dining specials

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ hooked again !!!

~~~ ~~~ "Mr. Happy's" ~~~ ~~~

~~~ Stuart, baby, ~~~ you don't have to call me ~~~ 'Mr" ~~~ just because I put the ~~~ HOOK ~~~ to you, OVER & OVER !!!

~~~ Come & get it, :fish: y , :fish: Y , :fish: y ,

~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

MIRAMAR

AZ Rob, we love Blue Marlin also- my husband loves the garlic flounder and I love the grilled (not fried) flounder or shrimp tacos. Homero rocks.

garyd

Bryan's has Prime Rib on Friday nights for 9.99. They start serving at 7 and when it's gone, it's gone. Go at 6 and put your order in. It comes with salad, bread, baked potato and steamed veggies. Be really hungry! It's yummy! Portofino's has all you can eat pasta on Thursdays; I think it's 7.99. Lolita's has a breakfast buffet on Sat and Sunday; I think it's 8.99. I'll think of more later...............Oh, Los Juanes used to have a breakfast buffet on the weekends but I think they've also gone out of business...:-(

I haven't been to the Black Dog since Steve owned it. I wasn't much of a fan of that place myself.............
Is the prime rib friday or Saturday

garyd

Here are a few restaurants that I am familiar with on a first hand basis. Not an all inclusive list by a long shot.

Bryans Sports Bar, on Fremont -Open 7 days. Chicken Wings, Wed. Night - It is always packed by locals for this. Chinese Food Tuesdays. Prime Rib Fri. 7 or so big screen TVs, popular with the locals. Can be a little loud. Indio on Tap.

Hacienda Las Fuentes - Open Thurs - Sun Sunday night 2 for 1 New Mexican Specialties. This is by far the nicest restaurant in Penasco for my dollar. No sea view but the inside is superior. Food is tasty, menu is typical. Large restaurant, great for large groups, call for reservations if so.

Capones on Sinaloa off Fremont in the Mirador. Has been open Thursday thru Sunday. Huge menu, including a good Pizza and a variety of fresh fish. Excellent lasagna, Crab Ravioli. Good selection of beer on tap including Porter. Lots of big screen TV's showin sports, boxing. Very popular with ex-pats and US visitors.

Porto Fino Open, at least late in ther week and weekends. Very good Fruti de Mari, Clams and Jeeper loves the steak!

Marys Coctaleria on the Malecon. Open 7 days a week 265 days a year. The best Shrimp dishes in town. Try the sea food soup, delicioso.

Con Flavio on the Malecon. Not positive about days and hours, but they seem to be open every day. Good selection of Mexican foor and local shrimp dishes.

Mar Blu Bistro first street back from the Malecon, across and down the block from La Roca Hotel. CAnnot report days and hours.

El Sombrero Calle 13, Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nice menu of typical dishes, Mexican food, shrimp, Tacos. Food has been good for me.

Max's Grille pen 7 days a week till 9 or so. My favorite, good food and good friendly service in a cozy bar. End of Calle 13 across from the Del Sol Hotel. Very popular breakfast spot. Opens fairly early. Has regular but unpredictable specials. Pasta night, all you can eat 5 different sauses, pretty good. Good Pizza, great hamburger, fish and chicken dishes. Never had a bad meal here.

Micky is open somewhere out on condo Row, Can't recall where.

Changos On condo row. Don't know the hours

Blue Marlin Half block off the Malecon on the same street as Thrifty Ice Cream. Open 6 days 10:30 to 9:30, closed Wednesdays. Food has been excellent with good service.

Mare Blu Ristorante 383-0605 At the end of Sandy Beach, Open 7 days 5 to 10:30. Italian and continental food. Everyone reports excellent fooda nd service.

La Cocina de Ramon Restaurante 388-5362 Between Benito Juarez and Josefa. Open 6 days, 8 AM to 9PM Sun-Thursday, 8-10 Fri & Sat, closed Tuesday.

La Cocina de Ramon II At the Sonoran Sea Resort. Closed Tues & Wed. Dont have the hours.
Is Prime Rib Friday or Saturday

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Fixed - Change Sat. to Fri. in your post and the quote. Thanks for the list!

tortuga

I had two friends go to La Curva yesterday, one for breakfast and one for dinner. Looks like they are still open.

Roberto

The Black Dog has a sign on the street "Open for Business" this morning. Joe will confirm that when he comes down so you will have it from a reliable observer, not a biased one.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I for one sure would not like to see La Curve close. We eat ther many times a year , to a point they recognize us, and have been doing so for many many years. My experience has always been good food and good service at reasonable prices. Ok but here is a piss off Happy note. Happy, you must have a stomache like a baby if their food makes you sick. I find it dificult to understand how any one person can be so negative about so many things. Try being, as your handle says, " HAPPY " for a while and you may find life can be so nice. Please do not even respond as I know it will, as usual ,be negative I never read negative crap or gad news. As in this post I responded to someone saying they thought they were still open.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
I for one sure would not like to see La Curve close. We eat ther many times a year , to a point they recognize us, and have been doing so for many many years. My experience has always been good food and good service at reasonable prices. Ok but here is a piss off Happy note. Happy, you must have a stomache like a baby if their food makes you sick. I find it dificult to understand how any one person can be so negative about so many things. Try being, as your handle says, " HAPPY " for a while and you may find life can be so nice. Please do not even respond as I know it will, as usual ,be negative I never read negative crap or gad news. As in this post I responded to someone saying they thought they were still open.
Bill, ~ ~ ~ from your post it is VERY obvious that you know absolutely NOTHING about a GOOD MEXICAN DISH, ~~~ you're just another "typical" gringo ~ ~ ~ and there is NOTHING wrong w/my stomach !!! I grew up in a mexican household, ( of which I am one ) with REALLY GOOD HOME MADE MEXICAN DISHES, ~ ~ ~ so don't try to convince anyone here that you know something about Mexican Dishes, ~ ~ ~ you want to see just WHO has a stomach like a "BABY" ~~~ sit down with me @ a real mexican table covered w/ the hottest food you will find, ~ ~ ~ you will be crying for your mama in 30 seconds, ~ ~ ~
& for your info, I am a VERY HAPPY person, far from a negative ~ ~ ~ you & others here just don't like how I tell it like it is, ~ ~ ~ Bill, ~~~ you know about as much about mexican food ~ ~ ~ as you know about fishing & FISHING BOATS ~~~ absolutely ~ ~ ~ NOTHING, ~ ~ ~ the proof is in those two ~ ~ ~ PIECES OF SHIT you just bought, ~ ~ ~ I can't believe that you would put your wife in one of those, ~ ~ ~ THINGS, ~ ~ ~ run along now, ~ ~ ~ La Curva just opened for lunch,

Good day to you Bill, your friend, ~ ~ ~ HAPPY

HAPPY

User is currently banned
And another thing Bill, you can quit asking about my boat, ~~~ I wouldn't put it in your hands if you offered me ~~~ TWICE what I'm asking PERIOD ~ ~ ~

Again, have a good day Bill, ~~~ your friend ~~~ HAPPY

Last edited:
Bill, ~ ~ ~ from your post it is VERY obvious that you know absolutely NOTHING about a GOOD MEXICAN DISH, ~~~ you're just another "typical" gringo ~ ~ ~ and there is NOTHING wrong w/my stomach !!! I grew up in a mexican household, ( of which I am one ) with REALLY GOOD HOME MADE MEXICAN DISHES, ~ ~ ~ so don't try to convince anyone here that you know something about Mexican Dishes, ~ ~ ~ you want to see just WHO has a stomach like a "BABY" ~~~ sit down with me @ a real mexican table covered w/ the hottest food you will find, ~ ~ ~ you will be crying for your mama in 30 seconds, ~ ~ ~
& for your info, I am a VERY HAPPY person, far from a negative ~ ~ ~ you & others here just don't like how I tell it like it is, ~ ~ ~ Bill, ~~~ you know about as much about mexican food ~ ~ ~ as you know about fishing & FISHING BOATS ~~~ absolutely ~ ~ ~ NOTHING, ~ ~ ~ the proof is in those two ~ ~ ~ PIECES OF SHIT you just bought, ~ ~ ~ I can't believe that you would put your wife in one of those, ~ ~ ~ THINGS, ~ ~ ~ run along now, ~ ~ ~ La Curva just opened for lunch,

Good day to you Bill, your friend, ~ ~ ~ HAPPY
Happy....I think you should really take a good look at yourself in the internet mirror! You come across as a cantankerous, old coot....pissed off at the entire world.....and making fun of everyone you come in contact with! I've heard from several people who have met you that you are a very nice person...it sure as hell doesn't come across with the posts on here. I may not be the swiftest person in the world...but your humor on here frequently comes across as childish garbage!

And yeah, I know exactly what I frequently do on here...I yank chains, stir the pot, etc.....but I try to not be a nasty SOB on here. Sometimes I fail...everyone is human, but I think that has been very rare!

I guess now I'll have 2 people totally pissed off at me..........

HAPPY

User is currently banned
rocky I don't have to look in any godamn mirror, ~~~ judging from your post ~~~ it's very obvious, that, ~~~ that is what you are seeing every morning, ~~~ decribes you to a TEE, ~ ~ ~ & I would never call you a ~~~ SOB, ~ ~ ~ but I understand that, that is the class you are in, ~ ~ ~ you MUST be TOTALLY miserable w/yourself, ~~~ now go back to the mirror, ~~~ & have a good look see, ~ ~ ~ spend some time there my friend, ~~~ & try, really try to improve your self!!!!!!!!!!! ~ ~ ~ & you can say ~ ~ ~ SOB, SOB, all day long to yourself, ~ ~ ~ & no one will see the true ~~~ racky, ~~~ I mean rocky :~)

BTW I'm not totally pissed off @ you, ~ ~ ~ I'm just laughing my ass off ~ ~ ~ & considering the sources !!!!!!!!!!!

JA, JA JA JA JA JA JA

WHOA, leave the board for a couple of weeks...Seriously? Manny's, Black Dog and La Curva are all shut down for good?
EDIT: OK, just read more on this thread, so Black Dog and La Curva ARE still open?

Last edited:
WHOA, leave the board for a couple of weeks...Seriously? Manny's, Black Dog and La Curva are all shut down for good?
There are posts that indicate that La Curva and Black Dog are still open....but yes, Manny's is closed and up for sale....the Tequila Factory is still open.