Bad Accident Between Ajo and Why - 07/02/2010 - 1:00pm

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I am just heartsick over this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. i pray that a miracle will come your wife's way.

crait1

It was me and my family. Craig [email protected]

Hello this is my first post, I am the person that was behind your friend my love goes out to the family, I am still a bit shook up from what happend, please give them my best. I also let the State Troopers know that it was not their fault the pickup driver remembered nothing. He must have fallen asleep. I called 911 within 1 min of the accident it was 10:15am. They were very quick only wish the helios were quicker. If you or the family wishes to talk to me or needs me in anyway please email me via this site. I am not going to post anymore in this forum about this accident what I saw is still to painful and makes me cry. Again my love and hugs to this family.

please contact me at [email protected]

AZ ROB

Craig:
Myself and Michelle are very sorry for what you are going thru. This really hits close to home if there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask We live in Phx and work close to downtown we as a community are here for you.
There are no strangers just Friend I haven't met yet

Last edited:
It was my family in the Mercedes SUV. My wife is critical with a broken neck and will never walk or have use of her hands again. My beautiful 12 year old daughter has had surgery for repairing a fractured skull and some broken toes. She has reconstructive surgeries coming for her right eye. Never saw the "sleeper" until he bashed into the side of the car tearing off a wheel and I lost control. Hard to control on 3 wheels. If he saw my wife in ICU, he wouldn't fall asleep again ever
Crait, with all that has happened, it's incredible that you've made time to come here and give us this news. For that, we thank you. My prayers go out to you and your family. May God bless you and keep you all.

My prayers go out to you....when you have kids, something like this really hits home....

Not wanting to get this thread off topic, but there is a possibility that the other driver suffers from sleep apnea...and fell asleep because of it.... For those of you who are heavy snorers, stop being in denial, and have yourself tested. I used to find myself falling asleep at 7:30 in the morning driving to work, and this was after what I thought was a good night's sleep. One trip back from Penasco, early afternoon, I had to pull off the road a couple of times because I just couldn't stay awake....fortunately, I never caused an accident as a result.

Again, I apologize if I've gone off the topic, but if this saves one person's life, it would be well worth it....

My thoughts are with you also, OP. RPJ, I do agree. My father suffers from this and falls asleep and I have tried to talk to him. He is now wanting to take my daughter on a cross country trip.

I have talked to him about the c-pap? He is resistant.

Having suffered thru it before, where I was actually slapping myself in the face to stay awake while driving, I would be very leary about permitting my child to go on a trip if the person was in denial and not on a c-pap. And yes, I know it can be a very sensitive matter within a family....you don't want to keep your daughter from being with her grandparent.....and as we get older, we get more stubborn and resistant (me included).

I've been on one for about 5 years. I know several others at work that use one. It's not something for him to be ashamed of. Sometimes it takes a bit for the person to find the right mask and get used to it...but there are many designs available. Your father will also have a higher risk of heart attack if he continues without it.

He has already had stents. And a pacemaker. He went to a sleep clinic a couple of years ago. They recommended a c pap and he refused. Said he could not sleep. Thanks, RPJ it is a hard and fine line . I appreciate your advice.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
I am heart broken with this, speechless "may god give your family comfort" and have knowledge that a invisible internet family is with all of you.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
My thoughts are with you also, OP. RPJ, I do agree. My father suffers from this and falls asleep and I have tried to talk to him. He is now wanting to take my daughter on a cross country trip.

I have talked to him about the c-pap? He is resistant.
I once had to stop my great aunt when she was driving the car in front of us leaving Mexico. She went into the other lane to avoid a ground squirrel of some sort on a blind curve. I hurt her feelings but could not let my young son continue to drive with her.

OMG, like I said in another thread, I haven't been on here much lately so I'm just now reading this...... with tears in my eyes. No words can express how bad I feel for you and your entire family. Our thoughts and positive vibes are with you.............we truly are your internet family here. I know you have a lot on your plate right now, but do, please, try and keep us informed of their progress if you can.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Craig, hope that everything will turn good for your wife and daughter and I will keep you in my thoughts!!

crait1

July 2, 2010 accident highway 85 at milepost 45.

Deanna is still in ICU and after several very grave incidents, she is still with us. She will never walk again but we are hoping for breathing on her own and use of her hands. My daughter Sarah sustained a fractured shull, a broken nose and a very damaged left eye. She is doing amazingly well. Her last surgery is Monday to rebuild the left orbit bone and plastic reconstruction of the left eyelids. She will keep her eye!
I'm one of those guys with 9 lives and pretty much walked out of it with just a stiff neck and a busted nose.
I'm keeping everyone abreast on facebook.
Craig Giffis

crait1

It was me and my girls in the accident. Please call me at 602-989-5060

Hello this is my first post, I am the person that was behind your friend my love goes out to the family, I am still a bit shook up from what happend, please give them my best. I also let the State Troopers know that it was not their fault the pickup driver remembered nothing. He must have fallen asleep. I called 911 within 1 min of the accident it was 10:15am. They were very quick only wish the helios were quicker. If you or the family wishes to talk to me or needs me in anyway please email me via this site. I am not going to post anymore in this forum about this accident what I saw is still to painful and makes me cry. Again my love and hugs to this family.
Me and my girls in the accident
Please call me
Craig 602-989-5060

Terry C

Craig, he has only posted once and his last time on theis site was on 7/20. If you send him a PM it will go to his regular email.