El Homeport(the fish rots from the head)Penasco Digital report

jerry

Well Known Member
Well ...maybe not so fast....The new tourism secretary stated all Federal projects would be completed....no mention of El stupido Homeport...but and this is wild he says the nautical ladder will be completed! A way better idea in the first place that was just a graft laden mess in it's
early years

playaperro

El Pirata
Like Jason in Friday the 13th it fnng cant be killed…good pro side view…I personally say go for it as I don't believe in science…magical thinking is cool! https://sonorastar.com/2021/06/22/alcances-del-home-port-de-puerto-penasco/ playa perro ,Jerry and Mexico Joe we will have a drink at the end of it one day….in ruins or finished!
Jaja sounds good Jerry, but unfortunately this project will never come to fruition.
What happened to Kenny haven’t seen him on here?

Old55

Well Known Member
Jaja sounds good Jerry, but unfortunately this project will never come to fruition.
What happened to Kenny haven’t seen him on here?
I think you have me mixed up with Jerry, that communist from Bowie….I am a Rino from Beaufort Sc stuck under this Arizona/Sonora heat lamp for the next two years…..but will say hello for you….my ST landlord for the next two months ( cheap!) while he eats smoke in McCall id……Kenny? Never heard of him….

playaperro

El Pirata
I think you have me mixed up with Jerry, that communist from Bowie….I am a Rino from Beaufort Sc stuck under this Arizona/Sonora heat lamp for the next two years…..but will say hello for you….my ST landlord for the next two months ( cheap!) while he eats smoke in McCall id……Kenny? Never heard of him….
Sorry About that, I have run into Jerry here in Tucson at a plant sale of all places but I will be down next weekend to go look at the Encantame Palace before the prices are 699k.
Maybe get together if anyone down was good friends with Roberto.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I'll be there next week Playa....

Checking up on my Vaquita skeleton at Salinas Point then head back south to see what Capitan Scotty has been killing offshore from Santo Tomas. Maybe document another thirty or forty murdered dead Ridley's washed up since the last first of July on that stretch of playa. Maybe dig out a dozen or so burrowing rock Piddocks with my rock hammer from the intertidal clay beds south of ST on our way to El Desemboque then meet up with our shrimp cartel buddies and get a few kilos Godzillas Azul for home and the barbie later in Mirador.

Gotta performance Jeep? Maybe you might want to tag along.

JJ

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Jungle Jim, is there really a vaquita skeleton in Salinas? They're smart animals and it seems if they're getting trapped in San Felipe, they would move to Penasco, where they used to be sighted. I hope there are more in Bahia San Jorge

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Yes Miramar....

We see three sometimes four or five Vaquitas every time we make that beach run. Have been seeing them there for many years now. The one that I mentioned we found fresh dead on a receding tide about three miles south from the fish camp at the tip of the point. It had been killed by a boat prop. It was a juvenile about three and a half feet long. I took it into the dunes, buried it and marked the spot with some ancient Indian fire pit rocks and conch shells, a photo and the GPS on my phone. I check up on it every time we venture out there. It's been there for three years now. The Coyotes dig around it but have not pulled it away from my marker. It is fairly stripped of all meat now by the Dermestid Beetles. I plan on bringing it home next year to display in my backyard skull and bones carnal pit.

I mentioned it to one of the so called "scientists" at CEDO this past spring. He said they have several reports of Vaquitas in that area but have not had time to verify it themselves. They have a nice one there all bleached out and articulated but not for public display for some reason. He wasn't particularly interested in my story though????

I think the population that lives there in the shallows between Isla San Jorge and Salinas Point have probably always been there with no connection at least in modern times with the San Felipe population and have never been part of the bycatch related to the netting of the Giant White Sea Bass.

Later,

JJ

Old55

Well Known Member
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
Good to hear from the couch Rambo section but back to the story: it is all still just boosterism talk for now.The national government have not committed hard cash yet.

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The new Sonoran Governor is still trying to figure out where the Peso's are going to come from. Traditionally the previous
administration's spends/steals any Peso's still in the treasury before the next regime comes in.
The cruise port has many obstacles in it's way, so don't hold your breath.

Old55

Well Known Member
Guaymas is the better choice.This is a crumb thrown this way for a few stray votes but the big money goes there and the road improvements headed toward the new Biden Infrastructure Douglas Az port of entries