August in Peñasco, are there any people there?

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
Yes that's sounds right, the more you use the higher rate you pay....
I'm still confused. How can Russ pay $48 per month for electricity, and Roberto is about $29 per month if I am converting the pesos correctly, and the rental condo is $30 per day for electricity?

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
They probably don't have the same type of heat load (all that glass) that the condos have....and they conserve.....especially when it comes to opening and closing those big sliding glass doors that you have at condos!!!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Nam and I are very conscience of our electric use because we have a rather large house that has the potential to eat a lot of electricity. We have a very thick house, well insulated only one west facing window-door. We air condition with 2 - 2 ton mini splits 1 up stairs and one down that are very efficient, the lack of ductwork is a huge energy saver - when we leave, the a/c goes off, we set the timers for the a/c to come on 1/2 hour or so before we come home.

I still cant see 30 dollars a day for electric in a condo which is probably 1/2 the size of our house though, sounds like something is amiss

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
Nam and I are very conscience of our electric use because we have a rather large house that has the potential to eat a lot of electricity. We have a very thick house, well insulated only one west facing window-door. We air condition with 2 - 2 ton mini splits 1 up stairs and one down that are very efficient, the lack of ductwork is a huge energy saver - when we leave, the a/c goes off, we set the timers for the a/c to come on 1/2 hour or so before we come home.

I still cant see 30 dollars a day for electric in a condo which is probably 1/2 the size of our house though, sounds like something is amiss
Thanks for the explanation Russ, and thanks for conserving energy not just for your wallet but for our planet!
I kind of wondered if something was amiss, like maybe his meter is off, since I heard they were just replaced.
But then again, everyone hates paying high electricity and so he could be exaggerating a bit of a real problem.

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
They probably don't have the same type of heat load (all that glass) that the condos have....and they conserve.....especially when it comes to opening and closing those big sliding glass doors that you have at condos!!!
So true about the giant sliding glass doors, and the condo also is an end unit so it has little west facing glass brick windows. And there are two skylights. Great light, but adds heat.

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
yes they did tell me the more you use the more you pay in mexico europe and all over but the US.

they said the idea of the more you use the cheaper it is or "bulk discount" is a purely american idea

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
Thank you so much for the link. It was extremely informative. I liked learning that it is because "The rate system has a number of elements designed to make power affordable to even poor families."

playaperro

El Pirata
Thanks for the explanation Russ, and thanks for conserving energy not just for your wallet but for our planet!
I kind of wondered if something was amiss, like maybe his meter is off, since I heard they were just replaced.
But then again, everyone hates paying high electricity and so he could be exaggerating a bit of a real problem.
My bathroom is bigger than Russes House! Have 20 Ft ceiling with 2 masters bedrooms and real a/c units plus he only has 2 people living there...LOL

az-dan

Well Known Member
3 Bedroom ground floor Sonoran Sea last year May and June $295.00us July and August $475.00us.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
My bathroom is bigger than Russes House! Have 20 Ft ceiling with 2 masters bedrooms and real a/c units plus he only has 2 people living there...LOL
We are 2400 square feet 2 stories 10 foot ceilings all around, 5 entrance doors 12 windows - so your bathroom must be huge! That would handle a lot of crap!

Kea

Well Known Member
My house in Las Conchas is in "Tarifa 1E." For our 4/Jul/12 - 3/Ago/12 billing period we used 788 KWh. The cost was $609 pesos based on:
300 KWh @ $0.549 = $164.70
450 KWh @ $0.698 = $314.10
38 KWh @ $0.900 = $34.2

+ taxes and base charge. Total came to $616.81. I guess the 8 peso reduction to the billing amount was the "apoyo" but it isn't stated on the bill.

The rates in the winter were higher. My 2/Nov/11 - 1/Dic/11 bill for 349 KWh was $705 pesos:
75 KWh @ $0.731
125 KWh @ $1.225
149 KWh @ $2.585

No, I don't know why I generally get monthly bills, when most folks get bi-monthly bills.

FWIW, Austin, TX also charges a higher rate based on higher usage -- and no "apoyo."