New Wind Turbine in Town

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I am worried about the ultralights....lol
I think this is a standalone experimental project which will produce enough power for a village in Central Sonora, I have to find out for sure of course.

There will be more but probably not in this exact location

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Thursday was cool watching the progress. After a few delays they finally hooked up the first section to stand. It was late like 5:30 when they started to stand it. Just then we saw the storm clouds to the north and we thought they would abandon it for the day but they pressed on and had it stood upright before I left. Saw it this morning and it is still standing and in place all bolted down, amazing work. Should be doing part 2 today and part 3 tomorrow, this thing is massive!

Wind Aug 14 2014 (7) (Small).JPGWind Aug 14 2014 (10) (Small).JPGWind Aug 14 2014 (14) (Small).JPGWind Aug 14 2014 (18) (Small).JPGWind Aug 14 2014 (24) (Small).JPG

Here is a cool 2:18 video of the wind turbine being built!

Wind Turbine Sonora!
That is the quickest project completion I've ever seen done in RP, Pad poured around July 1st, Aug 25th it's all assembled. Very impressive.
Boy that is a big turbine in pictures can't wait to see how big it is in person. It looks bigger than the ones outside of Palm Springs on I-10 going to LA.
The Cruise Port obviously isn't being built like that.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
This will be the first wind turbine I have ever driven "under" while it is operating. It is very close to the road and it is a spectacle from all sides of town. I looked out my window this morning from almost a mile away and I can see this massive 350 foot tall structure. It is a great achievement in mans ability to construct!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It is fed back into the grid and is privately owned and supported by Energia Sonora
Antonio Toño Astiazaran is the promoter and director from what I gathered

Kenny

This will be the first wind turbine I have ever driven "under" while it is operating. It is very close to the road and it is a spectacle from all sides of town. I looked out my window this morning from almost a mile away and I can see this massive 350 foot tall structure. It is a great achievement in mans ability to construct!
No, this is a grand achievement in mans ability to construct, that's just a big Erector set.