New Wind Turbine in Town

I am pretty sure that the whole Penasco area is on the zone 1E subsidy schedule. My place in Cholla is on it.
Someone with a Condo on Sandy Beach could verify this.

Russ, With a $110 bill for 2 months during the summer, you must keep the A/C running to a minimum.:eek: I would be miserable from the humidity.

My place in Cholla is 1300sf with dual pane windows with R-24 attic and foam roof insulation.
One- 2-ton mini split (10.6 seer) and we burn through 32-38 KW per day with the A/C running at 25-26 degrees Celsius for 8-12 hours a day in June.
(10-12 without A/C) ,
That's with 1 electric water heater, 1 med. size fridge, 2 small H2O pumps, a 32" led TV, 5 fans running and CFL bulb's in most every light we have.
No shade trees and non-insulated block walls but light colored painted walls.

The charge is approx. 7 cents per KW in zone 1E for up to 150-600KW per 2 month period, the price per KW and KW surcharge levels change
to different levels depending on what time of the years it is. Currently the basic charge level is 150KW for winter and 600 KW for summer months.
Check out the CFE site if you want some great reading, regarding that. ;)

mis2810

I've heard about the different rate structures for different areas before. Our place in Las Conchas is in CFE Zone 1E and we have received the subsidy. What zone is Sandy Beach in? What about other areas of town?
My bill on Sandy Beach is 1E also. I just paid our bill for June and July. My condo was rented/occupied every day for the entire 2 months. The bill for the two months was $4,480 pesos or at a 12.5 peso exchange rate $378.20 which comes out to $193.60 per month. Condo is 1,530 square feet. Condo is all electric - no gas appliances.

mis2810

I was down the last 2 weeks in June, 3 days in July were for me, and 2 days for a family friend. Other than that, pure rental $$$. I've got a good unit, with a good view, and nice furniture. Rented the first 2 weeks of August also.

I bet the electric meters are burning up this time of the year, I just looked at Casa Weez it's 90 with a 81 degree dew point, :eek: No me gusta lo!!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
OK, no I am not saying that CFE is wonderful and everything is rosy. I simply responded to someone saying that we get raped by the gvt.

The cost of production is greater here than other places. The subsidy is a reward for less consumption. I keep my house between 28-30 most of the time, the A/cs are off when we are gone they have timers so they come on 30 minutes before we get home. It is not cold in my office in my house but my wife works upstairs in the sewing room and it is pretty nice all the time up there.
The way I understand it, if you exceed the "piggy zone" of 4000 kw in the period you will lose your subsidy for 12 months.....so if you are in the rental pool you don't have subsidy......I am not in the rental pool. My juice usage in my example was 1589 kw (.06 kw hr) for 2 months. I am frugal, sometimes I am a little hot but it is a small price to pay.....for a small price to pay.

mis2810

Here's what my statement says. It was actually less than I thought it was. I got my government subsidy of $2,355.00 also.

Energía 5,787.74
IVA 16% 926.03
Fac. del Periodo 6,713.77
Apoyo Gobiernos 2,355.00-
Subtotal 4,358.77
DAP 0.00% 100.00
Adeudo Anterior 778.36
Su Pago 778.00-
Total $4,459.13

Roberto

Just looked at residential statements for same time period for Mirador, Unconscious, Intown and Sandy Beach. All show a Tarif (rate) 1E so all the town seems to be the same rate for residences. The step up rate structure (Facturation) plus the discounts for verano (Summer) and the Aportacion (Gov. pays this part) causes confusion. The basic rate and steps was the same on all the statements for the same time period I looked at. Commercial comes in a a higher rate by quite a bit. Facturation levels of rate increase start out higher and go higher for commercial plus there is no subsidy for commercial.

In Summary:
All areas are 1E residential Tarifa/Rate
All areas have the same residential ,Facturation/step increases
All areas residential have get the sumer rate reduction.
I did not calculate the Aportacion Gubermamental (Governent discount) but it looks the same.
Commercial is way more across the board.

So I think this means that in reality Russ, having two businesses at his home, should be paying the Commercial rate. :eek::eek:
Have a vague memory about more than one meter at his place too which is a way to keep the costs down by keeping the rate down as the rate is calculated per meter ????

OK, no I am not saying that CFE is wonderful and everything is rosy. I simply responded to someone saying that we get raped by the gvt.

The cost of production is greater here than other places. The subsidy is a reward for less consumption. I keep my house between 28-30 most of the time, the A/cs are off when we are gone they have timers so they come on 30 minutes before we get home. It is not cold in my office in my house but my wife works upstairs in the sewing room and it is pretty nice all the time up there.
The way I understand it, if you exceed the "piggy zone" of 4000 kw in the period you will lose your subsidy for 12 months.....so if you are in the rental pool you don't have subsidy......I am not in the rental pool. My juice usage in my example was 1589 kw (.06 kw hr) for 2 months. I am frugal, sometimes I am a little hot but it is a small price to pay.....for a small price to pay.
Russ, Yep keeping it 82.5-86 degrees at your house and using timers will definitely reduce your KW consumption.
But that would only increase my sweat production and my cerveza consumption.

I know summers are pretty tough in RP, especially in Cholla before we finally electricity got there,
Ahh, the sound of a generator humming to keep the fans and fridge going, lulling us to sleep, and waking up soaked because,
one of my bone headed friends forgot to put more gas in the generator.

We were tougher back then, now! not so much.:D

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
You have to remain on average under 4000kWh for the year (6 billing cycles). Some of us in the summer exceed 4000kWh for a 2 month period.
For example my usage for condo:
May-July 5248 kWh
Mar-May 1807 kWh
Jan-Mar 1036 kWh

If your avg. exceeds 4000kWh per billing cycle (I always have 2 billing cycles that go above 4000k, the next one is Aug-Sep), then you will be in a tarifa above '1E'... and from the owners I know that went into this tariffa, the rate is ridiculous. I also believe you have to wait an entire year before you can have your meter avg. reset (need the prior year's 6 billing cycles).

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Just looked at residential statements for same time period for Mirador, Unconscious, Intown and Sandy Beach. All show a Tarif (rate) 1E so all the town seems to be the same rate for residences. The step up rate structure (Facturation) plus the discounts for verano (Summer) and the Aportacion (Gov. pays this part) causes confusion. The basic rate and steps was the same on all the statements for the same time period I looked at. Commercial comes in a a higher rate by quite a bit. Facturation levels of rate increase start out higher and go higher for commercial plus there is no subsidy for commercial.

In Summary:
All areas are 1E residential Tarifa/Rate
All areas have the same residential ,Facturation/step increases
All areas residential have get the sumer rate reduction.
I did not calculate the Aportacion Gubermamental (Governent discount) but it looks the same.
Commercial is way more across the board.

So I think this means that in reality Russ, having two businesses at his home, should be paying the Commercial rate. :eek::eek:
Have a vague memory about more than one meter at his place too which is a way to keep the costs down by keeping the rate down as the rate is calculated per meter ????
Nope, we have the property across the street full pay no subsidies, it is a workshop on a property that has 3 residences on it (thus 3 meters) . The workshop pays full rate for it's use, but the others are rated as domestico. I checked with CFE on this last month and we had a meeting and all 4 properties are correct. Our house is our main office but not designated by CFE as such as the main portion is living space so it is listed as domestico. It is legal to operate your office business out of your house in Mexico as long as it doesn't manufacture things.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
A few more pics from Wednesday morning, they are to stand the massive pole tomorrow will be fun to watch

DSCN8618 (Small).JPG DSCN8619 (Small).JPG DSCN8620 (Small).JPG DSCN8621 (Small).JPG DSCN8622 (Small).JPG

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
But what about all the endangered Penasco Skeeter birds this monstrosity will kill? It must be stopped at all costs!!!

(Well, at least that's the argument the greens use against turbine power here in the U.S. Birds fly into those big propellers and get dead.)