Child with hearing loss needs diagnosis...

lagrimas85 was not in Penasco last week, but should be back tomorrow(Monday)...and will be following up. He and his wife (Fabiola) have been in touch with the little girl's grandmother.

I have been talking with lagrimas85 today and he told me that the equipment Dr. Jesus uses is not suited to test a child of 2 years and that he is checking on making arrangements to get her to Hermosillo where they have equipment that can do tests on younger children... let's all keep our fingers crossed...

Another Update... Just had lunch with Bill a.k.a. lagrimas85 and he and his wife Fabiola, started the process of getting the little girl to Hermosillo... they went to the Social Security Hospital, who sent them to "DIF" and from there they were sent to another organization called "CRI" where they were told to get some information and permission from the mother of the child...

After they told me this we called our friend Blanca who was the director of "DIF" and is now the President of "La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida A.C." and Blanca told Fabiola that after they get the info to call her and she would assist with and hopefully speed up the process...

To sum things up... The wheels are rolling and things are looking very good... A BIG Thanks to Bill, Fabiola and Blanca...

Last edited:
M

Michelle

Rob and I would also like to put up a donation, wheter it be for the dr appointment or medicine. We will see you all this weekend.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The C.R.I. program for kids we think is going to pay for The diagnosis, all transportation to Hermosillo and any operations needed. The mother probably will need help with the medicine, her lodging in Hermosillo and also will be missing work and not have any income. Any donations should go to Mark and he can decide how to best use them.

Again....thanks to Bill (lagrimas85) and his wife Fabiola for all the leg work they have done. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::gradea: Hopefully the little girl will get the needed help in Hermosillo. I know that Mark(Seadweller) and Barb will see that any donations will be handled properly.....

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Joe, Friday afternoon we talked to Miriam in the C.R.I. office in Mexico City we were told that anytime after Dec. 6th we could enroll her, anyway we will get the info they need from the mother or the grandmother sometime before the 6th.

The latest update that I have is that Mark has $175 that was donated during the Thanksgiving boat trip to Bird Island for expenses, and that lagrimas85's wife, Fabiola, was getting info on the little girl from the grandmother, Lorena, most likely for the paperwork that needed to be filed.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Joe, last night Fabiola talked to Lorena and got the information on the mother and daughter, she will call CRI in Mexico City tomorrow and see what we need to get the girl enrolled. I mentioned to you when Fabiola went to the DIF office in RP Fabiola thought the director acted like she didn't know too much about the program and that was why they gave her the phone number in Mexico City. But anyway we will find out tomorrow what we need to do. Also while talking to Lorena last night, she mentioned they had taken the baby to see a doctor San Luis sometime ago and was told to have the baby tested (they didn't because of the expense) and there was a good chance that with an operation or maybe only with hearing aids the baby would be able to hear. Mark we may need Blanca's help. P.S. Just for the sake of knowing we asked Dr. Jesus about how much the test should cost if CRI doesn't move along to fast, he said it should cost 5000-6000 pesos. or 420-500 dllrs. Thats not alot of money.

Thank for the update Bill....and for you and Fabiola keeping up on this matter. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds like the typical bureacracy....not uncommon in the US either. I've found you just have to keep at them....even if they keep pointing you elsewhere. You can't let them wear you out so that you quit.

Mark we may need Blanca's help. P.S. Just for the sake of knowing we asked Dr. Jesus about how much the test should cost if CRI doesn't move along to fast, he said it should cost 5000-6000 pesos. or 420-500 dllrs. Thats not alot of money.
Bill we have $275.00 collected so far... just let me know if we need to contact Blanca... and like Joe said Thanks to you and Fabiola for doing all the leg work on this...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Joe, on Tuesday we went to a different DIF office and talked to Esperanza Lopez about enrolling the little girl in the CRI program. She said the girl could enroll but only with the mother with her because of the nature of the questions they need to ask.( The way she put they want a history of the baby from the time it as conceived to present.) only things the mother would know. We left it with Lorena to find out when her daughter could get off of work and then make the appointment with Esperanza Lopez. Joe we are still working on getting her tested without CRI. when I know some more I will report. Thanks

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
That would be a big help if she did. They only have room for so many kids in the CRI program. I would like to meet with Blanca.

Bill...I sent a PM to Mark.....I know he's pretty busy tomorrow with the christmas Party at the community center....but if you're in town this weekend, that might be a good place to meet her.