How Is It That...?

Roberto

Hey, hey, I'm not the one that put the tire skid marks in my driveway !! The other night I was side by side with a Mini Cooper, hauling down Sinaloa toward Fremont. The mighty Titan was roaring, as we crested the hill we were faced with a set of headlights coming up the hill right toward the Mini. I shut the Titan down and hooked the first right at the bottom of the hill towards my house, doglegged then up to the gate and guess who followed me home??!?? The cop says, "I know the other driver of the Mini, Jimmi, I just wanted to make sure you got home alright" !! Ha, Jimmi says he never saw the truck coming up the hill. No money passed hands either.

Last edited:
Chari, of all people to not wear a seatbelt.............shame on you. Although I did notice it (your lack of using one!) when we were out and about that one day. But you, nor anyone else, scared me that day, so all was good!!!! (I didn't use mine cuz you didn't use yours.....I know, shame on me!) LOL!!! Hell, your Jeep even made it rain coins for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know........ I explained in a different thread how it rubs my neck raw. I've tried adjusting it, the little lap clip thingee, a sheepskin cover, to no avail. I usually wear the bottom part, tho. Doesn't that count for something? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hey Chari....they sell these "clippee thingies" that clip on to both belts and you can then adjust how far over the shoulder belt is....it pulls it away from your neck area.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah Joe, that's what I have. But, being a "fluffy girl", the seat belt is pretty much maxed out and when I put the clippee thingee on, it pops off pretty quick. I don't know...........

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yes, but I am told it is broken. The airbag light came on a few months ago and I took it in to have the codes read. They said it would be a LOT of money to fix. Now, I know Bill asked me what my life was worth in another thread so I guess I'm gonna get beat up now. I am going to get the seat belt exptender and look into the harness.........

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Yes, but I am told it is broken. The airbag light came on a few months ago and I took it in to have the codes read. They said it would be a LOT of money to fix. Now, I know Bill asked me what my life was worth in another thread so I guess I'm gonna get beat up now. I am going to get the seat belt exptender and look into the harness.........
Tee hee! Good! And I think that was Joe who asked you what your life was worth...now you are beginning to see what it is worth to us!

playaperro

El Pirata
Not a CJ Red Jeep

Wut chu talkin' 'bout, Dawg?

Stuart, They changed the seatbelt law recently, I believe it was early May. I got pulled over in Buckeye on my way to PP Memorial day weekend for not wearing it. The only reason I was in Buckeye was that the interstate was backed up east of Jackrabbit for some reason. The fine was 38 bucks. I'm staying the h#$$ out of Buckeye now! LOL!

I've been thru that checkpoint 3 times now and I probably was not wearing my seatbelt a couple of them. I'm notorious for not wearing it. I wasn't fined. I have no idea.........Maybe others will chime in if something has happened to them. Maybe Rosie can check it out for us.......
Sorry Chari.I did not mean a cj jeep, A red Sherockee one.

Your Buddy

Playa

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
OK, Playa,
no harm, no foul. Altho it's a TJ. That means I have A/C, power steering and brakes, coilovers and a 6 speaker stereo system. Plus all the toughness of a CJ. What more could a girl want?

Oh, I get it now....A red Cherokee......

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Really? What model did you have? Mine's a Sport. Altho she was also a special production that year that came with Dana 44's, 373 gears, chrome taillight and headlight covers and chrome hood latches She was also painted with a special paint color called Chili Pepper red. I think they did that with the '99 Cherokees, too.......

Now her color is Chili Pepper scratch and dent and Sunburn.... LOL!

Last edited:

Kenny

Chili Pepper red..98

PICT0006.jpg Click
I guess they had Chili Pepper Red in 98 too. Behind my Jeep is the little estuary that's about 13 miles north (driving on the beach) from Jerry's place in Los Dunas.

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It seems to me they did. I think I was told it was 98 and 99. Do you have Dana 44's and 373 gears? The normal things for that year were Dana 30's and 305 gears.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Mine was also a Sport...Dana 44's but no A/C! And it was Chili Pepper Red. Fun buggy! Her name was Della, as in Della Street. Her nickname was Red.:cruisin: