heard about any shooting?

jerry

Might I suggest Tahiti?
Tahiti is sort of like hawaii...long plane flight,beautiful,real expensive but in the end you are stuck on a island with people that hate you (some hide it better than others) if i had the time i would head South of Tulum...great beaches,amazing ruins,isolated parks,fresh fruit and the ability to explore a big area on your own at modest prices..

jerry

Russ are you rethinking the casual "no problem" attitude you have about people driving east of caborca yet? The boosters and the "sky is falling" crew both need to get real.the chance of a tourist getting wacked is near zero in our area but there is a criminal element that seems to be controling rocky Point. The fish rots from the head down (The Godfather?)
Annoyingly mostly annoying

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ are you rethinking the casual "no problem" attitude you have about people driving east of caborca yet? The boosters and the "sky is falling" crew both need to get real.the chance of a tourist getting wacked is near zero in our area but there is a criminal element that seems to be controling rocky Point. The fish rots from the head down (The Godfather?)
Not sure how to answer that Jerry. I travel east of Caborca with some regularity with no problems. I guess I could be a victim there pretty easy but I have been a traveler for a long time and not too worried about stuff.

There is a reality that crime is here. That there are those who control things to some degree but I stand on my soap box still and say "dont join them in anyway shape or form and you wont have a problem with them.

Jerry are you here or in the States? (if you are here buy me a beer) We could have a very interesting conversation on this subject but not here on this forum......

jerry

You got it next time I'm in RP.I know from personal reports that there is at least one car jacking crew that works around Altar.Many victims (mostly Mexicans)
Not sure how to answer that Jerry. I travel east of Caborca with some regularity with no problems. I guess I could be a victim there pretty easy but I have been a traveler for a long time and not too worried about stuff.

There is a reality that crime is here. That there are those who control things to some degree but I stand on my soap box still and say "dont join them in anyway shape or form and you wont have a problem with them.

Jerry are you here or in the States? (if you are here buy me a beer) We could have a very interesting conversation on this subject but not here on this forum......

S

Submarine

Tahiti is nothing like Hawaii Jerry, and the people don't hate us at all. If anything, they have a beef with the French. For example, I was 'stranded' on Tahiti Iti for less than an hour when I was figuring out the Le Truck (bus) system, and had two rides within minutes of each other right to my hotel room door. Both refused any money whatsoever even the second guy who was driving on an empty tank with the fuel light on. It's a completely different culture than anywhere I've ever experienced. No tipping, no hautiness, no rudeness, no haggling, no unfriendliness.
I've actually found it to be cheaper than Hawaii, but for your average traveler it's not. People get too caught up in the Honeymoon destination and it's inflated price tag. I pay less to stay in Tahiti than I do in Rocky Point, usually around $100/night for an overwater bungalow. The trick is scooping up a cheap flight deal, which can be as cheap as a flight to Hawaii.

S

Submarine

You got it next time I'm in RP.I know from personal reports that there is at least one car jacking crew that works around Altar.Many victims (mostly Mexicans)

That's kind of ironic because 20 years ago you would have to carjack a Mexican car every 10 miles to make it to Sonoyta. I guess that's a product of manufacturing moving to Mexico that Mexicans can now afford better, newer cars and therfore carjackers have more opportunity.

jerry

Hermosillo .- Two municipal government officials were killed Tubutama with heavy weapons near the ejido San Jorge, after finishing their working day, reported PGJE.

The spokesman for the Attorney General of the State (PGJE), José Larrinaga Talamante, said the bodies were found yesterday in the municipal comptroller, Sergio Vázquez Díaz, and the Director of Public Services, Gerardo González Méndez.

The bodies were in a vehicle pick-up 1994 model Ford without license plates.

Vazquez Diaz was driving the vehicle at the time of the events, while Gonzalez Mendez was in the passenger seat.

Agents of the State Police Investigator (PEI) began research on the double homicide occurred in a breach of the ejido San Jorge, located toward the town of Atil.

In the scene personnel Expert Services of the PGJE up shell casings from AK-47s rifles known as the "goat horn" and AR-15.

The above happens down there too often,
I think it's more free lance gun crews down that way(Altar-Tubatama) The new chief in Altar is no help at best (the whole department is rotten)
That's kind of ironic because 20 years ago you would have to carjack a Mexican car every 10 miles to make it to Sonoyta. I guess that's a product of manufacturing moving to Mexico that Mexicans can now afford better, newer cars and therfore carjackers have more opportunity.

Hey Sub, if you're going to quote me in your signature, then please find a way to establish that the last few words are your own. You taking something I wrote and twisting it to suit your own agenda is not kosher. At least add quotations or otherwise own your own editorial content at the end.

There was a reported shoot out on the road from Sonoya to PP (km post 32) today with a police and ambulance convoy that was headed to PP to give medical attention to a suspected gunman from last nights ambush and shoot out at the Circle K in Sonyota. The gunmen did take away the wounded man. None of the police or ambulance attendants were injured.
Did anyone see anything?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.numerounoonline.com/main/&ei=e5Y9S-DtC5OwswP39ojGBA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search?q=numero+uno+online&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox

mis2810

There was a reported shoot out on the road from Sonoya to PP (km post 32) today with a police and ambulance convoy that was headed to PP to give medical attention to a suspected gunman from last nights ambush and shoot out at the Circle K in Sonyota. The gunmen did take away the wounded man. None of the police or ambulance attendants were injured.
Did anyone see anything?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.numerounoonline.com/main/&ei=e5Y9S-DtC5OwswP39ojGBA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search?q=numero+uno+online&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox
Is this something new? Or is this from last week?

Sadly, this looks new- take a look at the website Anita posted.
This is new. Yesterday a shooting occurred in Sonoyta. Today the gunman was shot by authorities. He wasn't killed (don't know if he has since died). As his injuries were very serious and he needed immediate attention, he was brought to Penasco for treatment. As a precaution checkpoints were immediately set up on the highway at the entrances to Penasco and Sonoyta. I went out and drove the highway to make assure myself of the way it's being handled. The military checkpoints were only inspecting some vehicles and Americans were passing without incident. A guard was placed outside the clinic as well. I would've posted sooner but my car overheated from the quick drive to Sonoyta and back. Crap.