Gyros at El Greco's..?

Just found out about this while sitting at a stoplight, some old dude came up from behind me and scared the BeeGee's outta me when he handed me the business card for this place.... I Love Gyro's... this could become life threatening if they're good...
and they have Baklava for dessert....

They're located in Plaza La Marina across the street from Hotel Penasco Del Sol.... Will report when I return...

Oh this is going to be dangerous.... Barb and I both ordered the Gyro Combo Special (gyro, fries and drink)... and unbelievable for as picky of an eater Barb is, she ate the whole thing, in the same amount of time it took me to eat two... OOOOMMPA!!!

For our 2 Gyro Combo Specials and 1 extra Gyro the bill was $20. and the Gyros are BIG... I'm just a Pig when it comes to Gyros...

The place on the inside is very clean and very basic except for the Marlin hanging on the wall above the entry to the kitchen (Louie loves to fish)... "Louie Xourafas" the owner is a real joy to chat with... he waits the tables wearing his little El Greco's uniform (matching light blue hat & polo shirt with a white apron)

They are located directly below the Sunset Cantina... He's only been open for 12 days now so.... Please, stop in and say Hi... give Louie's Gyros a try... and tell him Mark & Barb sent ya

Last edited:
He's just been getting locals so far, not much tourist traffic as yet and not much action from Spring Breakers.... I was totally pleased and enjoyed the Gyros very much.... I'll be doing my best to keep him in business...

Kea

Sounds good. Please work hard to keep him open until at least late April / early May! I'm holding you & Barb responsible. Then we'll do our part when we get there!

AZ ROB

Never thought I would look forward to going to Penasco to eat a Gyro. But I guess any reason is a good reason.. Atleast that is the reason I will give the wife

I think this is a good day to stop in and sea Louie for a Gyro.... If you haven't tried the Gyros yet, what are you waiting for..? You Should....

AZ ROB

We stopped by Max's for Breakfeast on Friday and made it a point to come back for a Gyro in the afternoon.. You are right Mark this is the Best Gyro in Rocky Point.. Actually it was probably one of the best Gyros I have had in a long time.. Just wish they put the Feta on the sandwich and not as a side for an extra 3 bucks.

Rob... I get a Gyro and a Greek salad and take some of the Feta from the salad and put it on the Gyro... the salads by the way are great too... Hey it's Monday... that means it's Greek night at our place... yummie..!