Fresh vegetables

I bought some vegetables at Ley's a few weeks ago (just a cuc and radishes) and wanted to look at their selection a little closer, but the store was quite busy, so I just got what I needed and left. I know most of the fruiteria's have great fruit, but what about vegetables?? What I'm interested in is green pepper, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, purple cabbage, carrots, celery and potatoes. I know they're readily available, but is there one particular place where I can purchase all of the above and it's good?? (Other than Ley's?) The cucumber and radishes were o.k., the selection of vegies was o.k., but nothing looked real fresh to me. But then again, I'm used to the stores here, so is what Ley's has pretty comparable to what the stands have??
Btw, glad to hear the jellyfish seem to be gone..............just bought new snorkel, coming down Tuesday and don't want to have to deal with those little buggers again!!!

playaperro

El Pirata
Beachgirl when I make my run for stuff i go North on sinaloa from fremont, first stop two 5 gallons of water at the water station, next door tortillas and keep going and before the first stop sign is
the fruits and veggies. Then its off to the modelo store off josepha.

Last edited:
Beachgirl when I make my run for stuff i go North on sinaloa from fremont, first stop two 5 gallons of water at the water station, next door totillas and keep going and before the first stop sign is
the fruits and veggies. Then its off to the modelo store off josepha.
That place seems to have a good crowd of customers every time I go by (the vegetable place...not the Modelo store)....

I know exactly where you're talking about and that's great because I need tortilla's too!! But, do they have most of what I need??

Trick??????? I don't want to have to do a lot of running around looking for everything, so that's great.................I'll definitely check them out. Thanks!! Not that the price matters that much, but does anyone know if the prices are comparable to that of Tucson stores or markets??

Julie... have you tried the produce at "Santa Fe Market"... it used to be Super Val... we shop there, although they may not have as many items as Super Ley, it is much nicer more organized and also cleaner than Super Ley...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Hey Julie, I give you my vegie tales, so if you find the thread about the meat store "Cedasa" across from Rocky Import kiddy corner to Telmex, just find the tall red and white telephone tower in town by benito juarez, anyway as you go north on the street where Rocky Imports is located, past it RI and, sorry, one or two blocks north make a right turn, you can only make a right turn in that particular street and half way down the block on the right hand side there is a produce distributor that sales to the public, it is a white building, prices are great a lot cheaper that Super ley, and much nicer looking produce, they also have eggs, cheese and a big smile always!! it is a little comfusing but I can show you this coming weekend as in the July 4th weekend if you want me to

Hi Julie, I know nothing about where to buy fruits and veggies, but thought I'd come over to your thread and make an appearance. Hugs, Rosie