Deported Mexicans Social and Economic Effect on Puerto Penasco

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Personally???????????????????????
YES, PERSONALLY... as in my interpretation of the events after watching and studying the video twice. Your "personal" interpretation may be different.

What in the hell is your problem? You add nothing and do nothing put nitpick and criticize everybody on this forum. Why don't you take a vacation for two weeks?

And yes, your "alter ego" is banned as well. :-o

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Mis2810, Last night I told myself not to read this forum anymore, because it is so disappointing to me to see the selfish, egocentric, views of the majority of the contributors to this thread. I really didn't think that so many Arizonan would have the views expressed here. If the views expressed here are the majority views of the citizens of Arizona, we are doomed, as a caring, sharing people. You are the light shining in the darkness, so I will continue to read it because of you. For me you are the intelligent, enlightened voice. If you give up, write me on PM and I am done.
Hardly!!!!!

As someone else has posted on here.....your views have a basis in emotion.....the views expressed by some of us are based on the fact that laws are being broken.

I have no problem with immigration....I am an immigrant myself.....but it needs to be legal immigration. Congress seems to be able to adjust the various visa levels, for example, engineers/scientists, based on business pressure. Congress needs to be pressured to fix the system we have now. Come up with a guest worker program for those positions that us lazy americans don't want to do if that is required. Make sure those with visas don't stay illegally! Make the track to citizenship fair and less cumbersome...without the bureacratic mumbo jumbo! But fix the problem!

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
Smilin' Jack - You said something to the effect of "letting this ravenous drug culture into our country". That ravenous drug culture was already here - the cartels wouldn't be fighting over the drug routes if Americans were ravenous consumers of drugs.
mis - You are absolutely correct. It is a repeat of the prohibition era. The only thing that we have learned from history is that we don't learn from history. You cannot make illegal something that there is a popular demand for. I guess you can, but it doesn't reduce the market, only increasing the cost of the product, and makes a profitable market for those who choose to deal with something that is in demand, but illegal. Incredible tax-free profits for those dealing in illegal substances, while the government winks, while most of us legitimate, law-abiding souls pay confiscatory taxes on our earnings.

Colombia has been one of the top recipients of US foreign aid for "drug suppression". In spite of the billions of dollars we have sent to Colombia, the price of cocaine has gone down.

Change the status on these substances, removing the profit motive, and the problem goes away. The only problem is that doing so would eliminate a huge government bureaucracy, putting many federal agents out of work. Not a problem for me to save my tax dollars.

janetandclint

Well Known Member
In the hopes that legalization of drugs would reduce violence in both countries, I would support this. I think all our efforts should be in education and rehabilitation. Besides if people can drink alcohol if they chose, I think drugs should be a choice that people should be able to make. Of course, the law should hold all people responsible for driving not under influence of any substances, and if work places do not want workers that are using drugs, that will be their choice too.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
And Pan Left "happened" to be right there on 4th Ave with video so they could be the first with a specific instance against SB1070. Unfortunately, the Tucson Chief of Police Villasenor, who is against SB1070, said his officer did everything right in this case.
Reminds me of a "Drama Queen"

[video=youtube;CGnfKnfY6EM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnfKnfY6EM&feature=player_embedded[/video]