Boomer Fest 2013

Rhino

This is huge! Boomer Fest will happen on Sandy Beach next May in Penasco. The performers which could include Bob Dylan, Santana, CS&N, The Beach Boys and a long list of others will be finalized next week. I have an almost final brochure for this Rockin' good time, but can't figure out how to attach it here so send me a PM with your email address and I will sent it to you. This will really put Rocky Point on the map...BIG TIME!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
interesting - seems the previous events have been in new england area. any idea who the promoter is?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
~ ROCKY POINT OPEN HOUSE TOURS FEATURING BEACHFRONT HOMES AND CONDOS

~ REAL ESTATE EXPO AND SEMINARS

Well, these two last bullet points in the "old" brochure told me everything I need to know. Call me a doubter, but 24 bands with the likes of Bob Dylan, Santana, Crosby, Stills and Nash and the Beach Boys? Hmmmmmmm. Kind of pushes my skeptical button just a wee bit.

PS - On the brochure, how come there's not one picture of a Mexican (other than the mariachis)? Another hmmmmmmm.

X2 with the joester -- who is the promoter and do they expect the event to make money?

Hey, even though I'm a little skeptical, I do think it would be a great event for Penasco if it happens as said!

:puff:

Roberto

Anyone see anything odd about the map? Never heard of La Frontera Oasis and since when is the new road to the Mayan done?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The official announcement is a few days away stay tuned. The announcement will be done in LA by Mexico Tourism director Sr Gamboa. I for my part will wait for the official announcement.

Rhino

The official announcement is a few days away stay tuned. The announcement will be done in LA by Mexico Tourism director Sr Gamboa. I for my part will wait for the official announcement.
Sorry, Russ; I was just too excited to keep my mouth shut when my very, very reliable and contractualy involved sources said it was a go.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Sorry, Russ; I was just too excited to keep my mouth shut when my very, very reliable and contractualy involved sources said it was a go.
I've got some great graphics and some great info to share in a few days. This thing is going to be huge!

Rhino

Hey Kenny, I have tried to respond to your post regarding Steve McQueen which hasn't been posted to date; I'm sure it's due to my electronic illiteracy. Notwithstanding, Steve's Triumph Bonneville may be showcased in May. Parenthetically, that's the same bike Dylan crashed back in the 60's, I believe. Sorry for the demonstration of age but it helps to explain my excitement for such a great event in such an extraordinary locale.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Official press release is in Peñasco on the 10th of September, then Stateside in Los Angeles on the 14th. Stay tuned

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The Mexico announcement is tomorrow morning at Las Palomas at 11:00 am. I will post the content of the announcement shortly thereafter

El Gato

I've got some great graphics and some great info to share in a few days. This thing is going to be huge!
Can hardly wait for updates - have quite a few people I'm suppose to keep up to date on the Boomer Fest! So anything okayed to print appreciated.

A ton of years ago, on the old Playa Hermosa terrace I noticed a guy sitting very quietly all by himself - he really looked familiar. Like Steve McQueen - same smile. Heard later that he had been in town. So I always wanted to assume that it was him. Would be nice to have his bike here, and maybe his ghost would tag along :)