After 45 Years I'm Wondering is there Value is in RP?

Driving from Peñasco to Vegas last week, we had 2 blowouts on our RV. Middle of nowhere. Roadside service charged $320 for one replacement tire. Friday, Goodyear told us we could get both replaced under warranty. Still waitig for them. So far they've only found one. Really. Is it that hard to find 5th wheel tires in Vegas?

Should have stayed in Peñasco!
And should have bought from Discount Tires!! :rofl:

I just spent $672.00 yesterday for tires for the Tacoma, plus $40.00 for an alignment. I seriously thought about having it done down there, but didn't want to take the time to figure out who to go to, who's going to have the right size tires, how long will it take, warranties, etc.........you can bet next time I'll "shop around" down there before thinking about having it done here.

Roberto

Shop around but I'm confident that you will find tires very expensive here in Mexico. Even used ones. I checked a few years ago and I could get tires from Cord at the NAPA in Ajo at about the same price as Tucson.

Julie...you got off light...2 tires for my Dodge truck run me about $500....that's with Discount Tire, and I even had a discount (ha ha) since my ex daughter-in-law works for corporate....

Kea

Yes, I thought $320 was a little high. But my "really" comment was directed at how had it seems to be to find that particular tire. Goodyear says that they don't make it anymore. I didn't realize we had such an unusual size. Yep, it's for a 5th wheel, but those are fairly common.

The Man

hello ....

Ok, question? Than what causes inflation at Rocky Point? Maybe the poor Mexican living on very little means, causes it!

And Whoever, and you who you are, seem to put down tourists and northern Gringo's as stupit and dum and maybe idiots or whatever, or MAYBE OTHER POSTERS, and maybe stop being sarcastic in return!

What are you .......are you an Epat and/or
an tourist, old gringo or whatever!

Now if you are a perm resident here on a fm2 or 3, you are then not in the class of a stupit gringo or dum tourist as you say some are! Even if your an xpat, so then you now distant yourself from them!

How about joining in on this forum in a civil manner and not tear down forum members on how stupit or idiots they are for postings their thoughts on this forum!

And not tearing into them, or tourists, or Gringo's about their posts, or anybodyelse!

Does not posters have the input to say their thoughts without you or anybody acting in a, God almighty way, that they may be off a little, nor correct without
condemning then, or only you have the correct answer!

Best, be informative and answer their posts in a civil matter, weather they are right or wrong!

Please be civil, and even your friends, or your friends that are moderators, should agree, as this is, or should be, a civil forum with different points of view can be exchanged!

What do you think when new tourists or new gringo's read and may of not even come here yet, as this forum is most likely read from out of country also.

So, may peace be with you and have greats days in Rocky Point!

The Man

Last edited:

The Man

yoooo..

Talking or rather a poster said something about a excepting peso's at a Micky D' in the states....

Whenever we cross the border north into Sumerton, US city going to Yuma, we always stop at the Mc Donald there and get lunch in the US, and they take my leftover mex money!

As I think the whole town does! Ha, I'm not going to say this is a US town, but for sure I think its MEXICO!

oh well.....

The Man

(part female, part male, part viscous dog, and part a few other things, part RP ite )

jerry

Wow..I think The Man has had a few to many tonight!
Pa
next time your eating grapes think of these poor F'ers I know Some growers down by Rosy's old stomping grounds Y griega that just hire locals...works better in the long run

The Man

oh Jerry....

No no, not sour grapes! It waz that good mex tequila I brought back to the states from Rocky Point.

Now, all out, and have to head back to the Tequila Factory there at RP and stock. up...

I hate that one bottle at the border so maybe I'll have to haul a bunch of
non-drinkers down with me and stock up
that way going north!

The Man

rplarry

hello ....

Ok, question? Than what causes inflation at Rocky Point? Maybe the poor Mexican living on very little means, causes it!

And Whoever, and you who you are, seem to put down tourists and northern Gringo's as stupit and dum and maybe idiots or whatever, or MAYBE OTHER POSTERS, and maybe stop being sarcastic in return!

What are you .......are you an Epat and/or
an tourist, old gringo or whatever!

Now if you are a perm resident here on a fm2 or 3, you are then not in the class of a stupit gringo or dum tourist as you say some are! Even if your an xpat, so then you now distant yourself from them!

How about joining in on this forum in a civil manner and not tear down forum members on how stupit or idiots they are for postings their thoughts on this forum!

And not tearing into them, or tourists, or Gringo's about their posts, or anybodyelse!

Does not posters have the input to say their thoughts without you or anybody acting in a, God almighty way, that they may be off a little, nor correct without
condemning then, or only you have the correct answer!

Best, be informative and answer their posts in a civil matter, weather they are right or wrong!

Please be civil, and even your friends, or your friends that are moderators, should agree, as this is, or should be, a civil forum with different points of view can be exchanged!

What do you think when new tourists or new gringo's read and may of not even come here yet, as this forum is most likely read from out of country also.

So, may peace be with you and have greats days in Rocky Point!

The Man
A civil question for you.... Are you being serious when you type the word "stupit" and "dum" or like Jerry mentioned, was it the tequila? Hopefully the later because spelling the word "stupit" and "dum" diminishes your points slightly ;)

The Man

RPLarry.....

You are correct! It seems when I mix some of this great Mexican
beer here, with the percrep
pain meds, can't think in a normal
way, nor does it help my spelling!

Thanks for your post.

The man

Kenny

RPLarry.....

You are correct! It seems when I mix some of this great Mexican
beer here, with the percrep
pain meds, can't think in a normal
way, nor does it help my spelling!

Thanks for your post.

The man
Where's here? Where do you stay while you're here, and what do you do besides get **** faced if you are "here"; and how long have you been complimenting Rocky Point with your presence?

Last edited:

The Man

hi....Kenny......

Been complimenting this place
since 1989! Don't really as you say
want to get F_ _ _ faced! Had a very bad back injury ....fell 8' flat back
on a cement block! Doc said should
of broke my back!

So, being F_ _ _ faced gives me a little breather, and also reading your comments!

the man

Kenny

hi....Kenny......

Don't really as you say
want to get F_ _ _ faced! So, being F_ _ _ faced gives me a little breather, and also reading your comments!

the man
Oh man, I didn't say that, everyone knows it's sh_ _ faced. So again, where do you stay, and what do you do besides over medicate yourself while you are here, there.

Last edited:
hi....Kenny......

of broke my back!

So, being F_ _ _ faced gives me a little breather, and also reading your comments!

the man
"complimenting" Penasco or this Forum? Which one?

You should get together with Happy (Silvia).....he could use some of those great meds that you have a supply of :rofl:

jerry

i fell on my head (I know I know) from a roof in 2000.I woke up in a pool of blood with my loyal Welsh Terrier Chester (why do the women get to name the dogs?) happily licking a pool of blood and the wound it came from. First couple months were foggy as i almost voted for Bush. My point is I know a Massage person/Trainer (Ingrid) who would be better for you than Meds.

hi....Kenny......

of broke my back!

the man

Where's here? Where do you stay while you're here, and what do you do besides get **** faced if you are "here"; and how long have you been complimenting Rocky Point with your presence?
C'mon guys...am I the only one in here spotting the fakes? LOL, Kenny, you oughta have spotted this one a mile away.

GV Jack

Snorin God
C'mon guys...am I the only one in here spotting the fakes? LOL, Kenny, you oughta have spotted this one a mile away.
Yep, I agree Rosy. I kind suspect that Silvia had an alter ego. Speaking of Silvia, I kind of miss her/him/it? I've never argued with a transvestite before.