Xochitl's

fasteddy

Well Known Member
Is this place open? has anyone tried it? I'm pretty sure I know the chef Jerry, in fact he cooked dinner for my wife and I the night my first son was born.

P

Penasco Pirate

AWESOME BREAKFAST!!!! Great pizza and and salads, too! Try the machaca its to die for...

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Great family atmosphere! I eat at least one meal a day there when I am down. Try the tortilla soup or the chile rellenos. My personal favorite is chile quiles.

fasteddy

Well Known Member
Are they serving stuff from the "old" menu or have they incorporated a "new" menu since it's re-opening. Anybody know if the chef Jerry is down there full time?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Where, where, where, por favor? I'd like to give it a try. Probably passed it hundreds of times.

Kelney

Well Known Member
Stuart - It is in Cholla Bay so that is probably why you do not recognize the place.

I must thank Ric for turning me on to the place. It is great!

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Xochitls was in Cholla across the street from the Super T at the Y in the road. It has now moved south a block. It is the new orange building on the left side where the street is paved.

P

Penasco Pirate

Sally has since had to take 2 part time jobs in Tucson from what I have heard. Hope all is well in her 'new' endeavor. Far as I know the food has not/will not change...maybe some new stuff added??

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Is that the little restaurant on the road thru Cholla before you got to JJ's (had a couple tables outside)???....more of a coffee/breakfast/lunch place?

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
That's the place. Not your fine dinning place but great food. They also have internet and phone service for a small fee.

La Huerita

Well Known Member
Stuart, you've never been to Xochitl's? GOTTA give it a try! I haven't been there recently but I understand the new place is great and the food and "ambience" haven't changed. I gave it a plug a little while back in Beach Buzz and it made me hungry just thinking about it, lol. http://rptides.blogspot.com/2009/07/beach-buzz-weather-xochitls-cholla-cafe.html

I hope things go well for them. This is one of those places that you just absolutely do NOT want to see closed down!

fasteddy

Well Known Member
I made it out to Xochitl's Saturday night. Met my buddy Jerry the chef there and ended up back at his house for a neighborhood Bar B Que. Came back and had breakfast the next morning and WOW was it good. the place was packed also, everybody seemed to be enjoying the food. Give it a try if you get the chance.

thecoldtruth

Finally got to eat there after countless tries (their hours are broken up and they are rarely open on weekdays). The rellenos came highly recommended and were a total letdown. They covered soggy fried chilis with canned 'old el paso' style sauce and served me beans that were crackly and dried out as were the tortillas that broke upon touch. If you can't do beans and tortillas how can you make anything? No wonder it was empty.

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Tried to eat there but the ants were everywhere.. I can handle alot of things but eating with bugs walking on all the tables puts me over the edge...

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Ants?

I will look tomorrow to see if there are any giant ants. I am usually looking at the good food in front of me, so I am too busy to notice.