Fresh vegetables

mis2810

mis2810, I just checked the Rocky Point Tides website and the recipe is still there. You have to go back a ways, but it is worth it to see all the other recipes and especially the pictures! It is called Pollo el Carbon. The shrimp in garlic sauce is also to die for! If you can't find it, let me know. I copied it to add to my recipe book and I will send it to you...but enjoy the browsing on that web site!:grin:
Ooh, shrimp in garlic sauce. I've got to check this out. I'm going to copy the recipes too. Thanks!!!!

I got the recipe for the onions right from one of the ladies at Pollo Lucas.

Slice up a red onion very thinly. Add white vinegar, add salt. The amount of vinegar and salt depend on how much onion you're making. There's no exact ratio, but there should be enough liquid to almost cover the onions. I add the salt a little at a time, and I keep tasting it - when you hit the right amount you'll know it. I make them in a tupperware bowl, cover them give 'em a good shake and then put them in the fridge for a while. They'll need at least a couple of hours to be ready, but they last in the fridge like that for a couple of weeks at a time.

The last time I made them I added about a dash of sugar also - just to take out a little acidity. That's all there is to it!
:chef: Yes, putting in sugar makes them quite tastey. That is the Yucatan recipe for them and I just love how they turn all nice and red. I blanch them in boiling water for about 30-60 sec and then put them in ice water right away. I'll put up the link I have for the recipe I have used
I can't wait to go back Pollo Lucas

I just finished eating, but you guys are making me hungary again!!! I signed up for Mickey's cooking class on Saturday..............this should be a lot of fun. He seems like a really, really nice guy. I dropped off the chefs coats and pants that I wanted to donate to the cooking school here and he said he'd take me over there so I could drop them off personally, but I didn't want to impose on him........................some other time maybe!! Anyway, he said he'd take them to the school and was very appreciative. Can't wait till Saturday!!!!!!!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
You think just reading about it makes you hungry, try looking at the pictures of the recipes on Rocky Point Tides. They are magnificent! I think I gained 5 pounds just by browsing!:eek3:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Sheryl
That blue cheese steak sandwich thing really caught my eye. I'm gonna try that someday!

maybe start a thread just dedicated to "Our Favorite Rocky Point Recipies" or something like that. Then we can find a way to put it into print form. Not sure how you would distribute (sell) it.

I would be happy to try to put together an event to cover some or all of the costs... like maybe the Thanksgiving Bird Island trip???

I would be up for just about anything that involves PP. The cookbook idea sounds fun as well as a great charity. My wifes grandmother buy us a cookbook just about every year that is sold for some sort of charity.
And we have kicked around the idea of spending Thanksgiving in PP.

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Wow, what costs? You mean like publishing? I was just thinking we could do it like with a desktop publisher. I hadn't thought about trying to market it out of our forum. I suppose we could put some books out at the Tourism bureau and other places..... Lots to think about!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I can put the book together in hard copy. I have plenty of recipes and we are currently writing a book about Penasco if you all wan help to put a effort together Naomi and I are here

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Or we could post it online and people could use PayPal or credit cards to buy! Then they could download it and we wouldn't have any overhead except whatever it takes to set up payments!