Do you have more than $2000 in cash?

Kenny

Moore said..I have never found the US (or the Mexican) border agents to be overly hostile- and remember, I have been handcuffed and detained by them- numerous times.
I also remember that very recently you said, to paraphrase, it's not very bright to piss of people with guns.

Kenny

I disagree with you on some points, but I enjoy reading your posts. I think you're giving Eduardo too much credit. The thoughts you ascribe to him here aren't reflected in anything he's written.
He started instant messaging me using a lot of vulgar Mexican slang curse words as if I was living at white fence in east LA, and when I told him that though I only know a little Spanish, I didn't appreciate being called those names. He said that they were words that good friends in Mexico called each other in greeting, and I promptly greeted him with the same words in English, and then some. He then started in on me about how I must be lying about how long I've been going down to Mexico because my Spanish was so poor. I then greeted him in English (with his rules) as if he was my very best long lost friend.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I guess it was my mind that said they weren't to bright. Your spin on it the other day had you in denial, I guess LOL You said
Ok, against my better judgement, I'm going to go ahead and take a stab at this...

You are contrasting the fact that I said "pissing off dudes with guns...? yeah, not my thing." with the fact that I have been handcuffed and detained by them- numerous times.

Correct?

Is that correlation you are trying to make? that I was "pissing off dudes with guns" and that's why I was cuffed and detained...?

If so, then understand that even during the events where I was asked to exit my truck, and was then handcuffed and detained, it was NEVER because I was behaving un-cooperatively with the BP Agents.

In fact- in all 4 instances where I was cuffed and detained, I was THANKED by them on my way out for being cooperative, and for my patience as they performed their duties...

Does this clear things up?

He started instant messaging me using a lot of vulgar Mexican slang curse words as if I was living at white fence in east LA, and when I told him that though I only know a little Spanish, I didn't appreciate being called those names. He said that they were words that good friends in Mexico called each other in greeting, and I promptly greeted him with the same words in English, and then some. He then started in on me about how I must be lying about how long I've been going down to Mexico because my Spanish was so poor. I then greeted him in English (with his rules) as if he was my very best long lost friend.
Aw, c'mon, guys! No credit to me for having called it? What did you do to attract such attention, Kenny? I'm starting to think this crap is cyclical...and clinical

Kenny

Ok, against my better judgement, I'm going to go ahead and take a stab at this...

You are contrasting the fact that I said "pissing off dudes with guns...? yeah, not my thing." with the fact that I have been handcuffed and detained by them- numerous times.

Correct?

Is that correlation you are trying to make? that I was "pissing off dudes with guns" and that's why I was cuffed and detained...?

If so, then understand that even during the events where I was asked to exit my truck, and was then handcuffed and detained, it was NEVER because I was behaving un-cooperatively with the BP Agents.

In fact- in all 4 instances where I was cuffed and detained, I was THANKED by them on my way out for being cooperative, and for my patience as they performed their duties...

Does this clear things up?
Is that this what you said to yourself right before you were "detained"? LOL
As you well know ,"un-cooperatively" is a matter of judgment. What you consider to be cooperating, might not be someone else idea of what that means.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Funny, Robert, I didn't see...don't see...the similarity between you and Eduardo that you apparently do. I didn't get that he's a "freedom loving Gringo" at all. Nor even much of a conspiracy theorist like you. Certainly a bit paranoid, but he's too scattered in his thoughts to be able to follow (much less formulate) a conspiracy idea, which tend to be complicated. He also strikes me as being mean-spirited
I disagree with you on some points, but I enjoy reading your posts. I think you're giving Eduardo too much credit.

I think you are correct. :cheers:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hmmm..... that must make me "American-Mexican", si? No, that can't be, because I get the distinct impression that a great many people on "that side" of the imaginary line simply see me as a living ATM. Cops in Sonoyta see my big fancy boat, and the ticket books and the radar guns stand at the ready, while "locals" go flying past me on the right-shoulder at 60mph.

To me, "Outsiders" are awesome.

I don't know if "Eduardo" is really "Edward" (the way "Roberto" is really "Bob"), but I do know that nothing differentiates PEOPLE on either side of the border other than native language, possibly skin color, and the presence or lack of a Social Security number.

You all need to cut Eduardo a break- he's just another "whacky conspiracy theorist" who can't understand why he is not allowed to travel wherever he would choose to go, without having to interact with the armed "Defenders of Liberty" along the way.

It's not an unfair question, is it?

Now, I'm not defending his BEHAVIOR - Just as I find pastor Steve and his famous youtube videos to be crass and juvenile, so do I fail to understand the logic of taking one's disdain for the state of the legal and judicial system, and focusing it against individual people... especially minions who probably have not spent 5 minutes trying to understand WHY they even have a "job" in the first place.

I have never found the US (or the Mexican) border agents to be overly hostile- and remember, I have been handcuffed and detained by them- numerous times.

Acouple are a little more "gung-ho" than they probably need to be, but that is a condition of youthful exuberance intensified by the gun strapped to their hip.

Eduardo- you are NEVER going to get a Border Patrol agent to look you in the eye and say "You're right. Why am I doing this?" and then walk away and quit their job; especially by being uncooperative or "righteous" in your open and transparent indignation toward them.

And Rosie- You have to forgive all us crazy, freedom loving Gringos for not wanting to see the same kind of uniformed checkpoints HERE that we (and you) have been forced to live with with THERE.

I would personally rather see the Mexican checkpoints done away with, rather than seeing the US hold them up as an example of "best practices"

If the USA is supposed to represent the PROGRESSIVE way FORWARD for the world (thanks for the keywords, all you Demopublican liberals), then how is taking police, patrol, and enforcement examples from "backward third world nations" (other people's words, not mine) a true and valid example of "forward progress"?

The USA- leading the world in the quest for liberty, by doing the same ass-backward things everyone else is doing.

ooo-rah.

I need an autographed photo of Moore! This guy! What a hero.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I need an autographed photo of Moore! This guy! What a hero.

I'm too paranoid give out my signature- I'm afraid you would give it to Jerry, and then he'd take it and start forging checks and draining my bottomless checking account...

:lol:

Kenny

Called it a troll...a Mexican-American troll. Wait a minute...I'm assuming the pm messages you got were from Eduardo and not from Robert? Maybe I didn't call it.
I don't know what I'd call him Rosie, but if he was just guessing when he put in his two cents about how things worked in Mexico he could have batted at least 500, but as it was he was wrong most of the time. Did you know you can cut (copy) and past Pm's? Yep you can, and I have a few on file I'm saving for Christmas presents.:p

Kenny only PM's me about fishing stuff.... :cool:
You guys PM about fishing? Shoot...I feel kinda like I did the first time I saw a lawyer of mine having a friendly chat with the opposing lawyer! What a betrayal that is to the rest of us who are taking sides and placing bets!

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
HAHAHAHAHAH....

Well then, I hope you don't think even less of me when you hear I also PM Roberto from time to time...

:lol:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I usually see PM's from Bob (with links to articles) on days when the weather in Penasco is not ideal... so I know where this falls on his list of priorities (as it should be)
Heck- he went through the trouble to make a forum post about where my boat was parked, but didn't bother to swing into the restaurant to say hi :think: