Anybody But Me Been Hearing This Ad on the Radio???

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Stuart, Apr 19, 2017.

1. MIRAMAR

MIRAMAR Well-Known Member

Move to Miramar, we were the only people on the beach last weekend- nice and quiet like we like it. We can drive to town if we want, go to crazyville (the condos), but escape to peace and quiet.

Landshark, Southbeacher and Encanto like this.
  2. brokenwave

brokenwave Well-Known Member

Is Miramar out by the Mayan resort?

3. Southbeacher

Southbeacher Well-Known Member

Yes, Broken. Just west of Mayan. Thanks, Miramar, for ruining the secret. :)

MIRAMAR and brokenwave like this.
  4. brokenwave

SB, Thx. We were there over 20 years ago riding our quads up and down the beach a few times,
    That area is so nice like most of the beaches from Encanto to Santo Tomas.

That was the fuel range of our ATV's riding from Cholla and back and refilling in RP before going to home to Cholla.
    I bet ATV's are a No NO on that beach today, like most places.

5. mondone

mondone Whitecaps

Banned on Encanto for years

6. Southbeacher

Southbeacher Well-Known Member

ATVs are a no-no on Encanto, Dorada and Miramar. But there are back roads that accommodate ATV's through at least part of the stretch. (Well, at least there were about 20 years ago when I joined an ATV caravan to the Ostionera.)

7. brokenwave

Until Encanto and Playa La Jolla started growing during the early 90's, we could ride from the estuary where the oyster farms are to where the Mayan is now.
    As soon as Playa La Jolla went in we were chased off of the beach by security guards on ATV's. Then we started going north past Black Mtn.
    well, Laguna Shores went in, No more beach trips there.
    Have only driven to Encanto in our SUV to visit the nice beaches for a day trip.
    Times have changed but I (my butt) really doesn't miss being on an ATV for 30 miles of travel anymore. ;)

Southbeacher and Landshark like this.
  8. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

9. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Well speaking as a fellow owner of multiple Sonoran properties,land and soon a damn gold mine I would not bet on that flawed El HomePort to get finished by 2020.The pause in the drug war is just that (still good news),the water issues are compounded with each newbie,the deported are increasing and ending in areas like ours and the relationship with the USA is at a really tricky spot.....a roll of the dice...

10. Horace Greely

Horace Greely Member

Jerry,
    Do you not also consider the newly elected “El Presidente” a possible wild card in the renewed economic upswing?
    The “Home Port” could become a casualty of the administration’s economic outlook. I (also) do not see crusing the “Baja” high on many travelers lists. Why would you depart from such a “small place” for a long cruise? Granted, I do not have a clear picture of what one might see or the reason why people actually cruise , I do not go on cruises.
    Have you actually noticed an influx of individuals that are being turned back from the US border?

11. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

All along the border the numbers of deported and stuck without the proper papers to work in Mexico are way up.I see them in Y Griega more often now.They undercut the locals...work for food basically until established.