Fresh vegetables

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Now how cool is this! I cannot WAIT until Oct. when I am retired!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys all rock!

All ideas starting to sound great. The publisher one would work great. And making it available to download in PDF with PAYPAL with all proceeds going to your favorite PP charity. Lets do this

Real quick before I go out snorkeling................YOU GUYS ARE WAY TOO COOL!!!! Sign up for the class at Mickey's restaurant..........I don't know if he does them every Saturday or every other Saturday or what, I just know I'll be there whenever I can!!!!!

There are many online "self-publishing" sites....where you only pay when you print.... here's a link to one (for a calendar)... http://www.lulu.com/publish/calendars/fundraising_calendar/

There are enough "photographers" on here that can provide decent Penasco material.... Why not combine it with a calendar or a tide calendar???(not trying to suggest taking business away from someone putting out one already!!)

I missed out this year getting one of those great tide calendars early , and then couldn't find one in town.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I think the idea of combining the recipes with the pictures is great, however since this seems like it will be a Rocky Point Talk Cook Book, I believe it is only fair to use pictures taken my forum members and make the whole thing a forum effort rather than using already used pictures that someone else used for a contest, do not get me wrong some beautiful pictures from the RP Calendar but let make this a forum effort 100%.
A couple of years back I bought a small book, maybe 30 pages, about El Golfo de Santa Clara paid at the paypal button and got it download in seconds, the only problem was that it only had one format and if you did not had the software for it you were stuck, so will need to make it so anybody can view it and print it with any type of software.
I know as much of computers as I do of heart surgery, but I am sure a few here can understand what I am trying to say and possibly explain it better.

PS: jumped in the water at around 8 am it was perfect and refreshing, I am in Tucson right now remembering but tomorrow will bne down again enjoying the waters!! :eek3:

Last edited:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Ink, I like that idea even better. Us forumers (ha, I made up a new word) ... at least we know who we can count on! Let's get everybody who contributed to the Fun Run!!!!:cheers:

not sure what the fun run is.......

but I will surely contribute to the effort. I have a software called Adobe Acrobat Pro on my work PC. I am an IT guy (computer Tech) and have access to all kinds of cool stuff. It's as simple as creating your document in word pad or note pad or Office Word. I can convert almost any kind of document or picture into .PDF format. Adobe reader is a free download and even Mac users can get it. Once its in PDF, post it on the site here or somewhere it can be downloaded for a nominal paypal fee.
Even if its not a big $$$ generator, what ever is made can go to what ever charity in PP you like. Maybe list a few on the site and if people know what it is for, then they wouldn't mind paying 10-15 even 20 for something. I am open to what ever you all would like to do and here to help with any techie stuff.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I hope we can make it an international cook book since there are a few of us here that are not all 100% USA or Mexican and I good mix could make it a good seller!! and also I have seen some cool pictures from members and we can always add new ones as they come, but I was thinking something to the effect of a picture for the recipe, whether it is a picture of the plate in question or a pictures that reminds you of that particular plate!, like for those dirty minded a ........never mind!! :eek3:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well Tequilatodd, I was going more for, let's see since I am from Peru, I know more peruvian dishes than mexican or american and have some good italian recipes too and a couple middle eastern ones, and many here also have some from grandma recipes from the old country, you know what I mean a nice variety that way we can keep Johnny ~~~HAPPY~~~!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Todd,
There are a few on here that are not Mexican, Ink is Peruvian and Edna is German, off the top of my head. I think we should make it open to all family favorites. I'm a bonafide hillbilly and I have so many family favorites that I can't pare them down......I don't know how we will decide who gets in or if we have 500 recipes, if we can put them all in. I just think it will be fun!!!!!!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Tyler/Stuart, I was wondering if there could be some type of a folder or thread where we could start collecting these recipes, read only type and/or only for those that contribute until it is done and put together before going on sale?

I agree 100% with both of you. I wasn't sure where this was going. And I really don't know anyone here. I had posted on the old forum and made few friends. I just latched onto this idea because I love to cook. Mexican food was my first thought since we are a "RockyPoint" based forum. But I am open any kind of food. I have a pretty good collection of recipies and like you all.....they are from all around the globe. Mexican cooking is my first love..then Italian.
Can Tyler make a cook book topic for us to post the recipies?

Tyler/Stuart, I was wondering if there could be some type of a folder or thread where we could start collecting these recipes, read only type and/or only for those that contribute until it is done and put together before going on sale?
You beat me to it Inka

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I'm not sure that if we post the recipes on here, we won't have much of a market to sell to cuz people will just come here to get them. Can we find another place to collect them?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I'm not sure that if we post the recipes on here, we won't have much of a market to sell to cuz people will just come here to get them. Can we find another place to collect them?
I know that is why I added the part to be accesible to those that contribute only, so far tequilatodd's idea sounds pretty good!! we need to discuss more about this an probably better not on a holiday weekend so be can think straight instead of how many beers i'll be drinking tonight?ha, ha, ha I'm getting ready to leave town in the next 30 minutes, so I will see you guys down, for those going down and I will talk to the rest when I am back or at the computer next!! ta ta

I think we could compile them here.....read the new thread about the cook book. Someone was thinking about everyone who contributes, contributes a small amount for printing and binding costs then market them in RP with the proceeds going to charity. I am sure a lot of RP visitors would find that a great cause. Also, posting here for members only, but posting at another site where you pay to download