Gyros at El Greco's..?

Kea

Two great tastes that might just taste great together!
Although not sure about the tzatziki sauce on al pastor. Nope, not gonna go there.

Think I'm gonna spload... just had a Gyro, Greek Salad and Stuffed Grape Leaves... then Louie came out and gave us extra Stuffed Grape Leaves and French Fries... Great Stuff...

Tonight, Louie's wife Kim told us that they will cook a Special Sunday Lamb Dinner for you with all the fixings for around $10 per person... but you must call in your order in advance by Saturday (four person minimum order)

Mx. Ph: 638-112-9692
US. Ph: 602-910-0724

jerry

Bandit's Lamb - Arnaki Kleftiko - Greek Recipe
Bandits Lamb....good recipe but without an earth/clay oven you just can't cook lamb or Goat right.... The word Kleptomaniac came from 15th century Greeks hiding out from the Ottaman Empires tax men in the Mountains and stealing everything they needed including lambs for sunday clay oven cooking. Klepht - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greeks have always dodged paying taxes..it is why they are in the mess they are in today

Last edited:

garyd

Bandit's Lamb - Arnaki Kleftiko - Greek Recipe
Bandits Lamb....good recipe but without an earth/clay oven you just can't cook lamb or Goat right.... The word Kleptomaniac came from 15th century Greeks hiding out from the Ottaman Empires tax men in the Mountains and stealing everything they needed including lambs for sunday clay oven cooking. Klepht - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greeks have always dodged paying taxes..it is why they are in the mess they are in today
And you have first hand knowledge that "...they have always dodged paying taxes...." :stir:

Here's Louie & Kim Xourafas the owners...

Barb ordered the Gyro Plate

I ordered my usual Gyro

and a Greek salad...

Look's Good don't ya think..?​

MIRAMAR

We finally got a chance to try El Greco, and it was great! Like someone said, it was better than most Gyro places in the states. Louie was fun to talk with, and the gyros with 70% beef/30% lamb were well worth the $5. I told them to definitely be in Taste of Penasco next year so people can know about them- they asked how we found out about El Greco and I told them Mark wrote up a review (they said you've become a regular!). They will be closed from 7/10 until some time in September, so I recommend you go soon.

Interesting day... I met with the guys from the wheelchair basketball team at the community center... Barb, Laura and I had a productive meeting with Blanca the director of the center... from there we went for lunch, and it's Monday so you know what that means... GYROS at El Greco's and while there Louie had the people from Sam's Club in to talk about maybe ordering his products through Sam's Club...

Well, I took that opportunity to introduce myself to the Sam's Club people and I asked them if they had a program to help out the disabled and the wheelchair basketball team in particular... the gentleman I was talking with gave me the name of who to contact and then he mentioned that they also like to help out the schools...

HELLO!!! I immediately gave him one of our Adopt-A-Classroom cards and there just happened to be a Rocky Point Times there for me to show him the article about us in the RPTimes (Thanks Sandra)... the gentleman was very interested and asked if he could keep the RPTimes to show to the district manager and he also insisted that I go to Sam's Club to talk to the District Manager in person...

YES... a very productive and positive day... Just goes to show you that Good Things Happen to those who eat at El Greco's Gyros...

Okay Mark, for sure we are going with you guys next Monday!!! Now that I've seen the pictures, it makes me want one even more ........(as her tummy growls!!) And congrats on your day - looks like you were definitely in the right place at the right time (apparently, there is no wrong time to be at El Greco's though!):)

MIRAMAR

Great job Mark. And I want to congratulate you and Barb on that fantastic article in the Rocky Point Times. It was not only about the adopt-a-classroom, but it was also about the tireless, hard work that you both do for the community. The title of the article is: "If You Think Good People are Hard to Find, Meet Mark and Barb Olszewski!" And what follows is one page detailing the various charities they have helped. Way to go!

Thank you Heidi... but I need to correct one thing you said... It's not work, I hate work, but we enjoy doing what we do, if it was work I wouldn't be doing it... Again Thank You... :D

playaperro

El Pirata
Tks Mira, That was really nice, I never would of thought of doing that...Nice work Mark and Barb, and all the other people that donate time and money.

Thanks Heidi... I'm meeting the other members of Los Rolling Rockies at Sam's Club so we can talk to them about possibly getting donations and or sponsorship...

Here We Go Rolling Rockies, Here We Go... there I go cheerleading again...