Arizona anti-immigrant bill...an opportunity for Puerto Penasco?

this is all about the cash, ... who is footing the bill and many tax payers in AZ are tired of seeing their taxes go up every year.

Sales tax approaching 10%! Property taxes now over 1% of property value, it was .60% a few years back. 20% Fed and 8% AZ, by the time you can spend your money for personal items it is 30 cents on the dollar.

Ajo just got nabbed. Everyone knew about the the "fake trailer parks" for Mexican children south of Lukeville where used to bus children to the Ajo school district. The trip was an hour but the busses where there every morning to pick them up so the school district could bill Arizona since they pay per child in school. Everyone knew they lived south of the border but used the trailer park address to show US addresses. Schools are not allowed to ask for citizenship and so it was for many years. A scam at AZ expense.

Bam, today Arizona is demanding $1.200,000 in defrauded funds from the Ajo school district.

This is about the AZ residents getting tired of the free pass, and Green go Pass was making a killing charging $50 dollars a month for a US address. The status quo is changing.

What happens to a US citizen caught with out legal papers in Mexico? (Rocky point is not Mexico, it is a Free Zone for all practical purposes, go to Caborca and then talk about freedoms in Mexico. Believe me, Mexico has the strictest immigration laws that would make you cringe.
It's about time....I've seen the buses (used to be 2-3) arrive full of kids....and watch them all walk across the border to the parents waiting in their vehicles.....everybody knew it was happening...even the US Customs people....they all took the attitude....."Not my job.."

Last edited:
B

bahiatrader

That's interesting. Where I taught in Tampico, Mexico elementary education was far superior to most US schools. It was in Spanish though. If you're going to be an illegal immigrant I guess speaking English is an advantage. Glad to hear the Ajo school got busted.

playaperro

El Pirata
That's interesting. Where I taught in Tampico, Mexico elementary education was far superior to most US schools. It was in Spanish though. If you're going to be an illegal immigrant I guess speaking English is an advantage. Glad to hear the Ajo school got busted.
Since when do illegal immigrants cross right threw customs?

B

bahiatrader

Since I can remember. They didn't used to check everyone before the passport law went inot effect.

playaperro

El Pirata
I can't believe you trader coming up with that answer. everyone shows ID, Becha most of them are USA citizens...

Last edited:
I can't believe you trader coming up with that answer. everyone shows ID, Becha most of them are USA citizens...
Betcha all of them were not....they set up an address in Lukeville ($50 per month according to the article) at the Gringo Pass so that they had a US address....then registered at the Ajo school. There was/is(?) no check of citizenship as long as they could show an address in the US......that is, by the school system, who had an incentive ($$$ from the state) to look the other way.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Betcha all of them were not....they set up an address in Lukeville ($50 per month according to the article) at the Gringo Pass so that they had a US address....then registered at the Ajo school. There was/is(?) no check of citizenship as long as they could show an address in the US......that is, by the school system, who had an incentive ($$$ from the state) to look the other way.
So because you have a po box in Lukeville, you can cross into the US without going through customs and having your id checked? That never works for me and I am white. I dont think there is collusion between the BP and the Ajo school system and they somehow split the money if the BP looks the other way while illegal people come across the border and get on a school bus. It just does not add up, just sayin.........

What is so difficult to understand????.....some residents of Sonoita obtained visas to legally "visit" the US for themselves and their families. It is not extremely difficult...as long as you have a job, an address in Sonoita or elsewhere in Mexico, and show that you are paying bills there, like utilities/phone. I know several Mexican nationals living in Penasco who have a visa to visit the US(there is a limit on how many miles into the US they may go).

They then obtain a "mailing address" at the Gringo Pass rv park or some other rv park, if there is one, as if it was a legal residence. Then they register their kids in Ajo to attend school there (as residents of Lukeville).

So what's the problem?....they cross back and forth every day with their legally obtained visitor visa.....

However, they are not residents of the US, and we, as taxpayes were paying for their educations in AJO! You have to be naive to think that the Ajo school district did not know this was happening. The bus drivers saw the kids crossing back and forth every day!

jerry

I think it's short sighted (big surprise!) to stop this evil plan to educate a small number of Mexican kids that then end up working and living on both sides of the border.These kids are sort of a bridge between our counties.One of the construction foremen at Santo Tomas went to school in Ajo and his ability to speak english,accurately estimate costs (math baby) and get me out of more than a few jambs is in part due to his Ajo experience.Hell he came down to the police station when Kenny and AZ smashed in the rear end of that truck at the TOPES a few years ago...
What is so difficult to understand????.....some residents of Sonoita obtained visas to legally "visit" the US for themselves and their families. It is not extremely difficult...as long as you have a job, an address in Sonoita or elsewhere in Mexico, and show that you are paying bills there, like utilities/phone. I know several Mexican nationals living in Penasco who have a visa to visit the US(there is a limit on how many miles into the US they may go).

They then obtain a "mailing address" at the Gringo Pass rv park or some other rv park, if there is one, as if it was a legal residence. Then they register their kids in Ajo to attend school there (as residents of Lukeville).

So what's the problem?....they cross back and forth every day with their legally obtained visitor visa.....

However, they are not residents of the US, and we, as taxpayes were paying for their educations in AJO! You have to be naive to think that the Ajo school district did not know this was happening. The bus drivers saw the kids crossing back and forth every day!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So it seems to me that if BP sees that these hordes of kids are going through customs everyday and boarding buses bound to Ajo (theres a sign on the side of the bus) and if in fact it is against the law to do this. There is accountability on the BP's part. Lets see 50 kids every morning at the same time, same kids, same bus north, yeah I guess they all must be shopping in Ajo for whatever it is they cant get in Sonoyta. So the rep going after the school district should go after BP instead in my opinion.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Whats your point cheatka eating tacos? I am not political but 1070 has nothing to do with border crosser s, it has to do with folks already here, driving miss daisy (I hope she has papers) and getting pulled over for whatever. 1070 will never stop the drug gangs from filling the need in the states for drugs. So the article is disjointed and offbase. Copy and paste something else so I have something to read.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
"You Russ can take the High road since you are comfortably outside AZ border and do not pay for the (school System and new sales taxes) new imposed AZ deficits."

I pay property tax in 2 counties in AZ on 3 different properties personally and 1 commercially. As well my son is in an online university here in Mexico (from the states) and we pay for that too every month because he is not a resident of the US and does not get the benefit of free schooling even though we pay hundreds if not thousands in each year to the school districts one of them being Ajo as we still own a home there. So high road low road whatever it is what it is - education for anybody is better than lack of education everytime. A smart white kid generally does better than one which did not receive an education, conversely a smart brown kid shares the same deal. I would rather have my taxes (muchos impuesto in the States) pay to teach a few brown kids something than to have someone use it for something else...and it would be used somehow else and probably in a much worse way...non political just reality. Have a nice night, I am taking my uneducated butt to bed stress free and comfortable that I did nothing to harm anyone today and probably did something good. AJUA = life is good!