn't have a clue what was happening. We sat on the floor of our bathroom for awhile, every time I cam out to see what was going on, firing sent me back. My wife was hysterical and I couldn't calm her down - she was convinced they were shooting at us.

The security guards were scrambling for cover as well (don't blame them as they are unarmed) but at no point in time did anyone check on us or our well-being. We later saw an elderly lady wandering around the Spa lot looking like she had 'lost' it but we didn't want to leave the condo to help her.

You can say "great job, they got the bad guys" but unless you experienced the sheer terror of having a military grade weapon firing so close to you you will never understand. It was surely as intense as any military operation in a theater of war.

Good on the military for getting them, and that apparently no tourists or workers were physically hurt - but this should have never happened the way it did - even at a time when the complexes are sparsely populated.

We have safely left Mexico, but the emotional scars will last for awhile. And by the way, if you want to call me a 'wuss' - go ahead - I'm a retired cop - and in all my years never saw anything like this and was never scared so much. If you are military trained you should be able to cope with gunships firing near you in the theater of war - but not as a tourist hoping for a quiet holiday in a safe, hassle-free destination.

Up to Wednesday morning we enjoyed ourselves, but it's not likely we will be back to Mexico anytime soon, and certainly not PP.

Take that conclusion any way you want - signing off...

The Canuck

So very sorry Canuck. No one should have to experience this terror. Glad you and your wife got out of there safely. With this latest incident, unfortunetly Hubby has put the Hell No to the 3BD at the Sun we were planning on purchasing in January. Sadly and reluctantly, I have to agree with him. IF we go back and it will be a long time, we'll stick to renting...

and why does the government allow the guy they want to kill to be part owner and a resident at a tourist condo complex? Why is this wise to promote tourism? How is this a safe situation for our grand children? Can I get the official list of which hotels have cartel owners? It seems the Federal Gov has this information, right?

playaperro

El Pirata
Translated from the Defrente!
He had a " Shadow Macho Prieto

About 15 days before the shooting in the Sonoran port, a federal agent infiltrated the Bella Sirena set to become the shadow of Gonzalo Inzunza Inzunza , "El Macho Prieto '; watched him day and night .
The mysterious federal agent rented a villa, as part of the strategy to arrest the alleged offender , chief henchmen Ismael " El Mayo " Zambada .

Tucked into the lion's den , the agent almost did not sleep , did not use the beds and sometimes walked the halls with apparent insomnia, have in the villas.

People not paying attention and service staff looked at his " eccentricities " as rare behaviors of someone who " came to relax , to let go of stress," narrated.

Their blankets were behind the door , sleeping rough or behind the glass door , where everything looked .
Their reports were instrumental in operating the 18 December. The action started as at 4:25 pm with a panel that " invaded " the Bella Sirena.

The shooting began immediately, the response of the bodyguards ' El Macho Prieto " was so violent that the element of surprise was lost , so the intervention of two Black Hawk helicopters of U.S. manufacture was necessary , whose arms 50 caliber wreaked havoc in cars of the Assassins . Two gunships also participated.

Inside the rooms the battle lasted a long time, at least two hours before it began arriving reinforcements 'Macho Prieto ' and federal forces attempted to prevent them from reaching the Bella Sirena.
With two cars blocked the entrance so that not more cars from entering reinforcements 'Macho Prieto ' .

The battle took place in the Villa 8 which was destroyed , where it is presumed living Izunza , who took up residence in this port , constantly changing address.

But the operation did not stay there, some suspects attempted to flee and a chase began , the vehicle overturned .
The result: five dead , including Inzunza , although his body was gone, but the federal government has no doubts. Speaking calls criminals , they knew was killed .

playaperro

El Pirata
Periodico De Frente
Tenía una “Sombra el Macho Prieto

Unos 15 días antes de la balacera en el puerto sonorense, un agente federal se infiltró en el conjunto Bella Sirena para convertirse en la sombra de Gonzalo Inzunza Inzunza, 'El Macho Prieto'; lo espiaba de día y de noche.
El misterioso agente federal rentó una villa, como parte de la estrategia para detener al presunto delincuente, jefe de sicarios de Ismael 'El Mayo' Zambada.

Metido en la boca del lobo, el agente casi no dormía, no usaba las camas y a veces caminaba por los pasillos, con aparente insomnio, cuentan en las villas.

La gente no le ponía atención y el personal del servicio miraba sus “excentricidades” como conductas raras de alguien que “venía a relajarse, a dejar de lado el estrés”, narran.

Sus cobijas quedaban detrás de la puerta, dormía a la intemperie o detrás de la puerta de cristal, desde donde miraba todo.
Sus reportes fueron clave en el operativo del 18 de diciembre. La acción inició como a las 4:25 horas, con un grupo especial que “invadió” el Bella Sirena.

La balacera inició de inmediato; la respuesta de los guardaespaldas de 'El Macho Prieto' fue tan violenta que se perdió el factor sorpresa, por lo que fue necesaria la intervención de dos helicópteros Black Hawk de fabricación norteamericana, cuyas armas calibre 50 provocaron estragos en los autos de los sicarios. Dos aviones artillados también participaron.

Dentro de las habitaciones la batalla duró mucho tiempo, al menos dos horas; ante ello, comenzaron a llegar refuerzos del 'Macho Prieto' y las fuerzas federales intentaron evitar que llegaran al Bella Sirena.
Con dos autos bloquearon la entrada para que no ingresaran más autos con refuerzos del 'Macho Prieto'.

La batalla se registró en la Villa 8, que quedó destrozada, donde se presume que vivía Izunza, quien estableció su residencia en este puerto, cambiando constantemente de domicilio.

Pero el operativo no quedo ahí; algunos presuntos delincuentes intentaron huir y se inició una persecución; el vehículo se volcó.
El saldo: cinco muertos, entre ellos Inzunza, aunque su cadáver desapareció, pero el gobierno federal no tiene dudas. Al intervenir las llamadas de los criminales, supieron que fue abatido.

“No puedo creer que tuve de vecino al 'Macho Prieto'”, dice una turista, quien comenta que a veces intercambió saludos con él.
Mientras que un empresario local critica el operativo, pues se salió de control. “Nos causan toda esta mala fama por la violencia, ahuyentan a los turistas con sus balaceras, y ni siquiera tienen al 'Macho Prieto', ni vivo ni muerto”.

IRONIC?

--"But even Glover, who grew up in Pitiquito, Sonora, and is as bicultural as they come, couldn’t resist pointing out that the military operation was narrowly targeted:

“They didn’t shoot willy-nilly into the resort. They were shooting specifically into one villa.”--

All,
Our family is supported by my work as a columnist and that occupation requires a very high degree of character and integrity.

In times of crisis one really finds out who their friends are. A friend would never have publicly challenged the credibility of what I said on here or in the media. That's too bad because I really enjoyed working with her for a few hours on Saturday.

There is no need to apologize because I understand that the truth was not in the best interest of the wallet... and that's always the most important thing. Friendships be dammed. Luckily we are surrounded by real friends and family that would never think of such a thing.

Stephen

mis2810

Mike, I know nothing about Pinky's claims, but the gunfire was definitely not over by 5:30. Just look at the times from the posts on this forum from eyewitnesses. Also, your theory about no cartel guys getting away has to be wrong because otherwise Macho Prieto's body wouldn't be missing.

Mike, I know nothing about Pinky's claims, but the gunfire was definitely not over by 5:30. Just look at the times from the posts on this forum from eyewitnesses. Also, your theory about no cartel guys getting away has to be wrong because otherwise Macho Prieto's body wouldn't be missing.
Never said the gun fire was over at 5:30am...I said the heavy gunfire was over by 5:30.......

Top cartel bodies go missing a lot....Another poster talked about that in earlier posts.....It happened recently in Baja...