Deported Mexicans Social and Economic Effect on Puerto Penasco

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Geez... y'all beat this to death!

Personally, I'm fed up with reading/hearing tale of woe after tale of woe in the paper/media about all the poor illegal immigrants and their problems. Illegal is not a race and I'm tired of it being made to be a racist issue. It's not. Personally, I don't care if you're brown, white, yellow, green, or purple -- if you're here illegally, you should be deported. Why is that we, as Americans, are held to this much higher "holier-than-thou" standard by the rest of the world? Hell, in most other countries, if you're illegal you get a) shot; or b) beat nearly to death, robbed, then deported. Mexico (and the rest of the world, for that matter) should clean up their own damned corrupt backyards before they start pointing out any weeds in ours. Illegals here get treated with kid gloves. They wouldn't want to be an illegal in their own country!

mis2810

Personally, I'm fed up with reading/hearing tale of woe after tale of woe in the paper/media about all the poor illegal immigrants and their problems. Illegal is not a race and I'm tired of it being made to be a racist issue. It's not. Personally, I don't care if you're brown, white, yellow, green, or purple -- if you're here illegally, you should be deported. Why is that we, as Americans, are held to this much higher "holier-than-thou" standard by the rest of the world? Hell, in most other countries, if you're illegal you get a) shot; or b) beat nearly to death, robbed, then deported. Mexico (and the rest of the world, for that matter) should clean up their own damned corrupt backyards before they start pointing out any weeds in ours. Illegals here get treated with kid gloves. They wouldn't want to be an illegal in their own country!
In RockyPointJoe's famous last words: "You're rationalizing." Just because other countries treat them badly doesn't mean that we should! LOL Sorry Stuart, I couldn't help myself. :p

cheatka

I totally agree with you Stuart

I agree with you wholeheartedly, the US Gov has totally dropped the ball on this and now it has to be fixed and the fixing isn't going to be easy. We have to seal the border, then we have to issue work permits based on a person's ability to stay out of jail and off of welfare and then send the rest packing. Most of these people don't want citizenship (remember the Mex flags at the protest) so why offer it to them...work permits are fine if they are upstanding people..gang people need not apply.

mis2810

I agree with you wholeheartedly, the US Gov has totally dropped the ball on this and now it has to be fixed and the fixing isn't going to be easy. We have to seal the border, then we have to issue work permits based on a person's ability to stay out of jail and off of welfare and then send the rest packing. Most of these people don't want citizenship (remember the Mex flags at the protest) so why offer it to them...work permits are fine if they are upstanding people..gang people need not apply.
I completely agree with what you said. Getting it does is the rough part.

mis2810

Hummm, Wonder if "BUD LIGHT" sales are down in Arizona up in Penasco...
So funny that you say that. Last time we were down there my husband pointed out to me how all the Mexicans were drinking Bud Light and all the gringos were drinking Corona! LOL

playaperro

El Pirata
About 4 news crews were their

Yesterday we had an incident when a TPD officer pulled over a nicely dressed Mexican Girl. She had a Mexican driver license on her and they called the border patrol and they came with one of those dog catcher trucks and off to the immigration place on golf links. She had forgotten her laser visa at home. It took her family 4 hours to get her out of "JAIL".

Happened on 4 Ave in Tucson...

JanetandClint: Are you not driving through Arizona this summer because you are upset at SB1070? I didn't quite understand why you are driving north rather than through AZ.
First of all we are completely opposed to the law. Second we still drive through Arizona. But then my husband and I are "Anglos", so we don't expect to be stopped and asked for our id. Our daughters who were adopted in Mexico years ago are coming down from Alaska to meet us and we don't want them to have to drive through Arizona. Now in the end, they may decide to do so, but we have offered to meet them north of Arizona, where they want to meet us. They have lived a life in Washington State and Alaska in which they have not had to prove that they were American citizens because their skin is brown.

Wlhat part of the law don't people get???? The police aren't going to be stopping someone just based on their appearance and checking for ID.....it is only if they get stopped for some other violation. PLUS....that part of the law has an injunction against it until it get's resolved thru the court system. Everyone is so hyper about the "potential" abuse of the law when no one has demonstrated that there will actually be racial profiling.

Yeah.....yeah....yeah....the system is not perfect. I got stopped once at night coming back from Penasco right outside Ajo when I had my OLD chevy van. The "excuse" the sheriff used was that I was driving eratically and crossing the middle line.....I was not....and I was following the changing speed zones religiously, since I am well aware of the speed traps. The sheriff just wanted to look in my van to see if I was running drugs or "illegals"! Should I be screaming "vehicle profiling"??? :stir:

Anyone that is here legally with the laser visa, is required to carry it.....so...Boo Hoo.....she should have had it with her....and it cost her 4 hrs.

Don't break the law, and it is highly unlikely you will be stopped.....

mis2810

Yesterday we had an incident when a TPD officer pulled over a nicely dressed Mexican Girl. She had a Mexican driver license on her and they called the border patrol and they came with one of those dog catcher trucks and off to the immigration place on golf links. She had forgotten her laser visa at home. It took her family 4 hours to get her out of "JAIL".

That's exactly what I'm talking about!!!!! They see her and they say, "Oooh, looky there - we got ourselves a brown one!"

All this hub bub about SB1070....how about the ability of the Border Patrol to search you without a warrant within a specific distance of the border....I don't recall if it is 100 or 200 miles....this was discussed on here some time ago......why isn't someone making a stink about that????

How about the grief we have to go thru if we fly...going thru the security screening.....taking off shoes and belts, women having to make sure they have no underwired bras, ad nauseum!!!! You don't think there is profiling going on there....including racial profiling? Thank gawd I don't have to travel for work like I used to....

Playa....why was she pulled over to begin with? I'm sure there are plenty of nicely dressed Mexican girls (that are legal) driving around Tucson....oh stop....that's right, there are no nicely dressed mexican-american girls in Tucson!!!:hairout:

mis2810

All this hub bub about SB1070....how about the ability of the Border Patrol to search you without a warrant within a specific distance of the border....I don't recall if it is 100 or 200 miles....this was discussed on here some time ago......why isn't someone making a stink about that????

How about the grief we have to go thru if we fly...going thru the security screening.....taking off shoes and belts, women having to make sure they have no underwired bras, ad nauseum!!!! You don't think there is profiling going on there....including racial profiling? Thank gawd I don't have to travel for work like I used to....
I've never had a problem with my bra! LOL! Sorry, Joe, just trying to make a little funny out of this serious topic.

"Excuse me Ma'am. You're going to have to remove your bra and place it in the tray, please." :rofl:

playaperro

El Pirata
Yep she was driving "ERATICALLY"

Wlhat part of the law don't people get???? The police aren't going to be stopping someone just based on their appearance and checking for ID.....it is only if they get stopped for some other violation. PLUS....that part of the law has an injunction against it until it get's resolved thru the court system. Everyone is so hyper about the "potential" abuse of the law when no one has demonstrated that there will actually be racial profiling.

Yeah.....yeah....yeah....the system is not perfect. I got stopped once at night coming back from Penasco right outside Ajo when I had my OLD chevy van. The "excuse" the sheriff used was that I was driving eratically and crossing the middle line.....I was not....and I was following the changing speed zones religiously, since I am well aware of the speed traps. The sheriff just wanted to look in my van to see if I was running drugs or "illegals"! Should I be screaming "vehicle profiling"??? :stir:

Just like you driving eratically....

That's exactly what I'm talking about!!!!! They see her and they say, "Oooh, looky there - we got ourselves a brown one!"
Yeah right....in between the cops hitting the donut shop or taking naps under a tree or overpass, or molesting some woman they stopped for a dui to "work off" her crime, they have the time to go "looking" for some "brown one" to harass!!! PUHLEEEEZE!!!!:stir:

I've never had a problem with my bra! LOL! Sorry, Joe, just trying to make a little funny out of this serious topic.

"Excuse me Ma'am. You're going to have to remove your bra and place it in the tray, please." :rofl:
And if you're having trouble with the snap, I'd be glad to help you, ma'am!!!!:rofl:

I agree that it is a VERY serious topic....but most of these discussions go the route of hysteria about something that MAY happen.....

if a cop is shown to have broken the law (racial profiling), then prosecute the cop....don't go into a lather over something that hasn't happened. The same holds true for any law....

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel

this thread is still going strong;

so Playa was the "Nicely dressed" added by you or that was how this story was labeled by TUC news to add to the fray?
Is it legal to drive in Arizona with out a US drivers license? Did she have insurance? Was the car registered to her?

You need to provide a US drivers license, insurance and registration once stopped for an offense. I am sure this nice gal was not just stopped for her looks or nice Mexican looking dress. There must have been a traffic violation and then she failed to produce the required documents that WE all have to give the peace officer. DL. Reg. proof of insurance. This gives us the privilege not the right to drive here. Was it on TV? What is their link to hear the "rest of the story".

Off Topic.....but I always wondered about the insurance that the mexican drivers have when they visit the US LEGALLY. From what I know, and this could be wrong, Mexicans are required to carry auto insurance in Mexico. Foreign visitors are also required to carry at least liability insurance written on a mexican insurance company (Rosy has gone thru the specifics on this forum a few times).

So, does the mexican insurance the mexicans have on their vehicles cover them for liability in the US????. I have seen a couple of agencies on the mexican side of the border selling what appears to be insurance for the US. I wonder how many stop to buy it? If it does not, aren't all of them breaking AZ law?

BTW....many countries have reciprocity of some kind when it comes to driver's licenses....although in Europe, I believe you need to get an international license of some sort....it's a formality of paying the fee if you have a valid US state driver's license.

MIRAMAR

Janetandclint,
Believe me, just because your kids are of Mexican descent doesn't mean they're going to be pulled over. If that were the case, 1/3 of the state would be showing their papers or in jail. I have friends who were born in Mexico and live in Tucson, many of my friends are latino, along with my aunt who is Costa Rican but now an American citizen, and they are all in favor of the law and not worried about getting asked for ID.

I thought you were refusing to drive through AZ because of your disagreement with the law and I was going to point out, if you want to make it to Penasco, it would be a long and dangerous drive through Juarez to Penasco just to avoid AZ.

My husband was driving back from Penasco last year in our Chevy Astro van- favorite of drug smugglers, and he was pulled over about half way from Penasco to Sonoyta. When asked why he was pulled over, the police said they thought he was smuggling guns, aliens or drugs. He had to show them his "papers"- AKA FM3, and he showed them he had the tools to prove he was working on our house. Even though he was legal in Mexico, he didn't take offense to that, and we haven't boycotted Mexico.