Wind Turbines

Kenny

Well Known Member
So, some of us know that the person who said they produce cancer is also the same person who said injecting bleach into our bodies somehow could possibly save us from this virus. If any of you don't know who that person is and you would like to know, send me a private message and I'll be glad to tell you.:)

Kenny

Well Known Member
I don't think you MJ can make a non political post!!
Every time I see a post by you I think back to that magical time when Corky Carroll and Hobie Alter got together and put Corky's name on a Hobie surfboard. Back when they only made boards. Hobie was the board everyone wanted to have, but after Corky's name was put on it, it became a must-have. A prototype of today's sports marketing.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I don't know a damn thing about wind turbines causing anything but dead birds.

On the other hand, I have watched a couple documentaries about living too close to high voltage power lines and the effects of such. Not good. Was pretty telling when the guy walked under the lines holding an ordinary fluorescent tube bulb in his hand and it lit up like a Christmas tree!

Scrounger

Every time I see a post by you I think back to that magical time when Corky Carroll and Hobie Alter got together and put Corky's name on a Hobie surfboard. Back when they only made boards. Hobie was the board everyone wanted to have, but after Corky's name was put on it, it became a must-have. A prototype of today's sports marketing.
I remember that shop they had in Dana Point back in the day. I from Tucson but am a Dana Hills Grad

Idyllwild

Well Known Member

On the other hand, I have watched a couple documentaries about living too close to high voltage power lines and the effects of such. Not good. Was pretty telling when the guy walked under the lines holding an ordinary fluorescent tube bulb in his hand and it lit up like a Christmas tree!
No they don’t cause adverse health effects.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
No they don’t cause adverse health effects.
Ya might wanna rethink that.

It was found that children living in homes as far as 600 m from power lines had an elevated risk of leukemia. An increased risk of 69% for leukemia was found for children living within 200 m of power lines while an increased risk of 23% was found for children living within 200 to 600 m of the lines.[3] This study was notable in that it found some elevation of risk at much greater distances than previous studies.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Ya might wanna rethink that.

It was found that children living in homes as far as 600 m from power lines had an elevated risk of leukemia. An increased risk of 69% for leukemia was found for children living within 200 m of power lines while an increased risk of 23% was found for children living within 200 to 600 m of the lines.[3] This study was notable in that it found some elevation of risk at much greater distances than previous studies.
No. The electromagnetic radiation 30 meters from a powerline is negligible. 60 Hz will not broadcast. There is nothing there.

richwi

Well Known Member
I’m not sure how the discussion went from wind turbines to power lines, but that type of thing happens a lot on the site. Anyway... there have been no studies. (no meaning zero, nada, none) that show any type of risk due to the emissions from wind turbines. There is a very very small risk from being injured by one of the blades becoming dislodged.

playaperro

El Pirata
From the first day that turbine was trouble, just kept breaking down and parts were impossible to obtain and workers won't go near it cause it leaks bullshit.

Kenny

Well Known Member
I remember that shop they had in Dana Point back in the day. I from Tucson but am a Dana Hills Grad
I know and have ridden the point break at Dana Point back in the day, the tressels too. Ha, I have no idea why I threw the tressels in, except maybe because both places are special.
My life started out on the beach in Torrance, then on to here in AZ for my wonderbread years. Then it was back to S Cali for the end of eighth grade in 62, then on to high school in 63. I hit it perfect, and there's no place I'd have rather been than S Cali in the '60s and early 70's.
I left San Diego for the Pacific Northwest in 74, and I never went back.

ernesto

Well Known Member
I will be asking them to let me out of the vehicle. Anyone had experience with this? I go frequently and this is completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Supposedly you can drive thru it 2,500 times per year and not start glowing in the dark.
If you cross regularly I'd get out and walk past it, but if you're the only person in the car, I don't think that will fly with them.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
I will be asking them to let me out of the vehicle. Anyone had experience with this? I go frequently and this is completely unacceptable.
Back when I was wondering about the contraption, I wrote to Customs and Border Patrol. Surprised to get a response, in which I was told that travelers who were still wary, despite claims of "safe levels," would have the option to leave their vehicles.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Back when I was wondering about the contraption, I wrote to Customs and Border Patrol. Surprised to get a response, in which I was told that travelers who were still wary, despite claims of "safe levels," would have the option to leave their vehicles.
Would they drive the vehicle thru for people who weren't comfortable driving themselves?

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter

We for many years would ride the power lines from Scottsdale road to the Verde river or over to the Bartlett lake dam. When we parked under the power lines we often could hear a hissing noise and the static electricity was incredible. Nor sure about health issues but there is definitely some kind of power field surrounding the big power lines.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Towing my boat back and forth, I've gotten X-rayed many times. Used to get directed around the right side of the border entrance. Also h ad the X-ray truck circle me
scanning.

They always made me (and family) get outta the truck and stand by in the distance.
No worries, zap it as you see fit. Ain't nuttin' there illegal.